Metal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Chuck on Themata then, or their first EP. It's heavier.

I heard a new song during their gig the other night that was pretty guitar-heavy, so good.

I don't really like any of those bands you just listed, haha.

Isn't metal so diverse!
So I finally gave this a go.

Hmm dunno if I like the growling in the vocals.

EDIT: The vocals did remind me of a band I used to listen to, Be'lakor

They're a Melodic Death Metal band from Melbourne

That band reminded me a hell of a lot of Opeth. More of a progressive band than deth metal. Liked it though. Excellent musos.
Re Dying Fetus, I don't really care all that much about vocals in a lot metal. Its more the way they do tempo changes that I like.
And sweep picking. Dunno if you play guitar but it's bloody hard to do well, they do it with absolute ease. Even on bass. Ha ha.

That band reminded me a hell of a lot of Opeth. More of a progressive band than deth metal. Liked it though. Excellent musos.
Re Dying Fetus, I don't really care all that much about vocals in a lot metal. Its more the way they do tempo changes that I like.
And sweep picking. Dunno if you play guitar but it's bloody hard to do well, they do it with absolute ease. Even on bass. Ha ha.

I do play guitar and have never attempted sweep picking.

Been getting into Alex Laiho's stuff recently

Hmm dunno if I like the growling in the vocals.

EDIT: The vocals did remind me of a band I used to listen to, Be'lakor

They're a Melodic Death Metal band from Melbourne

I've heard so many people rave about Be'lakor. Maybe it's just not my thing.

The same people told be about Nails, now they're more up my alley.

I have 5 songs by NIN.
Deep
Terrible Lie
The Hand That Feeds
The Perfect Drug
Head Like a Hole

Oh not NIN, Nails...

NIN are my fav band though, coincidentally :) There isn't a band I know more about than them!

For you Bots The Downward Spiral is the heaviest album, the first two were electro-heavy, and The Fragile is indescribable. Probably one of the greatest albums of all time :) A lot of new fans started with With Teeth or Year Zero, both great albums, but difficult to point towards a specific genre. As is most of Trent's work.

Last edited:
Have to say I'm quite enjoying the new Tallica', Death Magnetic definitely didn't get this much of a run.

Noteworthy tracks so far:

Moth into Flame
Halo on Fire
Spit Out the Bone

Lars' drumming in Now That We're Dead is painful though, truly annoying to the ears!

Oh not NIN, Nails...

NIN are my fav band though, coincidentally :) There isn't a band I know more about than them!

For you Bots The Downward Spiral is the heaviest album, the first two were electro-heavy, and The Fragile is indescribable. Probably one of the greatest albums of all time :) A lot of new fans started with With Teeth or Year Zero, both great albums, but difficult to point towards a specific genre. As is most of Trent's work.

I looked up the band Nails and thought "nah she means NIN". Turns out I was wrong :drunk:

The comments from that video: "This is so hard I just punched myself in the face." :D

I looked up the band Nails and thought "nah she means NIN". Turns out I was wrong :drunk:

The comments from that video: "This is so hard I just punched myself in the face." :D

Hahaha. I'd never call my beloved 'Nails'. I normally say all 3 words! :p

That song is pretty cool from Nails though, all one-minute something of it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the other thread, but I chose here since Zakk Wylde is such a great guitarist and part of Black Label Society.

Didn't know you were a metalhead The rabbi :thumbsu:

I have everything ranging from Black Sabbath, Metallica, Led Zep to Jazz, instrumental, 50 and 60's Classical music through to Opera Arias. I listen to all sorts of music genres and what I listen to at any particular time is governed by the mood that I am in.

Great film clip. I don't know where it is from but it has a George Orwell thing about it.

Tis for a trailer for a film called 300:rise of an empire. (Haven't seen it)
I like it. Has got a 1984 vibe to it.
A lot of the factory bits reminded me of the Birmingham Sabbath would of grown up in and inspired them which I thought was cool.

Didn't know you were a metalhead The rabbi :thumbsu:

I went to Black Sabbath's THE END concert on April 16th last year at Rod Laver Arena.

55E8859E-black-sabbath-the-end-dates-announced-for-the-final-tour-video-announcement-streaming-image.jpg

I have everything ranging from Black Sabbath, Metallica, Led Zep to Jazz, instrumental, 50 and 60's Classical music through to Opera Arias. I listen to all sorts of music genres and what I listen to at any particular time is governed by the mood that I am in.
Any modern metal?

I thought that the concert would be full of kids but there were heaps of old blokes and women my age and older there.
I think there was another preety big metal band playing in the same week. Kids probably saved their money for that one.
How was it? Ozzy sound ok? Bill Ward play?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back