Metal Thread

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
So much new metal out. Mr Bungle, Armored Saint and Sevendust all over the last few weeks..... still haven’t finished Adrian Smiths book.
I reckon I've nearly read that whole book in bits and pieces on my Google feed lol.
Finished the Rust in Peace audiobook. Was good cause its read in all their actual voices.
New Ellefson cover album out too. Listened to Riff Raff (Bon Scott) was awesome.

Scottland2007

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I reckon I've nearly read that whole book in bits and pieces on my Google feed lol.
Finished the Rust in Peace audiobook. Was good cause its read in all their actual voices.
New Ellefson cover album out too. Listened to Riff Raff (Bon Scott) was awesome.
Iron Maiden fan club magazine has an article on the new book. Article is called “in waders”. I pissed myself at a joke no one in my house will understand

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Just felt like putting this up for some reason. Tis good.
Dime getting shots poured for him and nailing the solo as always.
Phil smoking weed. Good stuff.

I wish they had covered another sabbath song. Was never the biggest fan of planet caravan. Maybe like ironman, or hand of doom.

Apparently they did a cover of electric funeral in the nativity in black tribute album. But i’ve never heard it. Might see if i can find it.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Not really metal but reading the Mark Lanegan autobiography.
Just read a bit where he strangled Al Jourgenson with a phone cord over heroin lol so made me listen to Ministry.
This version of Thieves is sweet as

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
This thread doesn’t get enough love.

44EE25C0-2D25-4F21-96A0-E5981178A25B.jpeg

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Mastadon has 3 singers and they chop and change depending on the song. So the drummer and guitarist might sing. Never seen that before with 3.

I do like multiple vocalists in bands. It’s an interesting concept having 2 opposed voices.

My favourite is probably tim williams from vision of disorder, with special guest phil anselmo on by the river. Phil’s voice suits it really well. Hardcore though.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Mastadon has 3 singers and they chop and change depending on the song. So the drummer and guitarist might sing. Never seen that before with 3.

I do like multiple vocalists in bands. It’s an interesting concept having 2 opposed voices.

My favourite is probably tim williams from vision of disorder, with special guest phil anselmo on by the river. Phil’s voice suits it really well. Hardcore though.

I meant to say they had 2 singers in 2 separate eras.
Usually when bands change singers you like one more than the other.
But they're both equally good.
Yeah Mastodon! 3 singers at the same time. They all good too. It really works.

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I meant to say they had 2 singers in 2 separate eras.
Usually when bands change singers you like one more than the other.
But they're both equally good.
Yeah Mastodon! 3 singers at the same time. They all good too. It really works.
Ah ok. Mistook what you were saying. Yeah you usually like one and not the other. For me it’s black sabbath. Love the ozzy era, but not the dio era.

Back