The Law MeToo Movement

It's politics leeching in to sport.

The AFL clubs have been 99.9999999999999999999999999999% built by MEN.

Politics has always leeched into sport, that's why before now women were discouraged from playing footy. If anything, it's taking the politics out of sport and making it accessible to all. And you are kidding yourself if you think women haven't played a meaningful role in building footy clubs over the years, or you've never been involved in running one.

Mar 16, 2007
Showers Stand
AFL Club
Essendon
AFLW is clearly an exercise in marketing. If it didn't serve that purpose it would have no reason to exist. Why else would the AFL get themselves involved?

It's the same reason why South Melbourne and Wollongong can't get into the A-League, or why the BBL have franchises and not state sides, or why there's no more Australian Masters golf tournament. The same sort of conversations are had about all these things.

AFLW is clearly an exercise in marketing. If it didn't serve that purpose it would have no reason to exist. Why else would the AFL get themselves involved?

It's the same reason why South Melbourne and Wollongong can't get into the A-League, or why the BBL have franchises and not state sides, or why there's no more Australian Masters golf tournament. The same sort of conversations are had about all these things.
What do you mean by 'an exercise in marketing'?

Mar 16, 2007
Showers Stand
AFL Club
Essendon
What do you mean by 'an exercise in marketing'?

Well, just that really.

For all the talk about social inclusion and how great it is for women to be playing sport, the raison d'être for an AFLW competition ultimately is to lever more money from somewhere. Otherwise it wouldn't be a seven round season wedged between the end of one sport and the start of another.

Well, just that really.

For all the talk about social inclusion and how great it is for women to be playing sport, the raison d'être for an AFLW competition ultimately is to lever more money from somewhere. Otherwise it wouldn't be a seven round season wedged between the end of one sport and the start of another.
Well, I guess at the end of the day everything about the AFL is about marketing then.

Everything about the afl is money and marketing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure that they would be making much if any money from this.

Subsidy of salaries to the clubs.
No entrance fee charged?
Sponsorship money goes to the clubs?

Why not market to an audience that is close to 50%? of membership of AFL and clubs?

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
There were a collection of posters who were open minded, clear, and never religious` about their position.
They would take in all information available, reflect on their knowledge and life experiences, and express them in an engaging form.

You, Mofra , Geelong_Sicko , Contra Mundum[sic] , and even Dry Rot

Even if it was a topic I completely disagreed with, their posts would make me reconsider my perspective.

You posting (almost verbatim) the propaganda from certain talking heads, has made me wonder if you ever thought for yourself.

Bit harsh on our brother Blackcat - he can be obtuse at times but we still love him

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bit harsh on our brother Blackcat - he can be obtuse at times but we still love him
How was it harsh?
I'd love obtuse. But that isn't what he does anymore.

The AFL clubs have been 99.9999999999999999999999999999% built by MEN.
So?

100% of humans have been birthed by WOMEN.

Meaningful?
I thought gender was a social construct?

blackcat liked this.

Is that obtuse?

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
How was it harsh?
I'd love obtuse. But that isn't what he does anymore.
blackcat liked this.

Is that obtuse?
Rigor. Balls In was merely explicating a point by using gender theory argument talking point(s) to undermine(ridicule) the position. If you protest <Balls'> words, you protest and reject the gender theory point. But #RU486<strikethru> CM86 you know the clarity Balls was attempting to offer, so you're being needlessly tedious

Last edited:

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure that they would be making much if any money from this.

Subsidy of salaries to the clubs.
No entrance fee charged?
Sponsorship money goes to the clubs?

Why not market to an audience that is close to 50%? of membership of AFL and clubs?
I interpret you as being on the money. The AFL hq is funding AFLW to significant cash expense HOWEVER a significant P&L gain. The actual marketing expense is, in real terms, infinitisemal compared to pumpriming an asset they could capitalise on the B/S pending AAS. (AusAcc'ntg Stndz)

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Rigor. Balls In was merely explicating a point by using gender theory argument talking point(s) to undermine(ridicule) the position. If you protest <Balls'> words, you protest and reject the gender theory point. But #RU486<strikethru> CM86 you know the clarity Balls was attempting to offer, so you're being needlessly tedious
I think everyone is aware of his point. what other interpretation is even there??

You could have considered the difference between sex and gender.
If there is one or not, and what the different meanings are. Is one fact and the other a social construct?
Could sex be biological, and gender be attributes we assign to sex?

Instead, the stuff you read seems to have convinced you that "gender theory" is the enemy, so you enjoy anything that opposes your enemy.
'I identify as a pineapple'- blackcat likes this

Most of my posts recently have been about you. And it's because I respect you.
Maybe you're the same as you've always been, and I've just become a brainwashed lefty and I get upset that you post things I don't like. Maybe you've stopped being critical.
No one believes they're wrong.
I'll stop bothering you about it as you don't owe me anything.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
I think everyone is aware of his point. what other interpretation is even there??

You could have considered the difference between sex and gender.
If there is one or not, and what the different meanings are. Is one fact and the other a social construct?
Could sex be biological, and gender be attributes we assign to sex?
Paglia and Star of Sea's Sandringham's contrarianprovocateur Germaine Greer are good for #authorityfallacy. This is zeitgeist. A construction built upon the actual construct theory. There was always a spectrum of big m Masculinity and Femininity. The current manifestation is identity politics gone MAD and trend adoption in zeitgeist febrile(fever) mores. Dr Strangelove Peter Sellers Curtis Le'may capital m.*asterisk caveat to come

*in 150 years the academy may have resolved the current embroglio, and gendered constructions may be a reality. But this WAS reality, binary gender theory, was a manifestation of biology and history's compulsory roles which was in lockstep with biology and under yoke of Hobbes short harsh brutal aphorism and Maslow's hierarchy. 200 years ago we were all serfs, servants, indentured farmers or Manchester coal miners(Emile Durkheim) and had no vote. You could not book in to Epworth for trans surgery.

One can make the argument that such neccessity became construct for the FALSE MISperception(illusion) (pleonasm)of the/a NATURAL ORDER. Except evolutionary psychology has 200 thousand years HEADSTART.

We won't be around in 150 years will we CM86

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Paglia and Star of Sea's Sandringham's contrarianprovocateur Germaine Greer are good for #authorityfallacy. This is zeitgeist. A construction built upon the actual construct theory. There was always a spectrum of big m Masculinity and Femininity. The current manifestation is identity politics gone MAD and trend adoption in zeitgeist febrile(fever) mores. Dr Strangelove Peter Sellers Chris Lemay capital m.*asterisk caveat to come

*in 150 years the academy may have resolved the current embroglio, and gendered constructions may be a reality. But this WAS reality, binary gender theory, was a manifestation of biology and history's compulsory roles which was in lockstep with biology and under yoke of Hobbes short harsh brutal aphorism and Maslow's hierarchy. 200 years ago we were all serfs, servants, indentured farmers or Manchester coal miners(Emile Durkheim) and had no vote. You could not book in to Epworth for trans surgery.

One can make the argument that such neccessity became construct for the FALSE MISperception(illusion) of the/a NATURAL ORDER.

We won't be around in 150 years will we CM86
You don't see any issue, or any avenue for improvement? You think this is the best it should be, and that pushing for change is big M PC gone Mad?

You don't seem to complain about the major political corruptions across 'first world' societies. Your battle is against PC, gender theory, and lefty academics?

When hunters needed to be physically strong, and the rest stayed behind. The weak cooked or were killed.
Have we not grown past that?
How many jobs in 2050 will be held by muscular physicality, vs how many will be held by creative/critical thinking?

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
You don't see any issue, or any avenue for improvement? You think this is the best it should be, and that pushing for change is big M PC gone Mad?
If you had followed me for years you would know that I am anything but sweeping generalisations.

My position was, we have come far in two centuries, we are still on an arc north trajectory. But, this artificial bifurcation into competing sexes, is hurting society. The identity politics is atomising people of like mind moving to one end and objective towards in-fighting, inverted status on victimhood, privilege, racists, white-supremacy. (these are smears and base invective and vituperation).
This is absurd, we have about the best life of any population*(allow me an end asterisk caveat), in 200000 years of MODERN homo-sapien. Do you know and appreciate how good an urban person in a major city of Australia has it in 2019? +NZ +Switzerland +Canada(-Trudeau) +Finland?

anyone who has sentience would know that both sexes are on this project TOGETHER, and comparitive advantage means that will be the best population (economic narrowcast) if we specialize in our gifts and talents. If the chix kick arse and are 60% enrolment in the prestigious sandstone universities here in the post-grad vocational degrees like medicine and law, then as a nation, we will be more likely to succeed with this elite talent flourishing. If the elite talents taking Math PhDs at Princeton and Berkley are 4:1 men to female ( we are talking the top 1/10,000% of math students mind you ;), so be it. The men will likely be disadvantaged with autism, but they can do math.

We are all better off with comparitive advantage, lets take from the best of both sexes in the human project, and not a rival project.

*yes, some Aboriginals on station/mission/reserve do not have it this way, actually, most/nigh all, on those geographic locales. In urban centres, there is access to education, healthcare, tradeschool/tertiary uni. (NB. this sounds bad and wo context, I may sound like Windschuttle. Its a forum and I am limited for character length and TLCBF. I would like to make the caveat and qualifier far more generous and nuanced, cos it does not read/sound that way, but that is not my intent.)

it sounds all very reductive and stupid of me... its figBooty
istockphoto-908314522-1024x1024.jpg
afterall.

Last edited:

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
How many jobs in 2050 will be held by muscular physicality, vs how many will be held by creative/critical thinking?
I think the generalisation on some traditional work dying, has been media driven fear, like Elon Musk reckons he gets to Mars by 2025. Just bs. There will always be a demand for a shitload of tradies, the garbos, and other tradie-service type roles. What is going to automation, is also going to arbitraged labour in Bangladesh and Vietnam. China was losing out on wage arbitrage to countries like Egypt, Bangladesh, Vietnam, 8 years back. China has labour critical mass, and a very flexible unit economy which creates industries tabula rasa turnkey within months. Yeah they steal IP and patent... <enter meds' pro forma script for china business ethics). So the factory-line workplace of 50years ago is dead, and will never come back. But the singularity, artificial intelligence, workplace automation... the media like to beat a drum with talking points because they really lack any true entrepreneurial zest of the free-market ( meds wanna weigh in here, or wade in? medusala ) It is why Murdoch and William Randolph Hearst/Herst really are peddling a propaganda and advertising sheet.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Politics has always leeched into sport, that's why before now women were discouraged from playing footy.

You have a masters degree in utter bullshit.

Women have been playing football for decades. It's just that no one gave two stuffs about it.

Now it's rammed down peoples throats because of politics.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Is everything a conspiracy these days? Can't let women have some fun out on the footy field, oh no. It has to be a conspiracy for them to be out playing. They're all in on it too, probably funding their millions back to the NWO ready for the next ISIS attack.
Is the AFLW just for fun for the women?
They seem more dedicated than that

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Is the AFLW just for fun for the women?
They seem more dedicated than that
Significant part is perception, cos the AFL marketing unit pump-primed it, because the 50% of consumers(women) of the men's game are VERY IMPORTANT to the AFL mens marketing unit.

I will leave everyone with 2points one of which I will co-,opt the contributor with rigour, Snake_Baker ... i) Everyone in this thread, EVERYONE, this is the marketing unit marketing the pro W league, But really as benefit to the MALE pro game, SHORING UP the 50% of their v important bloc of consumers who are female, this was quasi token FEELING as identity politics gender FEMALES, that females as a bloc are integral to AFL I.n.v.o.l v.e.m.e.n.t and are 50% interesting input.
ii) my original Qu, can I please see the AFL HQ whitepaper on doing a PortAdelaideMagpies -> PortAdelaidePower takeover buying their trademarks and investing 7figures (Demetriou took home 2 mill) and asking Susan Alberti and Gina Rinehart to match them, and DAREBIN is the star foundation club, supertramp. It has legit LEGIT history, Vic Park, Princess Park, is old Alexandra/Nicholson oval still an oval? The Fitzroy ground. Zeitgeist times, Canberra plus Spring Street woulda put in 100million each! If they offer Kardinia 50mill in Canberra for "upgrade". Turnkey tabula rasa, they get GOV'T money for #NationalCentreofExcellence&weaselwordsdonwatsonFORWOMENSFOOTBALL.

Where was the whitepaper?

It is difficult to read my contributions and have Pavlov response to smear me as misogynist because all I offer are curious dilemmas, only questions without answers.

Where is the DarebinFitzroy SUPERTEAM?

I will offer one pseudo answer,
There ultimately resides a tension where affal house (AFL hq phonetix) will not wish to cannibalize consumption for the AFL consumer by aflW. So Susan Alberti should be meeting w GINA. Use AFL marketing and 50pohcentMEN rentseeking their investment monies then in a decade dozen yrs, breakaway. *I know failure FoxtelMURDOCH SuperLeague

There is ALWAYS disadvantage because of non-equiv competitive tension W EPL&promajorEuroleagues versus the A-League Aus pro soccer/AssociationFootball

AFL W versus men that context on steroids. Not cos of patriarchy, legacy, or construction theory. Humans wanna see the best in competition, and pay to consume pro sport. A-League soccer FAR inferior product that will never compete w Europe economies. But Alberti and Gina could succeed W a 6team league spearheaded by DarebinFitzroy, and afford to pay players close to 6 figures for a 14 man game(competition) w 24 player lists IN w.i.n.t.e.r, going head2head versus AFL Men cannibalizing infinitisemal pohcent of consumers, but rent-seek Murdoch Foxtel and Gov't.

Last edited:
You have a masters degree in utter bullshit.

Women have been playing football for decades. It's just that no one gave two stuffs about it.

Now it's rammed down peoples throats because of politics.
It's not rammed down anyone's throat, you don't have to watch it or have anything to do with it if you don't want to. And if they've been playing it for decades what's the problem then?

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
BULLSHIT. Politics has bugger all to do with it.
... the fallacy of yours, I will also be guilty of as everyone #fallacyofsolipsism.

Due respect, But bullshit to you sir/madame you r a nuffie.

It is all zeitgeist plus rent-seeking plus equality plus diversity and overarching POLITICS.

wait, plus patriarchy, toxic masculinity, white male legacies, and privilege!

I forgot plus Gillette ads, be better men, all of you fellow misogynist, watch Gillette ads, buy Gillette, be Gillette, be the ball, be Bill Murray, be CaddyShack, listen to Andy Maher, don't harass Tayla Harris, don't sexually harass, be better, be better all of you men

p'raps #Poe's_law, p'raps NOT #Poe's_law

Last edited:
Back