GC
WA#2

From that list I think WA#2 and GC deserve it most

Big news for Suns here ,

Bon Jovi to rock Gold Coast AFL stadium on 2018 Australian tour
Suzanne Simonot, Gold Coast Bulletin
September 16, 2017 12:00am
Subscriber only
BON Jovi are set to answer Gold Coast music fans’ prayers next year when they bring their 2018 Australian tour to Metricon Stadium.

Leading promoter Paul Dainty, president and CEO of TEG Dainty, said he had been working to deliver local music fans a stadium show at the home of the Gold Coast Suns AFL team.

“When Bon Jovi tours next year, I’ll bring them to Metricon,” he said.

“We had something for February next year but we couldn’t get it in there with the Commonwealth Games but we’ve got Bon Jovi coming in 2018/2019.”

The “something” is believed to have been The Queen tour featuring Adam Lambert.

Mr Dainty’s local partner Billy Cross, from Cross Promotions, said a Bon Jovi show at Metricon followed by the two-day SandTunes festival at Coolangatta would help put the Gold Coast back on the summer live music map.

“We had the Big Day Out back in the day and we knew how good that was for the local economy,” Mr Cross said.

“Having something like this and HangOut takes it to another level. It’s exactly what we need.

“We need something to fill that void in summer.”

The stadium show would be the first concert at Metricon since the Gold Coast Big Day Out in 2014 — the year of the touring festival’s last stand.

The city was left with a gaping $60 million hole on its summer events calendar in the wake of the demise of the Big Day Out and dance music festival Summafieldayze.

“We need to entice promoters to come to the Coast and use Metricon,” Mr Cross said.

“It’s the best stadium in the country but we need to do more to entice them.”

TEG Dainty was formed last year after TEG, the Ticketek owners formerly known as Nine Live, bought Mr Dainty’s company Dainty Group.

Fans crammed into Metricon Stadium for the last ever Gold Coast Big Day Out in 2014. Picture: Luke Marsden.
Economic Development and Major Projects Committee chair and Division 11 councillor

Hermann Vorster said yesterday Mr Dainty and his SandTunes festival partners had attracted acts such as Queen, Katy Perry, Lionel Richie, Guns N Roses, Eminem, Bon Jovi, The Jersey Boys and the Rolling Stones to various locations around the world.

“It would be my hope that they would do precisely the same on the Gold Coast, seeing as they’ve got this particular festival up off the ground,” he said.

Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder performs at the 2014 Big Day Out at Metricon Stadium. Picture: Brendan Radke.
METRICON’S BIG GIGS
1. The stadium welcomed its first major rock concert in 2001 when KISS brought their Farewell Tour to the venue, known then as Carrara Stadium. Alice Cooper played the venue the following night before it was redeveloped and renamed Metricon Stadium.

2. Ten years later, the Foo Fighters rocked Metricon’s socks off in December 2011, setting the all-time attendance record for any event there with a sold-out crowd of 37,000 people. The show — and the stadium — later featured in the Foo Fighters film clip for These Days.

3. On January 19, 2014, the venue welcomed acts including Pearl Jam, Blur and Arcade Fire when it hosted the Big Day Out for the first time — a show that sadly turned out to be the last ever Big Day Out held on the Coast.

Big news for Suns here ,

Bon Jovi to rock Gold Coast AFL stadium on 2018 Australian tour
Suzanne Simonot, Gold Coast Bulletin
September 16, 2017 12:00am
Subscriber only
BON Jovi are set to answer Gold Coast music fans’ prayers next year when they bring their 2018 Australian tour to Metricon Stadium.

Leading promoter Paul Dainty, president and CEO of TEG Dainty, said he had been working to deliver local music fans a stadium show at the home of the Gold Coast Suns AFL team.

“When Bon Jovi tours next year, I’ll bring them to Metricon,” he said.

“We had something for February next year but we couldn’t get it in there with the Commonwealth Games but we’ve got Bon Jovi coming in 2018/2019.”

The “something” is believed to have been The Queen tour featuring Adam Lambert.

Mr Dainty’s local partner Billy Cross, from Cross Promotions, said a Bon Jovi show at Metricon followed by the two-day SandTunes festival at Coolangatta would help put the Gold Coast back on the summer live music map.

“We had the Big Day Out back in the day and we knew how good that was for the local economy,” Mr Cross said.

“Having something like this and HangOut takes it to another level. It’s exactly what we need.

“We need something to fill that void in summer.”

The stadium show would be the first concert at Metricon since the Gold Coast Big Day Out in 2014 — the year of the touring festival’s last stand.

The city was left with a gaping $60 million hole on its summer events calendar in the wake of the demise of the Big Day Out and dance music festival Summafieldayze.

“We need to entice promoters to come to the Coast and use Metricon,” Mr Cross said.

“It’s the best stadium in the country but we need to do more to entice them.”

TEG Dainty was formed last year after TEG, the Ticketek owners formerly known as Nine Live, bought Mr Dainty’s company Dainty Group.

Fans crammed into Metricon Stadium for the last ever Gold Coast Big Day Out in 2014. Picture: Luke Marsden.
Economic Development and Major Projects Committee chair and Division 11 councillor

Hermann Vorster said yesterday Mr Dainty and his SandTunes festival partners had attracted acts such as Queen, Katy Perry, Lionel Richie, Guns N Roses, Eminem, Bon Jovi, The Jersey Boys and the Rolling Stones to various locations around the world.

“It would be my hope that they would do precisely the same on the Gold Coast, seeing as they’ve got this particular festival up off the ground,” he said.

Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder performs at the 2014 Big Day Out at Metricon Stadium. Picture: Brendan Radke.
METRICON’S BIG GIGS
1. The stadium welcomed its first major rock concert in 2001 when KISS brought their Farewell Tour to the venue, known then as Carrara Stadium. Alice Cooper played the venue the following night before it was redeveloped and renamed Metricon Stadium.

2. Ten years later, the Foo Fighters rocked Metricon’s socks off in December 2011, setting the all-time attendance record for any event there with a sold-out crowd of 37,000 people. The show — and the stadium — later featured in the Foo Fighters film clip for These Days.

3. On January 19, 2014, the venue welcomed acts including Pearl Jam, Blur and Arcade Fire when it hosted the Big Day Out for the first time — a show that sadly turned out to be the last ever Big Day Out held on the Coast.
Just checked out that foo fighters video. METRICON looked really impressive in some of those shots very proud to have that stadium as part of the Gold Coast.

Just heard from my brother they are restructuring the membership seating. And so my Dad and him have lost their seats.

However, they have comped him and Dad by upgrading them from Gold B to Gold A, and they have moved to the Western Stand on the wing. Also mentioned that the price is going to be cheaper this year, all conveyed through a phone conversation with the membership department.

Yea I had the call from the membership team a few weeks ago as well, apparently they are increasing the number of general admission seats to increase crowds . But in doing so they are removing gold B altogether so memberships will go from silver straight upto Gold A. We were upgraded to gold a from gold b for next season for free which I thought was pretty good

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Metricon
bee8bd8a572521e4fe75ff8e40f7db00.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have a question.
Are our "you beaut" training facilities available to our players for pre-season training or has the C'wealth Games mob kicked us out of them as well?
I believe We have to vacate them and I think.I read somewhere that the whole club including admin and offices will move to a temporary base either at Griffith Uni or Bond university

I believe We have to vacate them and I think.I read somewhere that the whole club including admin and offices will move to a temporary base either at Griffith Uni or Bond university
so another preseason with out AFL facilities? What's that now 8 years in a row with out AFL standards....??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast Sports Curse continues to wreak havoc. Don't worry, 2018 is supposed to be the last season that GC teams are cursed.

the Queensland Firebird's round 10 match in 2018 V Melbourne Vixens will be played at Gold Coast Sports Leisure Center

The quote of the Coch about playing in the nude made me laugh and the shifting of home games made me want to cry.
What's there to cry about? We knew this was coming due to the Comm Games.

I also <3 the Coch so much, Dude wears his heart on his sleeve and speaks his mind even if it isn't 100% beneficial to the club at times.

He's got major league...as my good friend Isuro Tanaka would call them "marbles"

What's there to cry about? We knew this was coming due to the Comm Games.

I also <3 the Coch so much, Dude wears his heart on his sleeve and speaks his mind even if it isn't 100% beneficial to the club at times.

He's got major league...as my good friend Isuro Tanaka would call them "marbles"

I would like us to have stacks of home games in the second half of the season rather than what’s in the article.
That’s where I’m coming from.

Got this email Tuesday
IMG_7731.jpg

As the club has previously communicated, the Commonwealth Games will cause a disruption to our 2018 season.

We are continuing to work with the AFL to push as many home games as possible into the back half of the season, however, we will still need to play up to four home games away from Metricon Stadium until we return to the venue in early June.

These changes will affect your membership package and as such they will be priced to reflect these impacts in 2018.

Excitingly, on Wednesday we will announce a strategic partnership with Tourism & Events Queensland that will result in one of our home games during this period being played in Cairns, and one game to be played in Townsville during the 2019 or 2020 season.

We have played a Toyota AFL Premiership match in Cairns for the last seven years and we are thrilled that we will continue to play a role in growing the game in a region that we’re passionate about for years to come. We will also be pioneers in bringing a match to Townsville for premiership points.

Details on the date of the match and our opponent will be released as part of the 2018 AFL Fixture, expected later this month, as will information on our remaining home games.

Further information regarding membership packages and prices will also be distributed to members following the release of the fixture.

Kind regards,
Gold Coast SUNS Membership Team

Got this email Tuesday
View attachment 429418

As the club has previously communicated, the Commonwealth Games will cause a disruption to our 2018 season.

We are continuing to work with the AFL to push as many home games as possible into the back half of the season, however, we will still need to play up to four home games away from Metricon Stadium until we return to the venue in early June.

These changes will affect your membership package and as such they will be priced to reflect these impacts in 2018.

Excitingly, on Wednesday we will announce a strategic partnership with Tourism & Events Queensland that will result in one of our home games during this period being played in Cairns, and one game to be played in Townsville during the 2019 or 2020 season.

We have played a Toyota AFL Premiership match in Cairns for the last seven years and we are thrilled that we will continue to play a role in growing the game in a region that we’re passionate about for years to come. We will also be pioneers in bringing a match to Townsville for premiership points.

Details on the date of the match and our opponent will be released as part of the 2018 AFL Fixture, expected later this month, as will information on our remaining home games.

Further information regarding membership packages and prices will also be distributed to members following the release of the fixture.

Kind regards,
Not happy about the club moving a home game to Townsville in 2019/2020

Got this email Tuesday
View attachment 429418

Kind regards,

I replied as soon as I got it letting them know my dissatisfaction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back