News PeopleFirst (Bank) Stadium and Precinct

Remove this Banner Ad

i believe there's two big screens At the back of the top tier that you can't see and one bottom right in this photos then after the opening ceremony they will put these back up on the field IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0005.jpg

Last edited:

Yes I don't want it to rain.

At least the forecast had gone from 15mm of rain to just 5mm that will be clear by the evening.

Here I am thinking about what sun protection I'll need for the swimming and the hockey (all other events I'm going to are either indoors or at night). Now I'm wondering whether I need to go for the awkward jacket/shorts look :D

Will the temporary stands remain for the rest of the season or do they come down straight after the games? Could come in handy if the suns keep playing this brand of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fairly certain they'll come down straight after and the ground will get reset to how it was pre-games.

I wish they would have at least reconfigured the stadium to allow for a few more seats. There isn't really that much room for crowd growth - the record Suns crowd is very close to capacity.

I reckon round 11 will seriously threaten the record.

I wish they would have at least reconfigured the stadium to allow for a few more seats. There isn't really that much room for crowd growth - the record Suns crowd is very close to capacity.

I reckon round 11 will seriously threaten the record.
we've only had six home games in our existence over 20k, with the top two of those being at the gabba in our first year. even if our form is really good heading into round 11 i can't imagine us breaking any records.

if the stadium was any bigger there'd be more ongoing fees (maintenance, staff, etc), i think we'd need to warrant an upgrade with a few more sellouts first. over the last 8 years we've only averaged 14000.

Leave the temporary stand up as a reminder of the original temporary stands from Christopher Skase :D

Could even call it the Qintex stand :D
Haha nice callback. My understanding is Qintex was supposed to fund the six stadium light towers that still stand to this day but Skase left the country and they were never paid for. So maybe naming the light towers after Skase/Qintex is more fitting?

What annoys me is that the video screens take spots for quite a few seats which fans miss out on

Haha nice callback. My understanding is Qintex was supposed to fund the six stadium light towers that still stand to this day but Skase left the country and they were never paid for. So maybe naming the light towers after Skase/Qintex is more fitting?

That's true. Name 2 Skase, 2 Qintex and 2 Majorca :D

That’s a shame, the suns will outgrow the 25k capacity in the not too distant future.

Although it’s worth noting that the temporary stands at QSAC for the 1982 games are still there.
I was at QSAC for the AC/DC concert last year (or was it the year before?) and have always wondered since then what the stands were for. Ugly and awful but I never knew that’s what they were originally for. Interesting! Thanks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back