1635243424004.png

1635243443327.png

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Need to find ben king a honey and have him knock her up and then he can take the kid to work

I’ve got a feeling she is from Melbourne too possibly still living in Melbourne?
Nah. Originally from melb, but she and her family moved to the GC a couple years ago. I assume that's how they met. On the GC.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Are you saying you asked your mum to take one for the team?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I feel like Kingy would be the one taking one for the team there.

give up modding on BF, immediate boost to the odds
Ironically, I've been in more relationships since I started as mod than before. It's not like my opening line is "Hey, I'm a mod on BigFooty"

How we even got onto this subject is beyond me.

In summary: Metricon Stadium is a very nice stadium; Still lacks jacuzzi in the Touk Miller Stand

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Ironically, I've been in more relationships since I started as mod than before. It's not like my opening line is "Hey, I'm a mod on BigFooty"

In summary: Metricon Stadium is a very nice stadium; Still lacks jacuzzi in the Touk Miller Stand
You are the one that bought up your mum!

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers

would love to see a stand named after a legend like swallow or touk. sad thing is the general seating is one continuous stand for ground & upper levels (except for the fancy corpo buggers). dunno how we'd do it but it would be cool, since we technically control/operate the stadium and all.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Show off!!
Yeah... look... Let's just say the Suns aren't the only thing that promised me a bright future only to rip my heart out ;)

would love to see a stand named after a legend like swallow or touk. sad thing is the general seating is one continuous stand for ground & upper levels (except for the fancy corpo buggers). dunno how we'd do it but it would be cool, since we technically control/operate the stadium and all.
I think you're right - I don't think standalone stands are so much a thing anymore, Most stadiums go all the way around "Cake Tin" style. Maybe the David Swallow/Touk Miller/Rory Thompson Bay? Rename the member's bays after Legendary Suns?

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Yeah... look... Let's just say the Suns aren't the only thing that promised me a bright future only to rip my heart out ;)

I think you're right - I don't think standalone stands are so much a thing anymore, Most stadiums go all the way around "Cake Tin" style. Maybe the David Swallow/Touk Miller/Rory Thompson Bay? Rename the member's bays after Legendary Suns?
Adelaide Oval, Optus Stadium and the MCG have stands named eventhough they have a round style.

We could name the areas

Scoreboard
Corporate area
Goals with the stand
then split up the wing in two or three 'stands'

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
When does it say it will be available at Metricon? Paywall.
Brooklyn Depot will now be served at Gold Coast’s Metricon Stadium after securing a spot at the venue for 2022.
The move adds to Brooklyn Depot’s already popular three Brisbane restaurants at Stones Corner, Fortitude Valley and its flagship South Bank location.
As far of experience unfortunately due to logistic and time we will be offering a very limited menu for the first few games, you never know maybe next year will be serving ribs,” he said.
“Currently for the first few games will be offering smashed angus grass fed beef patties cheeseburgers, a buttermilk chicken burger, veggio burger and of course a few hotdogs, which includes one our signatures in the loaded Coney Island.”
https://www.couriermail.com.au/ques...ws-story/40fe70ffbd0d583b841110e834b2ceda?amp

Was watching some old film from 2013 and my goodness Metricon was rocking! I think we can all agree that we'd love to see Metricon full of SUNS fans once again like the below images but it's something easier said than done. What does the club need to do to fill OUR stadium with OUR fans once again? I understand our win loss ratio and years of lackluster performances has led to this but what can be done to fix it?
Metricon 1.PNG

Metricon 2.PNG

Metricon 3.PNG

Metricon 4.PNG

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Was watching some old film from 2013 and my goodness Metricon was rocking! I think we can all agree that we'd love to see Metricon full of SUNS fans once again like the below images but it's something easier said than done. What does the club need to do to fill OUR stadium with OUR fans once again? I understand our win loss ratio and years of lackluster performances has led to this but what can be done to fix it?
View attachment 1366927
View attachment 1366928
View attachment 1366929
View attachment 1366932
SunScreamers need to be not a country club.

Team needs a sustained period of success

Gameday experience needs to be tailored towards crowd interaction rather than canned music bs.

Enough of the "Second Team" crap from our "members" - I'd rather have 5k diehard supporters than 15k that only show up when it suits them.

Youthful energy - The Victorian crew showed last year how our supporters sound when they're not shackled and are allowed to run wild. Need to strap a rocket to that concept

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Open up more areas under GA.
The last home game GA tickets sold out, the stand’s above were too expensive. If some of those were considered the cheaper GA area. More would rock up.

Then success on the field will lead to success off the field. Crowds, sponsorships, member growth etc

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
SunScreamers need to be not a country club.

Team needs a sustained period of success

Gameday experience needs to be tailored towards crowd interaction rather than canned music bs.

Enough of the "Second Team" crap from our "members" - I'd rather have 5k diehard supporters than 15k that only show up when it suits them.

Youthful energy - The Victorian crew showed last year how our supporters sound when they're not shackled and are allowed to run wild. Need to strap a rocket to that concept

Sitting here at home and watching on the tele, the bl**dy music is very annoying every time a goal is kicked.......I'd much prefer to see and hear the crowd's reaction.....

And I've read stories of Club Members going into the Members bar wearing the Club colours of the opposition and taking their oppo mates in with them......Not on, imo.........if that is true, then only members wearing Suns colours should be allowed entry, with or without their oppo mates.

Back