Multiplat Metro Exodus

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked the atmosphere and linear level design of the other games more, so far this feels more like a much prettier Fallout 4.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I've read a few reviews state the open world parts are very generic. Shame..great story is what drove the first two Metro games

I've read a few reviews state the open world parts are very generic. Shame..great story is what drove the first two Metro games

I think reviewers crisitism are mainly that it's diverted so much from what the first two were about and that they've instead made a good FPS but it's generic to the genre.

Interested to see user reviews.

One of my favourite things about the first two games was the very linear nature of the setting. Shane they have deviated a bit from that

I always anticipate these HU optimisation videos but didn’t really notice that this game has very few options which is a shame. Tessellation is absolutely brutal and savaging my fps and I can feel the heat coming out of my rear exhaust when I turn it on. Looks so good though. With hairworks and tessellation, ultra preset and at 1440p my fps is all over the shop. Averaging around 80 but getting 120+ in doors and lowest I’ve dropped to outdoors is 62. But stuff me this is a gorgeous game. This has to be the ‘but can it run Crysis’ of today. All Gameworks settings enabled on extreme setting at even 1080 or 1440 surely would take nothing less than a 2080ti. Good luck at 4K, without being able to tweak little settings for best optimisation this game would destroy just about any system.

I’m getting really sucked in that I’m not even comparing the series anymore. This on its own is one of the best FPS games I can remember playing. In a way I’m finding the open world more suffocating than I found the linear tunnels claustrophobic. At least in the tunnels I knew my flanks and rear were secure. Now I’m on edge 24/7 at all 360 degrees. I’m captivated by all of the dialogue too, I just stand there listening to everyone.

I’m getting really sucked in that I’m not even comparing the series anymore. This on its own is one of the best FPS games I can remember playing. In a way I’m finding the open world more suffocating than I found the linear tunnels claustrophobic. At least in the tunnels I knew my flanks and rear were secure. Now I’m on edge 24/7 at all 360 degrees. I’m captivated by all of the dialogue too, I just stand there listening to everyone.

Good to see! I haven't grabbed this yet despite recently finishing and loving Last Light. Currently playing through AC Odyssey, and then will go for this so i can move from swords to guns. Love a game that keeps you on edge!

For some reason I couldn't really get into the first two, I'll have to give them another shot before I look at getting this.

Haven't got it yet.. (went a month in between jobs) so been catching up on Bill's... hoping to get it this week. Inless another evil letter in the mail arrives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I've been playing this for a couple of days and have to admit I'm struggling a bit. The controls and clunkiness is kinda ruining the experience for me. It's just..off? Like how they implemented the running/sprint feature causes a slight lag. Maybe I still need to get used to it but thought I'd be enjoying it more by now

Last edited:
So I've been playing this for a couple of days and have to admit I'm struggling a bit. The controls and clunkiness is kinda ruining the experience for me. It's just..off? Like how they implemented the running/sprint feature causes a slight lag. Maybe I still need to get used to it but thought I'd be enjoying it more by now

Metro games have always felt super sluggish to move. It's by design is my assumption. Your dude is a Spartan and is covered in armour and I guess it adds to the tension.

Metro games have always felt super sluggish to move. It's by design is my assumption. Your dude is a Spartan and is covered in armour and I guess it adds to the tension.

Admittedly this is my first Metro game. I suppose I am just use to more fluent movement from playing lots of Far Cry but there does seem to feel like an input lag on the sprinting. I'll still be trying to complete it because OCD so maybe it will grow on me.

Admittedly this is my first Metro game. I suppose I am just use to more fluent movement from playing lots of Far Cry but there does seem to feel like an input lag on the sprinting. I'll still be trying to complete it because OCD so maybe it will grow on me.

Hopefully it does. The first two Metro games are set underground so every game design decision was weighted towards adding to the sense of hopelessness and claustrophobia. That's been the biggest criticism of Exodus that I have read that not all of the game designs fit an open world style game. No issues for me though because this is one of my favourite series and I'm massively biased.

Hopefully it does. The first two Metro games are set underground so every game design decision was weighted towards adding to the sense of hopelessness and claustrophobia. That's been the biggest criticism of Exodus that I have read that not all of the game designs fit an open world style game. No issues for me though because this is one of my favourite series and I'm massively biased.

It's grown on me now and am enjoying it. :thumbsu: I think I'm going to get a sad outcome though since I did not use stealth on a certain mission ha.

I punched a couple of old people in the head at the church and the music wasn't kind to me, wasn't aware that my actions had consequences.
Game is clunky, and slow. I don't mind that when it's action time but it's ******* annoying when you're just rowing a boat.

Ok so I got back to this after being busy finishing up AC Odyssey (and also discovering NESBOX, god it feels weird but awesome playing NES games again after 25 years, I can finally beat them all) and I think this game's good karma is based on an accumulation of points rather than one or two specific choices. For example in Volga I killed everyone at the church, and by the end of the chapter
Duke still survived. I suppose because I was stealthy and did not kill anyone at the trader boat and bridge and I freed all the captives in the wasteland
. It's good that it gives you a few chances like that.

Ok so I got back to this after being busy finishing up AC Odyssey (and also discovering NESBOX, god it feels weird but awesome playing NES games again after 25 years, I can finally beat them all) and I think this game's good karma is based on an accumulation of points rather than one or two specific choices. For example in Volga I killed everyone at the church, and by the end of the chapter
Duke still survived. I suppose because I was stealthy and did not kill anyone at the trader boat and bridge and I freed all the captives in the wasteland
. It's good that it gives you a few chances like that.

I killed people at the church too until they surrendered. I can't remember what I looked up but I read something about chapter endings and despite spoilers looked into it. Duke survived for me too, I think the most important part is the bridge. The screen also changes when you do something that affects the story. In the Caspian chapter I started killing these dudes in a mission and the screen flashed so I knew I affected something. I looked it up as and for good ending to the chapter I had to let take them out non-lethally. I reloaded a save, used non-lethal takedowns and the screen flashed a different colour.

I killed people at the church too until they surrendered. I can't remember what I looked up but I read something about chapter endings and despite spoilers looked into it. Duke survived for me too, I think the most important part is the bridge. The screen also changes when you do something that affects the story. In the Caspian chapter I started killing these dudes in a mission and the screen flashed so I knew I affected something. I looked it up as and for good ending to the chapter I had to let take them out non-lethally. I reloaded a save, used non-lethal takedowns and the screen flashed a different colour.

Pretty cool. Basically it kinda has like a karma meter like rdr2.