Multiplat Metro Exodus

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished this yesterday and that last chapter was great, really had that bleak/grim/shithole feel of a wasteland that fallout never did. Got the good ending.

Might give the free Last Light inclusion a go now

Be careful, apparently it can be triggered when players stray too far from him after the bats scare him outside the top entrance

Finally got around to continuing this, stuck to him like glue at this section and thankfully no bug. i am up to the Dead City part now so on home stretch

Experienced a massive frame rate drop, playing on xbox
fighting the mutant bear at the end of the Taiga stage, literally couldnt move but thankfully the game continued on, was getting worried it was going to freeze up

Started playing this today. Not bad so far. It’s a little... slow? Idk, I’m someone who takes my time exploring everything in games, but I hate the feeling when I want to move my character around and I have to wait for NPCs to stop talking. I’d rather move and listen at the same time, like in Skyrim.

Started playing this today. Not bad so far. It’s a little... slow? Idk, I’m someone who takes my time exploring everything in games, but I hate the feeling when I want to move my character around and I have to wait for NPCs to stop talking. I’d rather move and listen at the same time, like in Skyrim.

Main reason I haven't yet gone back. Just so slow and clunky. I get why it is but it just was so slow going early that it felt like a chore.

It's a slow build but you're more free after the early stuff is out of the way. It's still a methodical game though and not really designed to be a pew pew everything sort of shooter.

It's a slow build but you're more free after the early stuff is out of the way. It's still a methodical game though and not really designed to be a pew pew everything sort of shooter.

I think I'm just past the first train stop so should probably get back to it.

Finished it. Liked it. Really liked the musical score. The emotion and vibe of the game made a little impact, which I really appreciate. Would give this an 8/10 for me personally but for others I’d give it a 6-8 suggested score range.

This looks like a new game. Can't wait to see what the next gen patch for consoles bring as imo this went a little under the radar at launch. Both Exodus and Last Light released on consoles far too late into the cycles to really make the most of it.

3080 running at 3440x1440, holding about 70-100fps with the following settings

Quality: extreme
Ray tracing: ultra
DLSS: quality (still flipping between that an balanced to see what I prefer. Balanced is about an extra 5-10 fps)
Reflections: raytraced
Hairworks: on
Advanced physx: on
Tessellation: on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I started a new playthrough so saving a few shots as I go. Fully ray traced lighting just bounces around and reflects off surfaces so much more naturally. The small details on PBR textures just pop out so much more. It's been a while since I've taken screenshots in Steam so I forgot to enable uncompressed shots on this new PC, so these are only some poor jpegs for now. Next time they should be better.

20210508114843_1.jpg 20210508114850_1.jpg 20210509221719_1.jpg 20210509222140_1.jpg 20210509222940_1.jpg 20210509223807_1.jpg

Apparently the enhanced update has rolled out a day early on Series X.

The Gold Edition which includes both expansions is only $27.37 with PS Plus on PS5 at the moment. I haven't logged on to my Series X yet to see if it's on sale there yet. If it is I think I'll get it on both platforms just to compare. And it's just a really awesome game regardless.