Training Preseason Chat - It's happening again ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Also what exactly does Petracca “moving like a cat” really mean? He’s stalking prey on all fours while wiggling his arse? He’s cleaning himself with his tongue? He’s falling asleep in random sun spots?
It means he's randomly snacking on small native animals he caught himself. But they determined that it's mostly protein and have worked it into his nutritional plan and they think it might work for him - beats all the pizza and pasta he was eating last season anyway.

Pre season "talk" is the best.

As Kevin Bartlett says, who doesn't come fitter and stronger than last season, everyone trains the house down.

As for Omac's skills, he is a nice kick of the footy and a decent decision maker. The bigger issue is his intensity at the contest and the fact he gets the ball 8 times a game on a good day.

Steve May looking not bad.

edit. So today I pinched this report. Lots of ball movement by hand and foot. Lever turned up today, just to knock a bit of rust off. May, Jetta Nietschke all in rehab but it is just precautionary with the soft tissue issues they have had. Steve May finished off the session with repeat 50 metre sprints flat out.

Last edited:

Well he's certainly not fat.

Of course, he wasn't actually fat last year either, just bigger than ideal. He's apparently in the rehab group at the moment with Nev and Freddy Nietschke, but it looks like he's moving pretty well, particularly considering he's not due back until next week.

Well he's certainly not fat.

Of course, he wasn't actually fat last year either, just bigger than ideal. He's apparently in the rehab group at the moment with Nev and Freddy Nietschke, but it looks like he's moving pretty well, particularly considering he's not due back until next week.
Yeah, I just finished the stolen report when you commented. That running in the video is at the end of the session. Feeling good about him this year.

edit. So today I pinched this report. Lots of ball movement by hand and foot. Lever turned up today, just to knock a bit of rust off. May, Jetta Nietschke all in rehab but it is just precautionary with the soft tissue issues they have had. Steve May finished off the session with repeat 50 metre sprints flat out.

May is planning to flatten a few houses.

Our fitness was shite last season, and now it looks good. Sure every club improves etc and maybe we won’t actually move up the ladder at all but you’d think at the very least we’re going to play better football. Can’t ask for much more at this stage than looking in better shape than R1 2019. Not like you can win the flag in preseason but you can definitely lose it and we lost it early last year.

Said I'd be disappointed if he didn't turn up early so thats a start. He can seriously play, just needs to get ultra fit to reduce risk of injury.
yep. Good to see he is giving himself every chance to have a big year

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predicting a big year for the Weid,breakout season.

Attachments

• Weid.PNG
    Weid.PNG
    787.8 KB · Views: 266
Predicting a big year for the Weid,breakout season.
tbf it is almost a make or break season for Weid

5th season he would want to kick 30+ goals and find some consistency

These pre-season puff pieces are like indulging in a huge bowl of marshmallows for 3 months.

You know its all going to end in tears come round 1, but its enjoyable at the time
We’re all just one spent third quarter Petracca away from turning on each other.

tbf it is almost a make or break season for Weid

5th season he would want to kick 30+ goals and find some consistency
Yep, we've been patient. Jungle drums will start to beat this season if he doesn't truly start to improve and have an impact on the scorebaord. He has 2 seasons to prove he can be a 40+ goal kicker or he'll end up another failed first round pick for the Dees.

Good to hear the players commenting that the running and workouts are new and refreshing from previous years.

I’m really surprised that interval training is a new concept for them (well not entirely new, but much more of it).

Yep, we've been patient. Jungle drums will start to beat this season if he doesn't truly start to improve and have an impact on the scorebaord. He has 2 seasons to prove he can be a 40+ goal kicker or he'll end up another failed first round pick for the Dees.
If (and big if) he has a season without injury, then I think we will see it. He's still young, but injury and surgery every year hold him back from getting a run at it. The talent is clearly there, but think you're bang on the money that the calls will be coming about him of its another interrupted season.

The only calls about him now are from supporters who want to compare him to curnow or hipwood, but I think most measured supporters would acknowledge he has a lot of good traits, unfortunately "being injured" is one.

If (and big if) he has a season without injury, then I think we will see it. He's still young, but injury and surgery every year hold him back from getting a run at it. The talent is clearly there, but think you're bang on the money that the calls will be coming about him of its another interrupted season.

The only calls about him now are from supporters who want to compare him to curnow or hipwood, but I think most measured supporters would acknowledge he has a lot of good traits, unfortunately "being injured" is one.
Don't know if I'd call "being injured" a good trait?? :think::p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back