Training Preseason Chat - It's happening again ...

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
It’s back! The most important part of the year! Also the most upbeat and optimistic time of the year where we are equal top of the ladder and haven’t just limped past Gold Coast or been shown up (twice) by the frigging Saints.

For anyone who can get there, our epic preseason starts tomorrow. Details are here:

https://m.melbournefc.com.au/Team/training-times

I have to fly to Brisbane for four days to try and teach people my job so I can pretty much put my feet up and lurk other boards through the day.

If anyone can make it to Gosches tomorrow, make certain to come here and post implausible stuff about how thin and ripped Petracca is, the vast size of Jayden Hunt’s thighs, Spargo’s late growth spurt etc. Flattering comments about the Wagners plus a ranking of hairstyles also very welcome.

Since it seems hard to picture everyone suddenly acquiring razor sharp skills, I’m hoping this fitness guy can get us some kind of athletic edge over the whole competition. And also that a wizard with particularly magical powers can release the all Australian that lives inside OMac.

day 0

1572764485605.png

Can someone please complete a dilapidation survey of the surrounding houses prior to the training session?

I want positive confirmation that any destruction is actually training-related, and not Melbourne FC media dept 'Fake News'.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
There is a Burgess interview on Melbourne's social media channel. Not a huge amount of insight, but he speaks about the holiday programs being different for players compared to the Misson era. A lot of running prescribed even on overseas trips. Wants the footys out Day 1 of pre season. I guess this is the same as all other clubs but it's still nice to hear a fresh voice and not that monotonous voice of Misson.

There is a Burgess interview on Melbourne's social media channel. Not a huge amount of insight, but he speaks about the holiday programs being different for players compared to the Misson era. A lot of running prescribed even on overseas trips. Wants the footys out Day 1 of pre season. I guess this is the same as all other clubs but it's still nice to hear a fresh voice and not that monotonous voice of Misson.
If Trac isn't so thin tomorrow that I can see his ribcage Burgess should be sacked.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
To be fair he was training with Salem at the Nike institute

Is that a roundabout way of saying they were stealing shoes?

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
A few things I noticed about todays training reported on another site for those interested.
All the young players turned up, nobody looked underdone,
Pruess has dropped a few kilos, looking okay. Took up Max's diet evidently.
Oliver looking great, cruised through the session.
Maxy and T Mac both attended.
T Mac looked pretty sharp and at the end of the session spent the last 10 minutes running full pace down the middle of the oval end to end.
Maxy finished off with two fast laps of the oval.
First 3/4 of the session was ball movement.
Joel Smith still in rehab.
As I said this was borrowed from another site, and they are thanked for the input.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
A few things I noticed about todays training reported on another site for those interested.
All the young players turned up, nobody looked underdone,
Pruess has dropped a few kilos, looking okay. Took up Max's diet evidently.
Oliver looking great, cruised through the session.
Maxy and T Mac both attended.
T Mac looked pretty sharp and at the end of the session spent the last 10 minutes running full pace down the middle of the oval end to end.
Maxy finished off with two fast laps of the oval.
First 3/4 of the session was ball movement.
Joel Smith still in rehab.
As I said this was borrowed from another site, and they are thanked for the input.

Brilliant, too much emphasis on useless running these days. Playing the game well is still the most important thing.

Brilliant, too much emphasis on useless running these days. Playing the game well is still the most important thing.

Agree. I used to love doing full ground ball movement drills. Probably run a couple of kms per drill anyway but you don't notice it as much at the time because you're concentrating on the drill and not how much it sucks that you have to run.

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agree. I used to love doing full ground ball movement drills. Probably run a couple of kms per drill anyway but you don't notice it as much at the time because you're concentrating on the drill and not how much it sucks that you have to run.
When we used to do that the coach had designated 4/5 players to put pressure on when you got the ball, too slow and you got dumped. Sometimes you just got dumped anyway. Two premierships back to back.

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pruess and Hore at training today. Taken off the club board. Click on picture for full screen.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 197
Back