Training Preseason Chat - It's happening again ...

Remove this Banner Ad

As per his insta Nathan Jones up on the Sunshine Coast doing an elite mindset course. The video showing him holding his breath under water for a minute in an ice bath.

Sounds like he's going on his own camp.

He is, socks and sandals isn't Dunkley, no idea who he is, but Dunkley was back at training this week. He was on the Stakes Day coverage yesterday, and had apparently just come from a training session.
This photo was posted 2 weeks ago, he posted a photo last week saying it's been a pleasure US, indicating that he was returning home. It's definitely him.

This photo was posted 2 weeks ago, he posted a photo last week saying it's been a pleasure US, indicating that he was returning home. It's definitely him.
So it is ... didn't think it looked much like him, but apparently I haven't studied his face that much ... which is probably for the best ...

Bit of a wrap of various training reports from over at Demonland ...

- Joel Smith was involved in a few of the main drills - lawsuit avoided.
- Hibberd another on the list of players who're looking much fitter, likewise Sparrow
- Weid, Hannan and Baker in the rehab group
- Nietschke upping his running after last seasons ACL
- Petracca and Salem back at it, Trac looking red hot in a few drills ... "moving like a cat" according to some
- TMac still on a modified program
- Chandler, Trac and OMac stood out from a skills perspective
- Preuss did some extra forward craft and goal kicking work, Viney and Harmes also did a bit of goal kicking
- Salem, Hore and Jordon some post session tackling work

Am curious to know as to whether he appeared to be in a 100 goal year pre-season form or 200 goal year.

Why put a limit on it? No reason he can't hit 500+

Because I was trying to be realistic and it doesn't help anyone setting unreasonable expectations of the bloke.

Bit of a wrap of various training reports from over at Demonland ...

- Joel Smith was involved in a few of the main drills - lawsuit avoided.
- Hibberd another on the list of players who're looking much fitter, likewise Sparrow
- Weid, Hannan and Baker in the rehab group
- Nietschke upping his running after last seasons ACL
- Petracca and Salem back at it, Trac looking red hot in a few drills ... "moving like a cat" according to some
- TMac still on a modified program
- Preuss did some extra forward craft and goal kicking work, Viney and Harmes also did a bit of goal kicking
- Salem, Hore and Jordon some post session tackling work
Oh yeah. I just remembered. I haven’t been to spy on training yet. Selfish work sent me to Qld to do things, when actually I should have been standing around Gosch’s Paddock like a sad sack. But I did send another sad sack in my stead and the garbled summary that came back from day one was “actually it was a bit boring, but Spargo and Fritsch were probably the standouts”.

You’ll have to make of that what you will. I couldn’t coax more detail from my proxy. Even though I sent him with specific instructions to report back in full about Wagners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If OMac is standing out in skills drills the relative skill level of the session must be at Spencer missing his foot levels.
For all his negatives, and there are a lot, when there is no pressure to speak of, and minimal decision making to be made, OMac is actually a pretty good kick.

If OMac is standing out in skills drills the relative skill level of the session must be at Spencer missing his foot levels.
He could be standing out for the wrong reasons? Like he turned up sporting a bow-tie for example.

Also what exactly does Petracca “moving like a cat” really mean? He’s stalking prey on all fours while wiggling his arse? He’s cleaning himself with his tongue? He’s falling asleep in random sun spots?

Also what exactly does Petracca “moving like a cat” really mean? He’s stalking prey on all fours while wiggling his arse? He’s cleaning himself with his tongue? He’s falling asleep in random sun spots?

I think it means the panther strut is back

I think it means the panther strut is back
Maybe - more inclined to go with Imet Hassa’s theory though. Some lazy trainer left a cardboard box out in the training facility and now they can’t get Trac out of it.

if he played in snow he wouldn't leave any footprints

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Maybe - more inclined to go with Imet Hassa’s theory though. Some lazy trainer left a cardboard box out in the training facility and now they can’t get Trac out of it.
Apparently the homeless guy who normally sleeps in the box was pretty filthy with Trac.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back