Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hogan for Fyfe? I only have two questions...

1TX2aDg.gif

personally im against any trade talk regarding Hogan being shipped out for Fyfe. We already have midfielders, guys we rate highly.
Forwards kick goals, Hogan is out priority. At this stage i view Nat Fyfe as a Liability with his leg. Keep Hogan, end of story. MFC please dont let him go

personally im against any trade talk regarding Hogan being shipped out for Fyfe. We already have midfielders, guys we rate highly.
Forwards kick goals, Hogan is out priority. At this stage i view Nat Fyfe as a Liability with his leg. Keep Hogan, end of story. MFC please dont let him go

He's only being traded if he wants to leave and in that case getting the reigning brownlow medalist isn't a bad deal

My feelings towards Hogan are 'fit in or * off' but Jesus H Christ imagine our forward line if he left? Until Weideman gets older it would be back to 2013/14 levels of toil and struggle. We'll probably somehow end up paying Goldenballs Boyd a mil instead.

If Hogan goes we'll have to play a forward line style like the bulldogs early years. Stick Pedo bear in there to crash the packs but otherwise set up behind the ball and have midfielders running into the 50 into space on the rebound. Not a great way to kick a winning score, but it can be done by a fast side with tough midfielders who can get it out of the contest.

For us Hogan is more important than Fyfe, we have plenty of inside, (of course Fyfe is better than them all) and if Hogan leaves we are stuffed up forward. 100% keeping Hogan should priority over getting Fyfe. If Hogan decides to leave which is out of our hands then we can go after the best deal for our club which should start with targeting the best player in the comp.

Is everyone forgetting how dominate Fyfe was last year?
I love Hogan but if they offered Fyfe for him you would take it and run. Surely Freo aren't that dumb

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

If Fyfe is a liability, what about these guys?

Salem - recurring thyroid issues that will never truly go away
Gawn - Already has had two knee recos
Petracca - Did a knee in his first preseason
Hunt/Hogan - History of serious back issues

Breaking the same leg twice and having a bulging disc in your back is much more serious than that lot. Particularly the disc.

Fyfe broke his leg in the same leg just above the steel plate,very unlucky incident getting slung into some concrete covered with fake grass IMO.Fyfe has since had the plate removed now,so there are no leverage areas in his fibula(stabilising bone) like before.

If it was Hartlett or Prestia, I'd be in the boat of "nah we already have good inside mids". But Fyfe is a superstar. He was still have his 30+ disposal, 3-4 goal games this year before he got injured. He put his leg on ice to rest up for next year. He would have a Dangerfield like impact if he came

If it was Hartlett or Prestia, I'd be in the boat of "nah we already have good inside mids". But Fyfe is a superstar. He was still have his 30+ disposal, 3-4 goal games this year before he got injured. He put his leg on ice to rest up for next year. He would have a Dangerfield like impact if he came
He's better than Dangerfield because he can actually kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahem

Other than Caro making things up, is there any plausible reason why Fyfe might decide he wants to play for Melbourne over 17 other teams?
Wants to play with Hogan

Ahem

Other than Caro making things up, is there any plausible reason why Fyfe might decide he wants to play for Melbourne over 17 other teams?
Young list, well balanced, poised for finals, play at the G, young Sandi in the ruck.

Ahem

I did give him a free beer at a former place of work last year while insisting he move to Jesse rather than Jesse move to him...

I totally feel for you guys. We went through this for years with Pav. You always back them to stay, but the lure of home is usually there for most. Buddy is the one who bucked the trend, but he is high profile and leads that lifestyle. Guys like Simon Black/ Daniel Rich types slot pretty easily into the QLD lifestyle. Most WA kids are pretty relaxed and enjoy the lifestyle here.

I love a one club player, but sweet Jesus I would love him at our club. We should have been more aggressive with the mini draft. 3 WA kids were taken.

I thought you guys might try chase Patton. GWS want our pick 3.

GWS
out - Patton, Pick 7
in Pick 3 ( worth two top 7 picks to them, as the first 2 picks won't be bids as the talent is too high to pass on.) and pick 26

MEL
out - Hogan, pick 26
In - Patton, pick 7

FRE
out - pick 3 (worth two top 7 to GWS)
In - Hogan

I totally feel for you guys. We went through this for years with Pav. You always back them to stay, but the lure of home is usually there for most. Buddy is the one who bucked the trend, but he is high profile and leads that lifestyle. Guys like Simon Black/ Daniel Rich types slot pretty easily into the QLD lifestyle. Most WA kids are pretty relaxed and enjoy the lifestyle here.

I love a one club player, but sweet Jesus I would love him at our club. We should have been more aggressive with the mini draft. 3 WA kids were taken.

GWS
out - Patton, Pick 7
in Pick 3 ( worth two top 7 picks to them, as the first 2 picks won't be bids as the talent is too high to pass on.) and pick 26

MEL
out - Hogan, pick 26
In - Patton, pick 7

FRE
In - Hogan

GWS aren't going to give up Patton and 7 just for 3.

GWS
out - Patton, Pick 7

MEL
out - Hogan, pick 26
In - Patton, pick 7

FRE
In - Hogan
Wouldn't have ever guessed you go for Freo

GWS
out - Patton, Pick 7

MEL
out - Hogan, pick 26
In - Patton, pick 7

FRE
In - Hogan

Pick 3 for hogan is crazy even with the GWS mess.

To have any chance of getting him we would have to give Melbourne pick 3 plus next years first rounder. Probably some steak knives as well.

Pick 3 for hogan is crazy even with the GWS mess.

To have any chance of getting him WE would have to give Melbourne pick 3 plus next years first rounder. Probably some steak knives as well.

Yeh sure you are a Freo supporter...... That's overpaying big time!

I think 3 + a Suban / Deboer type would be fairer for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back