Roast "GAMDEDAY!" MFC Media Dept: a beacon of literacy and engaging content

Remove this Banner Ad

tomcruise

the cruisemeister
Feb 23, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Comms from the club suck again now Gibby's gone.

Bunch of angry supporters at Gosch's today after the demons moved an advertised open training session to Casey without tell anyone.

Getting very little content as well.

Bloody #demonspirit, man. Kill me.

Fine if the girls want to use it for women's football, have at it, its such a WNBA type of slogan, take something evil and soften it up. Just keep it well away from the men's ffs. Worse than anything Schwab came up with. Give me the ******* stars and the collars on the jumper again over #demonspirit

Fine if the girls want to use it for women's football, have at it, its such a WNBA type of slogan, take something evil and soften it up. Just keep it well away from the men's ffs. Worse than anything Schwab came up with. Give me the ******* stars and the collars on the jumper again over #demonspirit

The girls were taking the piss out of it last AFLW season. Bigger balls than our mens team :$

Comms from the club suck again now Gibby's gone.

Bunch of angry supporters at Gosch's today after the demons moved an advertised open training session to Casey without tell anyone.

Getting very little content as well.

Totally agree mate. Not sure how ******* hard it is to send a simple tweet at least saying they're moving training.

Decent crowd rocked up at Gosch this morning to attend training including little kids and old folks.

It was advertised at Gosch. Someone at the ground rang admin and asked what what the hell was going on only to be told that even the admin team did not even know that they had changed venues last minute.

Lots of angry supporters and disappointed kids there today.

Media department failed miserable here. Can't be posting rubbish media content such as mini golf or Gawn/Grundy bromance if you simply can't get the basics right by advising people of a simple venue change.

Last edited:
I would like to offer my services as MFC media person.
For my resume I humbly present this meme I made two seconds ago... fresh!

79jh0r.jpg

Really? Change in schedule caught you out of thinking on the way to Casey "Hey, maybe we should say something on Twitter".

Between this and the weird experience I had with the Demon Shop for the past month, this doesn't really fill me up with much hope for when the 2023 season actually starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Change in schedule caught you out of thinking on the way to Casey "Hey, maybe we should say something on Twitter".

Between this and the weird experience I had with the Demon Shop for the past month, this doesn't really fill me up with much hope for when the 2023 season actually starts.

please tell us what happened on demon shop

Worse than Schwab's desk?

Where's that emo stats guy? Surely he could do some media? Even if it's to ask the players which band they prefer My Chemical Romance or Fall Out Boy!

please tell us what happened on demon shop
Okay so, December 1st, I ordered stuff to celebrate the Women's premiership. They only had the 1 shirt design and a flag pennant so I get both. The order gets processed and I forget all about it what with the Socceroos doing well in the World Cup on, even order other stuff online but that's unrelated.

December 23rd, 9am, get an email saying that it's been shipped. Meaning it took them 22 days to get around to this order but maybe with the Xmas rush, they accidentally skipped over it, who knows but it's been shipped. 10 hours later, 7pm, another email comes in, the order has been changed to "partially shipped" and that the flag hasn't been sent yet. Weird that they said it had been fully sent before realising this. I do get the package with the shirt in it on the 28th, so I've gotten something.

So I check the store, says the flag won't be restocked so now I've paid for a flag I won't get, plus it's after hours and they won't be back until Jan 16. So I gotta wait for the day they come back to get some kind explanation of why this happened and maybe a partial refund. I call them on the 16th, nothing, the 23rd, nothing, the 27th twice, they all go to voicemail telling me they won't be open over the T20 World Cup or Melb Cup Day. I even the main phoneline, they answer and say that they are open, redirect me there, more voicemail.

Now, okay, I hadn't opened the package yet cause, y'know, they said they hadn't sent it, so why would it be in the package? I open it, and it's there, they did send it. After all that, they actually had sent it like the first email said, but that doesn't explain why they would send another email the same day saying they didn't. WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME IT HASN'T BEEN SENT WHEN IT WAS? Yes, I did get the stuff I paid for and everything ends up roses, I just want to know why the second email?

Okay so, December 1st, I ordered stuff to celebrate the Women's premiership. They only had the 1 shirt design and a flag pennant so I get both. The order gets processed and I forget all about it what with the Socceroos doing well in the World Cup on, even order other stuff online but that's unrelated.

December 23rd, 9am, get an email saying that it's been shipped. Meaning it took them 22 days to get around to this order but maybe with the Xmas rush, they accidentally skipped over it, who knows but it's been shipped. 10 hours later, 7pm, another email comes in, the order has been changed to "partially shipped" and that the flag hasn't been sent yet. Weird that they said it had been fully sent before realising this. I do get the package with the shirt in it on the 28th, so I've gotten something.

So I check the store, says the flag won't be restocked so now I've paid for a flag I won't get, plus it's after hours and they won't be back until Jan 16. So I gotta wait for the day they come back to get some kind explanation of why this happened and maybe a partial refund. I call them on the 16th, nothing, the 23rd, nothing, the 27th twice, they all go to voicemail telling me they won't be open over the T20 World Cup or Melb Cup Day. I even the main phoneline, they answer and say that they are open, redirect me there, more voicemail.

Now, okay, I hadn't opened the package yet cause, y'know, they said they hadn't sent it, so why would it be in the package? I open it, and it's there, they did send it. After all that, they actually had sent it like the first email said, but that doesn't explain why they would send another email the same day saying they didn't. WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME IT HASN'T BEEN SENT WHEN IT WAS? Yes, I did get the stuff I paid for and everything ends up roses, I just want to know why the second email?

Thats weird mate. I placed an order in December also and my experience was great. Was at my house in 2 days and I didnt even pay for express while living over 100kms away.

Should have just opened the package when it arrived like normal people do. Why wait over a month? That's odd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back