News MFC Rebrand??

Remove this Banner Ad

You just stuck horns on the Ming the Merciless and passed it off as your own work. Having Ming on our badge would be sweet.

14d.jpg
Oh geez ... I did too! ... Eh, I'm alright with it

I said something yesterday about wanting to see a Secondary Logo with an actual Demon on it ... So I decided to put my money where my mouth is and make one. I used the 70's royal blue demon as inspiration for it and went from there ... and now I should probably get back to the work I've put off for the last 24hrs or so ...

7VxRDIE.png

Amazing job, I would love to see the club still adopt something similar to this for things like merchandise etc, the Demon is and has been for a long time a big part of our club.

Also you are a seriously talented individual!

Back in the old days there would be two logos: an official club one and a mascot one. This could provide the same thing.

IMHO thats an awesome idea. Two lines of merchandise trying to target two separate markets. One logo aimed at a local market, one logo aimed at an international market.

In the new logo I like the heavy emphasis on "Melbourne" could have a huge attraction to overseas visitors. If they choose to buy our merchandise could be an awesome opportunity to get our brand, our merchandise promoted world wide.

Hell you never know your luck - they might even take interest in us as a club & join as a "supporter".

That Collingwood bloke was spot on about the Melbourne thing being a rip off of the New York Yankees thing

People will buy the hats because they say 'Melbourne' and look trendy.. I think its genius

Yeah it is hey. The big distinct "MELBOURNE" and nothing else is not an accident. People will buy the merch just to show they've visited the city, and it doesn't matter if they know nothing about the club, and that's where the brand recognition comes in. How many people getting around in Yankees and Red Sox hats are baseball fans do you think?

Yeah it is hey. The big distinct "MELBOURNE" and nothing else is not an accident. People will buy the merch just to show they've visited the city, and it doesn't matter if they know nothing about the club, and that's where the brand recognition comes in. How many people getting around in Yankees and Red Sox hats are baseball fans do you think?

How many aussies do you see rocking the NYY, tonnes
Hoping we can do the same with the Melbourne hat

As if on cue ... This video pops up in my news feed from the UFC.

Forrest Griffin plugging UFC193 tomorrow at Etihad ... Already working, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was released this week with an international event coming up on purpose.

Now all we need is Rhonda Rousey to wear one after she disposes of Holm in under 30seconds ...
TvuhXVI.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't been around long but i know a lot of history of the game, i can't recall a club going to great lengths as ours to promote our new logo

Thats ******* brilliant
This could be the best marketing campaign we have ever done, seriously if they can get one on Ronda Rousey saying Melbourne the brand will get millions of eyeballs seeing it

I honestly hope so for your sake because I love the logo/idea and want to see the Dees succeed, but she posed for North only a couple of months ago.

489217062-fighter-ronda-rousey-poses-with-nick-dal-gettyimages.jpg

7 probably being the amount of wins North will have next year

I honestly hope so for your sake because I love the logo/idea and want to see the Dees succeed, but she posed for North only a couple of months ago.

7 seconds total for her to submit all 4 of them? Pretty sure NDS would start crying before she got near him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also a reflection of their bank balance and total supporter base.

Already proving to be a genius move by the club. I'll be getting some new merchandise in the coming weeks. Might even buy some for some overseas friends...they'll have no idea what I've indoctrinated them into.

Yeah difference is the footy jumper means nothing to anyone overseas, but that hat with the word melbourne on it is a recognisable thing and something that the guys will take back with them as merchandise

The more I look at the logo the worse it is .. looks crap small .. cant be read on AFL page just looks like a blob and its nearly a copy of this

upload_2015-11-15_10-14-2.png

Biggest waste of effort ...its just a tweak on this .. and not even a good tweak

Some people believe in the mediocre status quo, I guess.

One more time: the Demon is not marketable to anybody but current Melbourne supporters.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, obviously, but I wish people would realise the ambition behind this move. The club knows that, as things stand, we are not a viable organisation - and they are doing things to change it. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't - but returning to a Demon is about a retrograde a move as Schwab's bugler and flag ceremony.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back