Universal Love MFC Supporters Celebration thread - Norm Smith, thanks for releasing us!

I will now?

• Die happy

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • Be fisted forever

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Probably get arrested for my celebrations

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Definitely get arrested for my melt

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Admit Goodwin was right abour out brand and learnings along the journey

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Wonder why the learnings didn't work

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

maxiboy238

Senior List
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Congrats guys !! In a good mood Felt like making a demons jersey for you guys
4C8FECBB-E693-43DC-9A47-24F6BFD44ECD.jpeg

slackboy72

All Australian
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
I thought I'd share my 'Melbourne Story'. Why do I support the Dees?
Once I was born, my father insisted I support Carlton and there's photos of me wearing a Blues jumper at a very young age.

My family comes from Qld via Sydney and I was raised in a rugby league household in Canberra. Even though my dad couldn't give two shits about aussie rules and never watched it he still raised me to hate Carlton. Drilled it into me. And I do to this day.
Thank you Dad.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
We seem to be missing a couple of posters from the celebrations . I hope both of the ones I am thinking of are ok .
I’m fine thanks jhong, just needed a break. Unless you are talking about Dr Whooooo of course, but he is out there somewhere too.

I logged in special like to share that my personal trainer sent a text reminding me of my 3PM torture session at some local park. I replied with what I thought was a convincing appeal about the mystery virus or pandemic type symptoms I have developed. He texted back No probs… same time next week when you are less drunk. A very astute young man.

I’m going to spend the extra time today doing some more research about about tattoos and pain thresholds

I’m fine thanks jhong, just needed a break. Unless you are talking about Dr Whooooo of course, but he is out there somewhere too.

I logged in special like to share that my personal trainer sent a text reminding me of my 3PM torture session at some local park. I replied with what I thought was a convincing appeal about the mystery virus or pandemic type symptoms I have developed. He texted back No probs… same time next week when you are less drunk. A very astute young man.

I’m going to spend the extra time today doing some more research about about tattoos and pain thresholds
SHE LIVES! CONGRATS PG!

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne

Happy to hear you are ok . You were one I was enquiring about . :)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
SHE LIVES! CONGRATS PG!
I have spent some quality time catching up lurking boards. I have now read every neutral supporter thread on the GF. And the dogs autopsy which was a bit weird. In just a day it went from dogs clearly to win owing to being ‘battle hardened’ and Melbourne playing one game in 2 years or something, then morphed into their loss clearly being down to their punishing finals campaign while we were fully rested.

I have spent some quality time catching up lurking boards. I have now read every neutral supporter thread on the GF. And the dogs autopsy which was a bit weird. In just a day it went from dogs clearly to win owing to being ‘battle hardened’ and Melbourne playing one game in 2 years or something, then morphed into their loss clearly being down to their punishing finals campaign while we were fully rested.
Yes also a lot of 'our best is better than their best' before the game too. Although to be fair a lot of people seemed to think the Dogs' best was better than our best all year. I think after the second and third quarters we can put that question to bed.

Welcome back. How was Ancient Demon?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Yes also a lot of 'our best is better than their best' before the game too. Although to be fair a lot of people seemed to think the Dogs' best was better than our best all year. I think after the second and third quarters we can put that question to bed.
Was actually the craziest GF I can recall. I wondered whether it was disappointing for the neutral viewer, but the freakish nature of the last quarter and a bit was gripping in its own way. I certainly loved it

Hi PG, welcome to the party.

What's your ranking of oppo boards GF threads? I'm guessing Essendon's would have been nice with the Hibberd connection. Saints, I hazard a guess would have been fantasically miserable watching two players they overlooked dominate through various parts of a grand final for the two qualifiers. Richmonds I think was probably very smug with an air of "It's nice to let the other teams have a go once in a while."

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Welcome back. How was Ancient Demon?
Super happy. Sort of sunk in more the next day I think. On Saturday we were kind of occupied being really shocked. That was the most incredible thing I have seen

Was actually the craziest GF I can recall. I wondered whether it was disappointing for the neutral viewer, but the freakish nature of the last quarter and a bit was gripping in its own way. I certainly loved it
Neutrals I've spoken too thought it was good. Tense for 2.5 quarters then the craziest blitz you'll likely ever see in a GF to take it home. Us being the sentimental favourite probably helps.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
I am still getting messages from different parts of the world . Most enjoyed the result and the way we did it . ( Don't know any Bulldog supporters either )

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hi PG, welcome to the party.

What's your ranking of oppo boards GF threads? I reckon Essendon's would have been nice with the Hibberd connection. Saints, I hazard a guess would have been fantasically miserable watching two players they overlooked dominate through various parts of a grand final for the qualifiers. Richmonds I think was probably very smug with an air of "It's nice to let the other teams have a go once in a while."
Working through them in no particular order:

Essendon great - I like that board in general because they don’t hate the Dees plus have some pretty knowledgeable posters.

Richmond - hilarious. We copied their game style which is why we won (yet apparently the AFL changed the rules so their gamestyle wouldn’t win anymore? Go figure). Also they call us Shemons which is the lamest thing I have ever heard on BF.

Geelong enjoyable because they kind of hate us now, and I’m more accustomed to our being generally ignored or laughed at. Recommend highly.

Carlton - seem to like us? Or hate the dogs more maybe. Everyone loves Petracca

St. Kilda - mixed and funny as hell as always. Some going for Demons, but all universally depressed regardless. Quickly became a Petracca not selected by them in 2014 s**t fight, they are all eating their own. Shows no sign whatsoever of ending soon. Should be good summer reading.

North don’t like us much. I know there is a reason for this but I forget why it is at the moment. Ben Brown maybe? Seems like more than that.

Dogs as expected. They probably only have a small number of real dickheads, but they are pretty high impact dickheads. To be honest, I generally like most dog supporters, but got a bit fed up with their over confidence all year plus their going mental every time a media person rated us over them. They are mostly a bit shocked and depressed though which is how I would probably feel.

Freo - barely posted about the GF really. Odd.

Hawks - funny in the same way their board is always funny. They post lots but virtually every post in threads about neutral games, or non Hawks AFL discussion is about the Hawks. They seem to have no interest in actual Australian Rules Football really. They vaguely like the Demons because we knocked out Geelong. Petracca was apparently definitely moving to Hawks a few years back though, which shows the superiority of their recruitment and list planning…

WC - surprisingly on side, they must have recovered from Oliver’s flop finally.

Sydney super funny because they totally haven’t recovered from 2016-related fury, which will probably never abate.

Gold Coast - goes for less than a page and is about 3 people who didn’t really form any impressions of the game which was weird.

GWS a pretty solid focus on wanting the dogs to lose. Presumably the prelim or whatever in 2016 rankles where the travelling supporters got shitty when spotless didn’t provide enough beers or something

Collingwood - mostly Collingwood related depression, with a bit of Adam Treloar stuff thrown in. Interesting because nobody is sure who to be most angry at but Beams is probably leading ATM.

Port - sort of wanted dogs to romp it in so that their prelim looks better, with a strong counter movement from the worse they look the better if it means that Hinkley can be sacked. They have gone off literally all of their players. Kind of remind me of me at this time of year in every other year in my recollection.

Adelaide delighted that we won because they beat us plus traded Watts for Fritsch

Brisbane - largely nice people on that board on the whole. Some interesting views that that guy, Cam whatever (No. 1 pick) will become Petracca next year or the year after or whenever he gets a run at it. I’m less convinced of that one, but to be fair I haven’t watched him a whole lot. I do remember him playing forward in his earlier years, and missing set shots a fair bit so maybe he does have some Trac parallels

Last edited:
Dogs as expected. They probably only have a small number of real dickheads, but they are pretty high impact dickheads. T

BigFooty is like an alternate universe when it comes to the Dogs. Living in the west I've met plenty of Dogs supporters and the vast majority are legends. Then you come on BigFooty and so many of them are campaigners with a chip on their shoulder laugh reacting to any criticism of their side. Truly bizarro world stuff.

Back