Universal Love MFC Supporters Celebration thread - Norm Smith, thanks for releasing us!

I will now?

• Die happy

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • Be fisted forever

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Probably get arrested for my celebrations

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Definitely get arrested for my melt

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Admit Goodwin was right abour out brand and learnings along the journey

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Wonder why the learnings didn't work

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Working through them in no particular order:

Essendon great - I like that board in general because they don’t hate the Dees plus have some pretty knowledgeable posters.

Richmond - hilarious. We copied their game style which is why we won (yet apparently the AFL changed the rules so their gamestyle wouldn’t win anymore? Go figure). Also they call us Shemons which is the lamest thing I have ever heard on BF.

Geelong enjoyable because they kind of hate us now, and I’m more accustomed to our being generally ignored or laughed at. Recommend highly.

Carlton - seem to like us? Or hate the dogs more maybe. Everyone loves Petracca

St. Kilda - mixed and funny as hell as always. Some going for Demons, but all universally depressed regardless. Quickly became a Petracca not selected by them in 2014 sh*t fight, they are all eating each their own. Shows no sign whatsoever of ending soon. Should be good summer reading.

North don’t like us much. I know there is a reason for this but I forget why it is at the moment. Ben Brown maybe? Seems like more than that.

Dogs as expected. They probably only have a small number of real dickheads, but they are pretty high impact dickheads. To be honest, I generally like most dog supporters, but got a bit fed up with their over confidence all year plus their going mental every time a media person rated us over them. They are mostly a bit shocked and depressed though which is how I would probably feel.

Freo - barely posted about the GF really. Odd.

Hawks - funny in the same way their board is always funny. They post lots but virtually every post in threads about neutral games, or non Hawks AFL discussion is about the Hawks. They seem to have no interest in actual Australian Rules Football really. They vaguely like the Demons because we knocked out Geelong. Petracca was apparently definitely moving to Hawks a few years back though, which shows the superiority of their recruitment and list planning…

WC - surprisingly on side, they must have recovered from Oliver’s flop finally.

Sydney super funny because they totally haven’t recovered from 2016-related fury, which will probably never abate.

Gold Coast - goes for less than a page and is about 3 people who didn’t really form any impressions of the game which was weird.

GWS a pretty solid focus on wanting the dogs to lose. Presumably the prelim or whatever in 2016 rankles where the travelling supporters got shitty when spotless didn’t provide enough beers or something

Collingwood - mostly Collingwood related depression, with a bit of Adam Treloar stuff thrown in. Interesting because nobody is sure who to be most angry at but Beams is probably leading ATM.

Port - sort of wanted dogs to romp it in so that their prelim looks better, with a strong counter movement from the worse they look the better if it means that Hinkley can be sacked. They have gone off literally all of their players. Kind of remind me of me at this time of year in every other year in my recollection.

Adelaide delighted that we won because they beat us plus traded Watts for Fritsch

Brisbane - largely nice people on that board on the whole. Some interesting views that that guy, Cam whatever (No. 1 pick) will become Petracca next year or the year after or whenever he gets a run at is. I’m less convinced of that one, but to be fair I haven’t watched him a whole lot. I do remember him playing forward in his earlier years, and missing set shots a fair bit so maybe he does have some Trac parallels
Elite wrap up

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Elite wrap up
I forgot the special mention to the 50 or so neutral supporters all over BF that go to Grand Final discussion threads in order to tell people that they don’t give a s**t who wins and won’t be watching. Inspiring stuff. Makes me want to go to the Chess board to tell them I don’t really know how to play and have no intention of learning

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
BigFooty is like an alternate universe when it comes to the Dogs. Living in the west I've met plenty of Dogs supporters and the vast majority are legends. Then you come on BigFooty and so many of them are campaigners with a chip on their shoulder laugh reacting to any criticism of their side. Truly bizarro world stuff.
I reckon the alternate universe is a good take. Its confronting to look these things in the eye, but we are all some kind of fringe of society types to some extent.

Most of the dogs supporters I know in real life are nice enough. I liked going to dogs dees games when we were s**t because some of the nice old man Footscray fans do weird stuff like shake your hand after the match and say “you have some fine young players…” or similar

I reckon the alternate universe is a good take. Its confronting to look these things in the eye, but we are all some kind of fringe of society types to some extent.

Most of the dogs supporters I know in real life are nice enough. I liked going to dogs dees games when we were sh*t because some of the nice old man Footscray fans do weird stuff like shake your hand after the match and say “you have some fine young players…” or similar
I like their BigFooty dickheadedness, it makes it easier for me to hate the club. Although after Saturday it's a bit harder. I found myself almost feeling bad for Bevo on the bench during one of my replays.

Proper Gander the Swans GF thread is hilarious, they didn't celebrate as hard as we did but definitely more than any other neutral club. Saints board is also always fantastic reading, they are so much like we were pre-2021.

Can we refer to everything before Round 1, 2021 as The Dark Times from now on?

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was a real shame we didn't have crowds at the end of season. Had a few moments over the season but I was thinking about a moment in round 9 Ed Langdon scored a goal and some bloke just smiled and said to me positive lingers I reciprocated, my dad was confused and asked me if I knew the man. Could really sense we were on to something special. We finally did it and I can't wait to celebrate it with complete strangers, this time with #happyE. Bring on 2022!!

How I'm feeling now makes me realise how devastated I'd have been if we'd lost, premierships are so bloody hard to win, very good teams have fallen short, but we've done it, just massive.

Was feeling sick at the prospect of this entire season being wasted after so much had gone right. I think Gil said it best. In the third quarter we just decided we were going to win.

Richmond - hilarious. We copied their game style which is why we won (yet apparently the AFL changed the rules so their gamestyle wouldn’t win anymore? Go figure). Also they call us Shemons which is the lamest thing I have ever heard on BF.
Should've brought some dip to read this thread as there were a lifetime's supply of chips on shoulders to pick at. Every comparison of Trac to Dusty got them fuming (every gun being compared to him probably is grating tho), every free kick was one that wouldn't be given to them, we also copied them with the non-selected players wearing their jumpers on the sideline (lol), the crowd of 70% neutrals weren't as crazed as a packed G ergo both clubs' supporters have no passion, the pregame show pales in comparison to The Killers in 2017 and nothing will ever come close again, ever (Killers were solid, but who even remembers the pre-match show unless it's a Meatloaf/Batmobile level disaster?).

TigerDD

Rookie
Sep 11, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Would love to see a better angle than the initial one, because don’t know how he did it.
I saw this post and it inspired me to make this sketch of that moment. Cheers
IMG_1985.JPG

Back