Portfolio mfcrox's 2015 Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

can you do the 2008 Richmond centenary jumper please?

This took A LOT more work than I thought it would. Only image I found on Google of the Richmond Centenary logo was very low resolution and completely washed out of colour. Basically made the logo from scratch, and built it up layer by layer in order to make it's colours and gradients fit in with the colours I use on my Richmond template. Anyway... here it is :)

Richmond (Centenary Guernsey, circa. 2008):

Richmond Centenary Close-Up.png

Last edited:
Why didn't you ask Mero ?.

I'm not gonna bother him for something like that. Hahahaha.

For all the guernseys I make, I just Google whatever I need and use AFL Photos and Mero's page to sort of guide me along. If I can't find a logo I need or whatever, I just make it from scratch. I dunno why, I just enjoy the challenge of trying to create an original copy of something... weird habit, I know. That bloody Hawthorn clash guernsey being a case in point... I spent 10+ hours on that thing, and I am still not happy with it. Hahaha

I'm not gonna bother him for something like that. Hahahaha.

For all the guernseys I make, I just Google whatever I need and use AFL Photos and Mero's page to sort of guide me along. If I can't find a logo I need or whatever, I just make it from scratch. I dunno why, I just enjoy the challenge of trying to create an original copy of something... weird habit, I know.
Yeah man that's cool, I understand where you coming from as you want to test yourself rather than just slacking off.

This took A LOT more work than I thought it would. Only image I found on Google of the Richmond Centenary logo was very low resolution and completely washed out of colour. Basically made the logo from scratch, and built it up layer by layer in order to make it's colours and gradients fit in with the colours I use on my Richmond template. Anyway... here it is :)

View attachment 202998
That's an awesome effort and attempt. Looks awesome. You could have messaged me for a better pic of the logo as I have the jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond-2008-logo.png

If my memory serves me correctly, Mr Eagle actually made this logo for me.
That was back when I was first using Illustrator.

That's an awesome effort and attempt. Looks awesome. You could have messaged me for a better pic of the logo as I have the jumper.

Richmond-2008-logo.png

If my memory serves me correctly, Mr Eagle actually made this logo for me.
That was back when I was first using Illustrator.

That's cool, I actually enjoy making all that stuff... same with all the sponsors logos and stuff. A lot of the logos on guernseys and shorts are now not used by companies, so I just make my own by looking at photos on AFLPhotos. The only guernsey I've sort of 'cheated' on was the Collingwood barcode one, I actually used a pretty decent resolution image of that magpie off the actual jumper and just cut it out and pasted it in. Too many gradients going on with that one to make it myself.

Bloody good work by Mr. Eagle too... done a really good job of that logo I reckon :thumbsu:

That's cool, I actually enjoy making all that stuff... same with all the sponsors logos and stuff. A lot of the logos on guernseys and shorts are now not used by companies, so I just make my own by looking at photos on AFLPhotos. The only guernsey I've sort of 'cheated' on was the Collingwood barcode one, I actually used a pretty decent resolution image of that magpie off the actual jumper and just cut it out and pasted it in. Too many gradients going on with that one to make it myself.

Bloody good work by Mr. Eagle too... done a really good job of that logo I reckon :thumbsu:
I had the vector of that Barcode magpie as used by North Freo Amateurs.
However it died along with my hard drive.
And just tonight I thought to myself "maybe it's on that other drive" and there it was.
So if you want it, I have it in vector.

This logo is so much better than the current one- and the current ones pretty good! Good when you have such a good nickname/club colours. Navy and white is pretty boring (and looks like Carlton) and never been a fan of the "cats" moniker.
agreed. i would like to see our centenary logo return as a normal logo (obviously fix it up so its not a centenary) I don't really like oue current logo tbh, would love to see something like our old one but a modern version.

I had the vector of that Barcode magpie as used by North Freo Amateurs.
However it died along with my hard drive.
And just tonight I thought to myself "maybe it's on that other drive" and there it was.
So if you want it, I have it in vector.

Yeah, if you don't mind mate :) Thanks

Could you please do the Geelong members Guernsey they wore in 2013!?

Here you go mate. Nice guernsey this one... I'd forgotten all about it. Obviously I couldn't get members names, so I just used the names of every player to play a game for the club (a bit of clipping to the names though).

Geelong (Members Recognition Guernsey, circa. 2013):

Geelong Members Close-Up.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back