Portfolio mfcrox's 2015 Guernseys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
BOLTS, REN, OKC, WFC, LVB, STORM
Moderator #106
Always wondered why some sides have a certain colour on their cuffs yet when they have long sleeves the colour changes?

ie. Melbourne is Red cuffs but blue long sleeves.
My club does the same thing. I think it's to keep the base colour of the jumper so that the the sleeved player is in the same main colour as his team.

mfcrox

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thread starter #107
How about the 2007 Port clash please?
Always wondered why some sides have a certain colour on their cuffs yet when they have long sleeves the colour changes?
Here is another example of different cuffs and sleeves... a smoking turd of a guernsey this one. Cheers Cody_ ;)

Someone at Port Adelaide must be trying to erase it from memory, because I could find next to no photos of this one in a game situation, so my sponsors may be a little off. I've gone with the 2007 version, not the 2008 version.

Port Adelaide (Away Guernsey, circa. 2007):

Last edited:

Cody_

do i good?
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Here is another example of different cuffs and sleeves... a smoking turd of a guernsey this one. Cheers Cody_ ;)

Someone at Port Adelaide must be trying to erase it from memory, because I could find next to no photos of this one in a game situation, so my sponsors may be a little off. I've gone with the 2007 version, not the 2008 version.

Port Adelaide (Away Guernsey, circa. 2007):
That's pretty good mate, I just can't stump you :p

mfcrox

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thread starter #109
That's pretty good mate, I just can't stump you :p
Found a pretty good photo on Google (minimal angle and flat) which I traced to get the pattern. Would have been stuffed otherwise. Hahaha.

Was still tricky though, especially the finer lines. I had to 'bulk' the pattern up a bit with stroke in order to get them to show properly.

Love a challenge though ;-)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mfcrox

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thread starter #112

mfcrox

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thread starter #117
what about the 2008 piss stain please.
I've just looked up a few real-life photos of this guernsey to check sponsors and the like, and the image above that you put up actually flatters it. It really does!!!

It is absolutely awful in photos... how it got beyond the design stage is one of the world's great mysteries. Hahaha

That said... I reckon I will enjoy making this one though. Got some gradients and stuff to muck around with.

Cody_

do i good?
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I've just looked up a few real-life photos of this guernsey to check sponsors and the like, and the image above that you put up actually flatters it. It really does!!!

It is absolutely awful in photos... how it got beyond the design stage is one of the world's great mysteries. Hahaha

That said... I reckon I will enjoy making this one though. Got some gradients and stuff to muck around with.
well merry Christmas mate, looking forward to it, best of luck :p:D

mfcrox

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thread starter #121
well merry Christmas mate, looking forward to it, best of luck :p:D
Ho Ho Ho... Merry Christmas. I'd have preferred 15kg of coal than this rubbish in my stocking back in Christmas 2006... now that I've had a really good look at it in designing this, it has overtaken Hawthorn's current clash as the ugliest guernsey I've ever seen on an AFL field. By the way, the long sleeve actually has this gradient... I didn't make that up. Just an absolutely shocking guernsey :drunk:

Brisbane (Clash Guernsey, circa. 2007):

NM_Mitchell

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
Ho Ho Ho... Merry Christmas. I'd have preferred 15kg of coal than this rubbish in my stocking back in Christmas 2006... now that I've had a really good look at it in designing this, it has overtaken Hawthorn's current clash as the ugliest guernsey I've ever seen on an AFL field. By the way, the long sleeve actually has this gradient... I didn't make that up. Just an absolutely shocking guernsey :drunk:

have you got a pic of the actual long sleeved one?

Cody_

do i good?
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

ohhhhhhh wow good effort hahha

mfcrox

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thread starter #124
have you got a pic of the actual long sleeved one?

This was posted on here a few years ago... it popped up for me on Google Search. Player issue - Ashley McGrath apparently. Obviously mine is slightly different (like BBFFC above number), but mine are hypothetical 2015 season remakes; hence my 'Heritage Round' logo on all my guernseys.

Top Bottom