Portfolio mfcrox's 2015 Guernseys

mfcrox

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
that is well s**t.

Yeah, it is a shocker isn't it!? I enjoyed making it for the gradients and the like; same as I loved making the West Coast 'Ochre'... but this Brisbane jumper is just an absolute eyesore. Their 2008 kit has different socks as well, and they are even worse... they have vertical blue and yellow lines that look like straps from old Greek sandals. *Throwing up* Emoji

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
North-1995.gif

North-Heritage-2005.gif

Could you do one or both of these please?

edit: changed to the north story jumper.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
How do you do it? Do you just put the guernseys you've already made into the template?
No, the jumper on this template wraps around the player, where my standard template is flat.
I guess I do use the same graphics, but I have to tinker with each to get them to fit the player template.

mfcrox

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
No, the jumper on this template wraps around the player, where my standard template is flat.
I guess I do use the same graphics, but I have to tinker with each to get them to fit the player template.

Yeah, I do that with mine... make it all flat first, and then adjust it all to fit the proportions of the templates as best as I can. That would be the one thing I'd change on my template... just the lack or symmetry in it, requires so much tinkering to make it 'wrap' the way it should.

I'd be happy to help out if you decide away kits are something you want to introduce one day.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Yeah, I do that with mine... make it all flat first, and then adjust it all to fit the proportions of the templates as best as I can. That would be the one thing I'd change on my template... just the lack or symmetry in it, requires so much tinkering to make it 'wrap' the way it should.

I'd be happy to help out if you decide away kits are something you want to introduce one day.
Next project is to do this to each of the existing Home kits.
4607375.png

mfcrox

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hadn't done a Sydney one yet... so I thought I would attempt one of those. This guernsey had a fair bit of detail in it: Names of all players to play a game in the white of the guernsey (plus members who paid for their name), then the names of all B&F winners and the club logo were watermarked into the yoke, and then finally Bob Skilton's signature is in the white above the yoke. Enjoyed making this one.

Sydney (Club Champion Guernsey, circa. 2015):

Sydney Club Champion Close-Up.png

Last edited:

CollarJazzKnee

All Australian
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Next project is to do this to each of the existing Home kits.
4607375.png

Was anyone else a bit surprised/flat when Victoria ran out in the that all stars game with blue shorts? Didn't look right. Should've been in traditional white.

mfcrox

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
NM_Mitchell Here you go mate. Interesting guernsey... obviously a one-off error, but makes it look from an earlier era. I had no photographic evidence for this one, so the sponsors are consistent with what North Melbourne were wearing in 1995, and I just used a narrower hoop on the sleeve so it was similar to the width of the stripes on the guernsey.

North Melbourne (Home Guernsey, circa. 1995):

Back