Miami 2018 (17th March - 1st April)

Remove this Banner Ad

This won't get any news in the press today. What a result. Hopefully he can build on it and reach that injury enforced untapped potential.

Also, it keeps up feds streak in losing to players ranked in over #100. Loses the number 1 ranking as well and the first time he has lost 2 in a row as a number 1 player as well I have heard.

Also, Halep will be #1 till at least the French open.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

What a win by the Kokk! If he didn't miss so much Tennis with the injuries he would be top 30.

When Kyrgios and Kokk played the junior final at AO everyone was saying leading in that Kyrgios would win but Kokk would be the better player long term. Not sure even injury free that would be the case but like you said would definitely be a top 30 player if his body held up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was an excellent performance to follow this morning. So glad for the Kokk, always a player oozing in likeability. Had to get through Qualies, so don't expect him to get far, but to take out Federer like that at a Masters tournament is a career highlight. Still, I'd rather take a healthy run with injuries over beating Federer and then getting injured again, hope his body holds up for him.

I think Serena is done. A year off at her age is tough to come back from. Plus I thought the field was closing before she had her baby(though she did win the AO, I thought her losses to Pliskova, Mug and Kerber were a sign.

Betting her performance improves once she stops breastfeeding / more time elapses since she stopped breastfeeding.

This won't get any news in the press today. What a result. Hopefully he can build on it and reach that injury enforced untapped potential.
Because why give good publicity to a young aussie beating Fed when you give bad publicity to Tomic for losing in a Challenger

Yep all it got was a 10 second mention at the end of the offsiders program.
And Caro's mention of his name almost sounds like she'd never heard of him! She noted it as a notable statistical upset which instigated a top ranking change, also valid news/historical points, but yes, the way she worded him as some no-name was surprising but realistic I guess. Kelly nicely cleaned up with the "Adelaide boy" mention. But it might be a misreading on my part.

Amazing win for Thanasi!!!! Rapt for him after all his injury issues :)

I did hear it mentioned on an SEN news bulletin this morning but sadly the cricket fiasco is preoccupying most of the sports news today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back