Teams Miami Dolphins - The Fins

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Plot thickens

Dasher39 said:
How will this affect the AFC Playoff Race??

I think the ppl in Buffalo will be jumping for joy more than you think. That last second Jax TD in Week #1 will be thier only regret if they miss out.

Steelers can clinch AFC top seed this week at home vs Baltimore and then rest up many banged up players at Buffalo. Play Maddox @ Buffalo !!

Woodson said:
Steelers can clinch AFC top seed this week at home vs Baltimore and then rest up many banged up players at Buffalo. Play Maddox @ Buffalo !!

I wouldn't rest Big Ben. Let him keep rolling along. A few other players need a rest though. Rest the hole defense I say.

But lets not count are chickens. Two very tough games too go. I agree with you on the Steelers bandwagon. Hardly recieved any press despite their record season. Let em talk up the Eagles and Colts.

ZimZum said:
I wouldn't rest Big Ben. Let him keep rolling along. A few other players need a rest though. Rest the hole defense I say.

But lets not count are chickens. Two very tough games too go. I agree with you on the Steelers bandwagon. Hardly recieved any press despite their record season. Let em talk up the Eagles and Colts.

Not counting any chooks at all. The Ravens game is a virtual play-off audition. Ever so important to flex some Steeler muscle on offense as we need to get INTO the endzone more often to compete with the Colts and Pats. 17 pts may not be enough to grind out a W when it REALLY counts. As for my Maddox remark...of course start BIG BEN but remain weary of the situation...**dead rubber game** vs the Bills IF, and only IF, we do clinch home field next week.

Nick Saban - genius

9ss1mu.jpg

Re: Culppeper to the dolphins

Mizza said:
Daunte Culpepper was traded to the Miami Dolphins for a 2nd round draft pick, What a joke. What were the Vikings thinking, Culpepper is one of the best QB's in the NFL.
What are your thoughts of this trade?
The thing is he probably said he either goes for free or you trade him, but really that is a joke, Dolphins got him very very cheap but not sure hwo he will go there.

Dont know how many of you remember it, but it would almost be on par with the Herschel Walker trade of '89.

WTF are they thinking in Minnesota??????

the wolves are cr.ap and now the vikes are shooting themselves in the foot as well!

i give up, im going to support the lakers and the raiders....

Very surprised that the Vikings gave hime up for a second round pick. A steal by the Dolphins.

Hope he passes the physical otherwise the Dolphins only have last years 3rd string QB still contracted to them.

1. He's proved nothing without Randy Moss.

2. He's torn three ligaments in his knee, so his effectiveness outside the pocket is questionable atm. Duantae doesn't like much pressure, and if he can't move, well... he's going to struggle.

A second rounder is probably fair, I think they've overpaid a little though.

Mizza said:
Daunte Culpepper was traded to the Miami Dolphins for a 2nd round draft pick, What a joke. What were the Vikings thinking, Culpepper is one of the best QB's in the NFL.
What are your thoughts of this trade?

Its a done deal - thats the Vikings bad luck, they are going no-where fast anyway.
We need to remember how error prone Culpepper is though. Before he got injured he was having a dreadful season... basically losing games on his own... then brad johnson led the team 7-2.

Culpepper - Chambers - McMichael - Ronnie Brown, you'd have to say the future looks bright in Miami. and they always have a pretty solid defence!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem was he wanted out. Trust me they were lucky to get a second round pick for him. He wasn't playing very well before his injury anyway. The same thing was going to happen with T.O. Why offer anything more if you know you can get him in the free agents. A steal for the dolphins.

joey harrington to miami

apparently harrington's agent has confirmed that he will go to miami, he is just waiting to be released by detroit which is a formality as he is due a $4m bonus mid june.

miami's qb situation looks a little better than last year

culpepper & harrington

compared with

frerotte, rosenfels and lemon

could be a playoff season i reckon

Re: joey harrington to miami

JeffDunne said:
lol, I bet marcuz is releaved.

I nearly p***ed myself when I heard Dallas had asked permission to interview him.

He has some talent but is yet to deliver on it, we will now see if the enviroment at detroit had anything to do with his lack of form. of course he'll have to wait for Dante to miss some games first. At least he wont be the scapegoat at the dolphins.

I agree he has talent marcuz, but he doesn't handle pressure well.

Might improve with age and I have no doubt he'll play good games as a backup but he's not the sort of bloke you'd want to rely on in big games.

Miami are certainly going to be an interesting story this year.

marcuz said:
He has some talent but is yet to deliver on it, we will now see if the enviroment at detroit had anything to do with his lack of form. of course he'll have to wait for Dante to miss some games first. At least he wont be the scapegoat at the dolphins.
I thought there was some doubt as to whether Dante will be ready for the first game. Maybe Harrington will start for the first few

Harrington is a bust. Not sure why anyone would be excited about getting him.

Don't be surprised if they draft Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs in the 3rd round.

Ricky Williams suspended for the 2006 season

Dolphins' Williams suspended again

Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams was suspended for the 2006 season by the NFL on Tuesday for violating the league's substance abuse policy for the fourth time.

The league announced the suspension after Williams' appeal of his latest positive drug test was denied. Williams met with NFL counsel Jeff Pash on April 10 in an attempt to have the league overturn the test.
Previous positive tests were for marijuana, which Williams acknowledged using. The latest test apparently involved a drug other than marijuana.

The 1998 Heisman Trophy winner and 2002 NFL rushing champion, Williams retired and sat out the 2004 season, then returned last year to play for new Miami coach Nick Saban.

He served a four-game suspension at the start of the 2005 season for his third violation of the drug program, then ran for 743 yards and averaged 4.4 yards a carry while sharing playing time with rookie Ronnie Brown.

News that Williams had failed another drug test surfaced in February, while he was in India studying yoga and holistic medicine.

Saban repeatedly has praised Williams' conduct and performance last season and supported him in the appeal process.

The suspension represents a financial blow for Williams, who owes the Dolphins $8.6 million for breaching his contract when he retired in 2004. His return to the NFL was motivated partly by the need for a paycheck.

It's unclear whether the suspension might be the end of the mercurial running back's career. If he tries to return in 2007, he'll be 30 years old and will have played a total of 12 games in the previous three seasons.

Re: Ricky Williams suspended for the 2006 season

Can anyone say they're surprised?

That'd be just about it for his career. Shame, he had the ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back