CasuallyDressed

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers, Rockies, Colts, Ducks
you are or the dolphins?
Me. I just thought I'd chose this thread to post about it in.

No. It's the Dolphins... should be a good, relatively cheap option (trade wise) for them.

Even if some Colts fan think he's worth a first or more. :p

Elvis

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins, LFC, NY Rangers
Fitzmagic and Rosen ... not sure how to feel. On the positive side I think we basically got a free shot to see whether Rosen has the chops to be a quarterback or not. We know that Fitzpatrick can do as a QB.

I guess my worry is that in the inevitable rebuild that we must go on, is this taking a short cut that produces a few wins net year that takes us out of contention for picking a QB in next years draft?

From reading the reports, Cards wanted our pick 48, but our front office baulked at that to trade down to 62 and next year second. We then give up that pick 62 for the Rosen trade, as well as a pick in the fifth round next year (for which we currently have an abundance of picks). I was impressed - have we learnt how to trade???

We probably could have fleeced the Cards a bit more seeing that they lost all leverage drafting Murray, and other teams needing QB's were not interested, but I am just happy to that we were savvy enough to protect draft position next year.

Gonna be an interesting season next year - we really got to stay the course on the rebuild, so its going to be s**t watching us lose all the time but if it will get the stench from the Tannenbaum era then it will be worth it to give the new regime a chance.

Elixuh

Oct 27, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
Fitzmagic and Rosen ... not sure how to feel. On the positive side I think we basically got a free shot to see whether Rosen has the chops to be a quarterback or not. We know that Fitzpatrick can do as a QB.

I guess my worry is that in the inevitable rebuild that we must go on, is this taking a short cut that produces a few wins net year that takes us out of contention for picking a QB in next years draft?

From reading the reports, Cards wanted our pick 48, but our front office baulked at that to trade down to 62 and next year second. We then give up that pick 62 for the Rosen trade, as well as a pick in the fifth round next year (for which we currently have an abundance of picks). I was impressed - have we learnt how to trade???

We probably could have fleeced the Cards a bit more seeing that they lost all leverage drafting Murray, and other teams needing QB's were not interested, but I am just happy to that we were savvy enough to protect draft position next year.

Gonna be an interesting season next year - we really got to stay the course on the rebuild, so its going to be s**t watching us lose all the time but if it will get the stench from the Tannenbaum era then it will be worth it to give the new regime a chance.
From Fitzpatrick we will either get those spurts of Romo genius or 6 picks a game. Lets go baby.

MITSUHIRATO

All Australian
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
The Dolphins played this one very smart.

Rosen will start for them in 2019.

Even if he crashes, they can tank for Tagovailoa (who's a gun!), cut Rosen, and not take much of a cap hit as the Cardinals absorb almost all of his entire rookie signing bonus against THEIR cap.

If he plays well: the Dolphins have picked up a first round talent for a late second rounder.

I've been impressed with Chris Grier since taking over, he's made some good moves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
in every girl's wet dream ℠
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ravens-Dolphins Hurricanes-Terps
Josh Rosen gets to work with fourth offensive coordinator of his NFL career
Posted by Mike Florio on May 3, 2019, 11:09 PM EDT

Already on his second NFL team, Dolphins quarterback Josh Rosen also is on his fourth NFL offensive coordinator.
Yes, his fourth.
The progression has gone from Mike McCoy to Byron Leftwich to Tom Clements in Arizona, and now to Chad O’Shea in Miami.
“It encourages some mental gymnasticsand the more you train it and the more you work it, I think the better you get at it,” Rosen said, via Hal Habib of the Palm Beach Post.
The Miami offense under O’Shea, the former Patriots receivers coach, becomes the latest that Rosen has to learn.
“I’m trying to break down this playbook as quickly as I can,” Rosen said.
Rosen also will be working with Jim Caldwell, the assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach and Jerry Schuplinski, the assistant quarterbacks coach. And also Hall of Famer Dan Marino, a Dolphins executive who has a hand in the quarterback situation with the team for which he starred.
“We’ve got a lot of great minds in there from a lot of different backgrounds,” Rosen said. “I think we’ve got a really good room. Hopefully it’s going to be an indicator of a lot of success.”
Rosen will need to have a lot of success, or the Dolphins could do next year what the Cardinals did this year, drafting a quarterback who supplants Rosen, and who potentially triggers another trade of a guy who would then be on offensive coordinator No. 5.

Elvis

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
*******Hell ... these next 2 drafts better be stacked. No confidence that the Dolphins front office will know how to find someone

Elixuh

Oct 27, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
I feel like this season will be a better one emotionally for supporters. At least we know they're not trying to win and will likely go 0-16. But as you point out Elvin, talent ID and building a good team is nothing something the fins are known for.

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I like the complete cleanout, it needed to happen, but it worries me that we're a year early to get Trevor Lawrence.

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
According Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports, "multiple" Dolphins players contacted their agents seeking trades following Sunday's blowout loss to Baltimore.
If Miami's tanking agenda wasn't obvious before, it sure was during Sunday's 59-10 defeat, a loss made more embarrassing by the fact it occurred on the Dolphins' home turf. Apparently that was the final straw for a few unnamed Dolphins, who reportedly want no part of what figures to be a lengthy rebuild in South Beach. First-year coach Brian Flores is in for the long haul, but it doesn't sound like everyone in the organization is quite on board with Miami's painfully transparent tanking efforts. Unfortunately for the Dolphins, their fans and all of our collective eye sockets, this team still has 15 games of unwatchable football ahead of it.
SOURCE: Dov Kleiman on Twitter
Sep 8, 2019, 9:27 PM ET

Elixuh

Oct 27, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
According Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports, "multiple" Dolphins players contacted their agents seeking trades following Sunday's blowout loss to Baltimore.
If Miami's tanking agenda wasn't obvious before, it sure was during Sunday's 59-10 defeat, a loss made more embarrassing by the fact it occurred on the Dolphins' home turf. Apparently that was the final straw for a few unnamed Dolphins, who reportedly want no part of what figures to be a lengthy rebuild in South Beach. First-year coach Brian Flores is in for the long haul, but it doesn't sound like everyone in the organization is quite on board with Miami's painfully transparent tanking efforts. Unfortunately for the Dolphins, their fans and all of our collective eye sockets, this team still has 15 games of unwatchable football ahead of it.
SOURCE: Dov Kleiman on Twitter
Sep 8, 2019, 9:27 PM ET
Lmao. I saw the Ravens were paying 1.38 or something before the game. That was legitimately free money.

Elvis

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
It was even worse than I could have imagined! Jesus. Sports has the tendency to just repeatedly kick you in the nuts ... that's it, I'm going for the Harlem Globetrotters from now

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dolphins DB Minkah Fitzpatrick was granted permission to seek a trade.
It's hardly shocking Miami's 2018 first-rounder sought a way out after playing six different positions this offseason, weak side and strong side linebacker included. Fitzpatrick allowed an airtight 53.4 passer rating in the slot last year but stayed jostling from corner to the front-seven in Miami's season opener as the new regime continued toying with alignments and personnel. A former Thorpe Award recipient as the nation's top defensive back at Alabama, there will be a number of suitors bending over backwards to take on Fitzpatrick's remaining $13.45 million for the next three seasons.
SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter
Sep 12, 2019, 11:52 PM ET

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dolphins want to change Minkah's role - Minkah wants to change team
This dude is suffering the classic "jack of all trades, master of none" on top of his sophomore slump.
I wish they'd stop moving this kid around. I'm pretty sure he could be a very good player but they just won't leave him alone in one spot. Some people have two jobs and after a while they can't do neither one very good cause is too much for them to handle it mentally. Now our coaches want smart players but how much are they going to throw at this kid?

"Next player to ask for a trade...."
Harris: "I want to be traded away from this team"

Grier: "Why"

Harris: "They're trying to use me as a pass rusher knowing damn well I can't do that"

Re: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article234952332.html

Ross has nobody to blame but himself. But yeah, when the least football knowledgeable owner is making better decisions than the GM, there is a serious problem.

Top Bottom