GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
In every girl's wet dream ℠
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Richmond, St.George
The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports Brian Hoyer is a "leading candidate" to serve as Tua Tagovailoa's backup in 2021.
Salguero said the team doesn't want a backup who will overshadow Tua in his first full season as starter. Miami is unlikely to re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick in part because he's a threat to Tua's starting gig. Dolphins offensive co-coordinator George Godsey was familiar with Hoyer when both were in New England and worked with him when Godsey was Houston's offensive coordinator. Hoyer, 35, has started 39 games in his journeyman career.
RELATED:
SOURCE: MiamiHerald.com
Feb 26, 2021, 11:41 AM ET

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports Ryan Fitzpatrick "believes he’s played well enough the past couple of years to get a chance to at least compete for a starting job with some team."
The Dolphins' commitment to Tua Tagovailoa as the team's starter means Fitzpatrick would have to look elsewhere this offseason if he wants a starting gig. Fitzpatrick was less than thrilled with Miami's decision to bench him at midseason in favor of Tagovailoa, who struggled throughout the second half of the season. The Broncos reportedly have interest in Fitzpatrick, though the team remains in the Deshaun Watson conversation. Drew Lock could be the latest young quarterback to lose his starting job to Fitz if he signed with Denver. The grizzled veteran has a lengthy history of unseating young signal callers, including Geno Smith, Jameis Winston, and Josh Rosen. The Dolphins will need to remove any and all competition for Tua to be the team's opening day starter. There's almost no chance Fitzpatrick returns to South Florida.
RELATED:
SOURCE: MiamiHerald.com
Feb 26, 2021, 11:24 AM ET

A11dAtP0w3R

Enjoying my teams losses more than I should 😙
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers. Zach Wilson.
Miami back to doing Miami things again, allergic to success. Imagine going into a season with Tua and Hoyer and thinking we are good. 😂

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Richmond, St.George
It's more that they don't want Tua to face proper competition, which is always a bad thing. He wont be at his best then if they believe Fitzpatrick would easily unseat Tua, still a work in progress. The 10-6 a mirage of a 5-11 season instead if Tua started every game.

A11dAtP0w3R

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
It's more that they don't want Tua to face proper competition, which is always a bad thing. He wont be at his best then if they believe Fitzpatrick would easily unseat Tua, still a work in progress. The 10-6 a mirage of a 5-11 season instead if Tua started every game.
Couldn't agree more.. Mollycoddling him, pathetic.

Grier and Ross want so desperately for him to be a star yet they can't see they are hurting a team who is ready to win now

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Richmond, St.George
If Miami or the Jets want him they will get him. :(
Stupid for Miami to, we just drafted Tua and we'd have to trade back the #3 we got from the Texans. Rule us out due to all that.

Jets seem unlikely too because theyd give them #2 and Darnold, but then what would the texans do? Not take Zach Wilson? Jets better off drafting Wilson and trading Darnold on his own for a late 2nd.

Panthers seem likelier actually given the Texans would get CMC and defensive player(s) and a pick they can still get a QB with

A11dAtP0w3R

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Stupid for Miami to, we just drafted Tua and we'd have to trade back the #3 we got from the Texans. Rule us out due to all that.

Jets seem unlikely too because theyd give them #2 and Darnold, but then what would the texans do? Not take Zach Wilson? Jets better off drafting Wilson and trading Darnold on his own for a late 2nd.

Panthers seem likelier actually given the Texans would get CMC and defensive player(s) and a pick they can still get a QB with
I don't mind trading CMac coz of his salary, but if we traded Burns or Chinn it would be pretty silly. Won't be easy on replace either in a defense with very little star power as is.

Like I said, Jets and Miami have far better asset's than we do to make a deal work.

We'd be better off looking to trade up to #3 with Miami to draft Fields , Lance or hopefully Wilson if he was there (assuming the Jets land Watson and pick 2 goes to Houston) . Gotta jump Atlanta.

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Richmond, St.George
I don't mind trading CMac coz of his salary, but if we traded Burns or Chinn it would be pretty silly. Won't be easy on replace either in a defense with very little star power as is.

Like I said, Jets and Miami have far better asset's than we do to make a deal work.

We'd be better off looking to trade up to #3 with Miami to draft Fields , Lance or hopefully Wilson if he was there (assuming the Jets land Watson and pick 2 goes to Houston) . Gotta jump Atlanta.
I think GMs (especially those with early 1sts) would be reluctant to part with exorbitant amount of 1sts and key players for a QB when theyd be better off just drafting one and on the cheap rookie deal. Feel Watson is screwed, will probably sit out the year or end up going to a team with a late 1st

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Richmond, St.George

Elvis

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins, LFC, NY Rangers
I dont follow College football, I mean I like the Oregon ducks mascot haha. But do we need a tight end? Gesicki seems a solid option to me. I get it if this guy is a stud, but Smith or Chase as WR's would be better wouldnt they? And running back?

Remove this Banner Ad