Teams Miami Dolphins - The Fins

Remove this Banner Ad

Grier is a good GM. Flores had a great start changing the culture. We have talent on both sides of the ball. If it was me...where the change needs to happen is OC and playcalling, get rid of the committee we have and hite a young college stud. And then make him HC in a couple years when he starts getting HC interest around the league. The QB problem, either Aaron Rodgers and hold onto our draft picks, or draft again till we hit on one

Grier is a good GM. Flores had a great start changing the culture. We have talent on both sides of the ball. If it was me...where the change needs to happen is OC and playcalling, get rid of the committee we have and hite a young college stud. And then make him HC in a couple years when he starts getting HC interest around the league. The QB problem, either Aaron Rodgers and hold onto our draft picks, or draft again till we hit on one

Grier needs a good kick up the arse for neglecting the oline, the only player hes drafted to help it is Jackson and hes 100% a bust.

100% agree with the rest of what youre saying, horrible OC play calling, been the same for so many years for Miami.

Grier sucks a55.
Great at trading for picks, great at burning them too.
Exhibit A Noah Igbinoghene (R1 P30) could’ve had Trevon Diggs...
Exhibit B Charles Harris instead of TJ Watt (2017)

Last edited:

GMs all make bad mistakes in hindsight at least Grier isnt completely pathetic like some other GMs.

We've made some mistakes. Coulda woulda shoulda mistakes. Herbert, not Tua. Diggs not Noah. TJ not Harris. And this draft, can look back probably and say Sewell not Waddle.

Herbert/Tua probably on Ross, he always wanted him, and if its true Flores and or Grier wanted Herbert or Burrow not Tua, then we cant say its their fault.

Flores is a good culture guy. Grier has been decent. Ross interferes, but Flores and Grier still have the same obstacles as other HC/GMs with meddling owners, trying to coach up the rosters they have and still win games despite other teams having better players. Theyve still been a letdown this year....especially Flores, and the way he structured the offense, OCs, play-calling. The D has been pretty good, but can only do so much. The offense has been a resounding flop, and thats on Flores still, more than Grier and Ross.

Flores looks like he’s been to drained of his spirit- the fish rots from the head first...(ie Ross)

Yes ross has been a disaster really.

I know head coaching tenures never end well but he has badly managed some of the head coaches out the door in the last 10 years.

He made Sparano dead man walking at end of 2010.

Instead after failing to nail Harbaugh and in public embarrassment he keeps sparano on. 2011 turned into a wasted year as it was quite obivous sparano wasn't going to be man to continue on post 2010 as the franchise had lost faith.

Sacks Joe Philbin after 4 games in 2015. Now if a team sacks there head coach after 4 games in a season that shows to me a poorly run organization. If Philbin was getting the punt as he should have at end of 2014.

2015 wouldn't have been another waste. Instead we spend 3/4 of a season with interim coach treading water waiting for Adam Gase.

With Gase history proves he got that right and learnt his lesson from the other 2. But he was another failed appointment under ross.

And if flores goes down the same route after basically tanking in 2019 we have wasted another 3 years.

With the brady era with the pats done it should be a little easier to compete for division titles but Buffalo has got the jump and if another rebuild is required Ross should hand the keys over to someone else

GMs all make bad mistakes in hindsight at least Grier isnt completely pathetic like some other GMs.

We've made some mistakes. Coulda woulda shoulda mistakes. Herbert, not Tua. Diggs not Noah. TJ not Harris. And this draft, can look back probably and say Sewell not Waddle.

Herbert/Tua probably on Ross, he always wanted him, and if its true Flores and or Grier wanted Herbert or Burrow not Tua, then we cant say its their fault.

Flores is a good culture guy. Grier has been decent. Ross interferes, but Flores and Grier still have the same obstacles as other HC/GMs with meddling owners, trying to coach up the rosters they have and still win games despite other teams having better players. Theyve still been a letdown this year....especially Flores, and the way he structured the offense, OCs, play-calling. The D has been pretty good, but can only do so much. The offense has been a resounding flop, and thats on Flores still, more than Grier and Ross.
TJ Watt was screaming to be picked.
Noah would’ve been available in the 3rd.
these 2 are facts- I agree with you about the others being a case of woulda/shoulda/coulda though.

The Houston Chronicle reported on Tuesday that the Dolphins and Texans have agreed to terms on a trade for QB Deshaun Watson, but the Dolphins want clarity on his legal issues before going through with it.

That means there is no timeline on when Watson could be a Dolphin, as there is no end in sight for his legal issues. Regardless, it's interesting to confirm that there have been talks and potentially even an agreement between the two sides on a deal to send Watson to Miami, even if nothing is imminent on account of the accusations levied toward the quarterback.

SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter
Oct 26, 2021, 7:37 PM ET

Speaking Tuesday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the league does not have the necessary information to put Texans QB Deshaun Watson on the commissioner's exempt list.

That confirms Watson is eligible to play if he were to be traded, as has been the rumor around the league over the past week (and past few months, to be frank). The league appears to want no part of the Watson investigation, and it's one of the strangest situations in recent memory with Goodell and the NFL refusing to take action. There is no end in sight for this saga.

SOURCE: Dan Graziano on Twitter
Oct 26, 2021, 7:33 PM ET

The Houston Chronicle reported on Tuesday that the Dolphins and Texans have agreed to terms on a trade for QB Deshaun Watson, but the Dolphins want clarity on his legal issues before going through with it.

That means there is no timeline on when Watson could be a Dolphin, as there is no end in sight for his legal issues. Regardless, it's interesting to confirm that there have been talks and potentially even an agreement between the two sides on a deal to send Watson to Miami, even if nothing is imminent on account of the accusations levied toward the quarterback.

SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter
Oct 26, 2021, 7:37 PM ET

Speaking Tuesday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the league does not have the necessary information to put Texans QB Deshaun Watson on the commissioner's exempt list.

That confirms Watson is eligible to play if he were to be traded, as has been the rumor around the league over the past week (and past few months, to be frank). The league appears to want no part of the Watson investigation, and it's one of the strangest situations in recent memory with Goodell and the NFL refusing to take action. There is no end in sight for this saga.

SOURCE: Dan Graziano on Twitter
Oct 26, 2021, 7:33 PM ET

lolz. So I assume Tua will be an inactive until the trade is finalised?

NFL Insider Josina Anderson reports the Dolphins have not met Houston's asking price for Deshaun Watson.
This contradicts a report from The Houston Chronicle, which reported the only hold up was the Dolphins wanting more clarity on Watson's legal situation. That is unlikely to come until the offseason, but Roger Goodell's comments on Tuesday suggested the league would not put Watson on the exempt list even if he is traded, seemingly giving Miami a little more security if they choose to make the deal. The trade deadline is next Tuesday. Expect several more contradictory reports between now and then as both sides angle for the best possible deal.
SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter
Oct 27, 2021, 12:12 PM ET

Tua Tagovailoa: I don’t not feel wanted by the Dolphins

Posted by Josh Alper on October 27, 2021, 1:58 PM EDT

The last two weeks have featured a lot of chatter about the Dolphins potentially making a trade for quarterback Deshaun Watson and that’s left the team’s current quarterback to answer questions about how the chatter is affecting him.

Miami drafted Tua Tagovailoa with the fifth-overall pick in the 2020 draft, but a move for Watson would mean that he’d have to move elsewhere to continue being a starting quarterback. On Wednesday, Tagovailoa was asked if he feels like the Dolphins don’t want him to be their quarterback.

“I don’t not feel wanted,” Tagovailoa said, via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post.
Head coach Brian Flores has said repeatedly that Tagovailoa “is our quarterback” and Tagovailoa said on Wednesday that he has “the utmost confidence and trust” that he is the quarterback in Miami. He should have that feeling because he is indisputably the quarterback of the Dolphins right now. The future could be different, however, and speculation about Watson isn’t likely to go anywhere as long as the Dolphins are losing and Watson remains on the Texans.

Tua Tagovailoa: I don’t not feel wanted by the Dolphins

Posted by Josh Alper on October 27, 2021, 1:58 PM EDT

The last two weeks have featured a lot of chatter about the Dolphins potentially making a trade for quarterback Deshaun Watson and that’s left the team’s current quarterback to answer questions about how the chatter is affecting him.

Miami drafted Tua Tagovailoa with the fifth-overall pick in the 2020 draft, but a move for Watson would mean that he’d have to move elsewhere to continue being a starting quarterback. On Wednesday, Tagovailoa was asked if he feels like the Dolphins don’t want him to be their quarterback.

“I don’t not feel wanted,” Tagovailoa said, via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post.
Head coach Brian Flores has said repeatedly that Tagovailoa “is our quarterback” and Tagovailoa said on Wednesday that he has “the utmost confidence and trust” that he is the quarterback in Miami. He should have that feeling because he is indisputably the quarterback of the Dolphins right now. The future could be different, however, and speculation about Watson isn’t likely to go anywhere as long as the Dolphins are losing and Watson remains on the Texans.

Sit out Tua, * em, they have treated you like s**t here, handled this whole situation about a bad as an organisation can.

Demand a trade, dont play another snap for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sit out Tua, fu** em, they have treated you like sh*t here, handled this whole situation about a bad as an organisation can.

Demand a trade, dont play another snap for them.
Or worse. Tank like your life depends on it for the number one pick (which the Dolphins have traded away to the Eagles).

Sent from my SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We'll finish near .500 imo

On what basis? The offense has been better the last two weeks but have played noob defences, the defense is playing like utter trash.

Dolphins literally have nothing going for them at all. Will be lucky to win 4 games imo.

On what basis? The offense has been better the last two weeks but have played noob defences, the defense is playing like utter trash.

Dolphins literally have nothing going for them at all. Will be lucky to win 4 games imo.
Motivated just to make the eagles pick late as possible ...also....lost many games due to brissett, tua has been much better, lost two close games.

Motivated just to make the eagles pick late as possible ...also....lost many games due to brissett, tua has been much better, lost two close games.

Yea, against the Jags and Falcons (at home). That form doesn't impress me. Brissett would have looked better against them too.

We'll get pumped this week but moving forward will string some wins. At me later.

I said this disaster of a dolphins season was coming in the Bold predictions thread, my first post im pretty sure , congratulations @ me

I said this disaster of a dolphins season was coming in the Bold predictions thread, my first post im pretty sure , congratulations @ me
For sure, and :clapping: but we can always improve, be motivated for that pick and their own jobs, and string sone wins. End up say 15th overall pick rather than 3rd

Dolphins deal for Deshaun Watson bogged down when Texans raised price

Posted by Mike Florio on October 31, 2021, 9:22 PM EDT

A week ago, the Texans and Dolphins were closing in on a deal for quarterback Deshaun Watson. Per multiple sources, the Dolphins wanted Watson to settle the 22 civil lawsuits accusing him of sexual misconduct during massage therapy sessions. Per multiple sources, once the Texans caught wind of the growing possibility that the 22 civil lawsuits would be settled, their price for Watson went up.

With no deal ever in place (and the Dolphins would concede that a deal was never reached), the Texans were free to ask for more, if/when they sensed that the Dolphins would be getting Watson with one of the two major branches of his legal portfolio resolved. (The 10 pending criminal complaints will remain in place until a grand jury decides whether to charge Watson.)

The increased demands caused the talks to crater. Now, the primary impediment is the gap between what the Texans want and what the Dolphins will offer. That could change as the deadline arrives, because in the NFL and most other businesses deadlines drive action.
If a trade is done, the expectation is that Watson will get the 22 civil cases settled. If a trade doesn’t happen, it’s expected that the civil cases won’t be resolved, at least not for now.

Either way, the deadline arrives on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET. Obviously, it will happen by then. Or it won’t.

Texans are being arseholes, this is what happens when you dont commit either way like the Dolphins, got what they deserved.

Niners winning yesterday probably what the Texans changed their mind on, were happy to accept their first round pick last week, now not so much. Want more.

The excuses are fast running out especially now that Brady era with the patriots is over. At least with brady dominating it was able to be accepted to an extent 17 years of misery.

I feel they are in a worse state now then when flores started with less hope on the horizon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back