Teams Miami Dolphins - The Fins

Remove this Banner Ad

Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel said that rookie QB Skylar Thompson has "opened eyes" and it's become "tricky" to consider stashing him on the practice squad.​

Thompson completed 7-of-10 passes for 103 yards and three touchdowns in the preseason finale against Philadelphia, and finished the preseason with a line of 36-for-48 with five touchdown passes and zero interceptions. It sure looks like the Dolphins found a steal in the seventh round -- at least as a potential backup if not more.

NFL World Reacts To Troubling Tua Tagovailoa Quote​

Matt Audilet - Yesterday 5:34 AM

Tua Tagovailoa didn't exactly inspire confidence with recent comments about his lack of size.

During a press conference on Thursday morning, the Dolphins QB admitted that his stature keeps him from seeing a significant portion of the field.

"I can't see because I'm not the biggest guy out there," he said. "If I can't see you and you can't see me, I can't get you the ball."

The NFL world took to Twitter to react to this admission.

"You can see his lack of vision on film, not a surprise. However, I have never heard a QB make a statement like this, or state that their WRs have to find a line of sight," one fan wrote.

"If I’m a GM I’m not even looking at a QB unless he’s 6”2 or over and under 6”7," another added.

"Tyreek Hill really left to play with this guy," another said.

Standing 6-foot-1, Tua is one of the shortest quarterbacks in the league — ahead of just Kyler Murray (5-foot-10) and Russell Wilson (5-foot-11).

In the Dolphins' Week 1 victory over the Patriots, Tua completed 23/33 passes for 270 yards and one touchdown. Miami will face off against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.

In his third NFL season, Tua has a great deal of pressure to prove his worth as a starting quarterback in the league.

NFL World Reacts To Troubling Tua Tagovailoa Quote​

Matt Audilet - Yesterday 5:34 AM

Tua Tagovailoa didn't exactly inspire confidence with recent comments about his lack of size.

During a press conference on Thursday morning, the Dolphins QB admitted that his stature keeps him from seeing a significant portion of the field.

"I can't see because I'm not the biggest guy out there," he said. "If I can't see you and you can't see me, I can't get you the ball."

The NFL world took to Twitter to react to this admission.

"You can see his lack of vision on film, not a surprise. However, I have never heard a QB make a statement like this, or state that their WRs have to find a line of sight," one fan wrote.

"If I’m a GM I’m not even looking at a QB unless he’s 6”2 or over and under 6”7," another added.

"Tyreek Hill really left to play with this guy," another said.

Standing 6-foot-1, Tua is one of the shortest quarterbacks in the league — ahead of just Kyler Murray (5-foot-10) and Russell Wilson (5-foot-11).

In the Dolphins' Week 1 victory over the Patriots, Tua completed 23/33 passes for 270 yards and one touchdown. Miami will face off against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.

In his third NFL season, Tua has a great deal of pressure to prove his worth as a starting quarterback in the league.

I don't mind the quote his admitting something most of us should of realized. I'd rather he not throw the ball to guys he can't see limits the risks of interceptions. Plus it helps explains for such a small guy he doesn't have many getting tipped balls by defensive line which is good.

I don't mind the quote his admitting something most of us should of realized. I'd rather he not throw the ball to guys he can't see limits the risks of interceptions. Plus it helps explains for such a small guy he doesn't have many getting tipped balls by defensive line which is good.
I can't help but think it's an overstated thing tho, height for a QB. I mean, the difference between 6'0 and 6'2 (which is considered base optimal) is just two inches. Show two inches between your thumb and index finger. It's literally nothing, or nothing drastic that would suddenly make a difference. If all OLmen are like 6'5+ it doesn't matter if you're 6'0 or 6'2 or 6'3.

This awesome if you havent seen it... love the reaction on McDoniel's face in the rooms after the game...

CINEMATIC RECAP | MIAMI DOLPHINS COMEBACK WIN AGAINST THE RAVENS​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tua Tagovailoa (concussion/neck) traveled back with teammates after Thursday's loss to the Bengals and is scheduled for an MRI on his neck Friday, Josina Anderson of CBS Sports reports.

Tagovailoa traveled back with the team while wearing a neck brace, but initial testing revealed that he hasn't suffered any broken bones. Mike Garafolo of NFL Network reports that that current indications about the quarterback are positive, while Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald confirms that Tagovailoa is now officially in the league's concussion protocol and will continue to be monitored closely. Teddy Bridgewater will be in line to start Week 5 versus the Jets if Tagovailoa isn't able to reach full medical clearance over the next 10 days, and there's no question that the 24-year-old's long-term health ought to be Miami's top concern.

Coach Mike McDaniel relayed Friday that he has no timetable for when Tagovailoa, who is in the NFL's concussion protocol, might be able to return to action, ESPN.com reports.

"I'm not even really thinking about timetables or anything regarding him as a player right now," McDaniel said of Tagovailoa, who was stretchered off the field during Thursday's game against the Bengals. "It's all about Tua the person." For now, the Dolphins are awaiting the results of an MRI that Tagovailoa underwent, but given what's transpired in the last two games the QB has played in, look for the team to proceed cautiously with Tagovailoa ahead of Miami's Week 5 contest against the Jets on Oct. 9. If Tagovailoa is sidelined at that time, Teddy Bridgewater would be in line to start in his place versus New York.

Tua Tagovailoa (concussion) has received 'clean' results on all medical examinations, including an MRI on his neck, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Tagovailoa remains in the league's concussion protocol, but he's at least avoided suffering any fractures in his neck or similar injuries. Coach Mike McDaniel has declined to offer an expected recovery timetable for the third-year quarterback, per Marcel Louis-Jacques of ESPN.com, saying "it's all about Tua the person." Teddy Bridgewater would be in line to start Week 5 versus the Jets if Tagovailoa is unavailable, and it certainly seems likely that the Dolphins will proceed cautiously with his recovery. Per Adam Schefter of ESPN, Tagovailoa is expected to be interviewed next week as part of the NFL's and NFLPA's investigation into his having been cleared to retake the field Week 3 versus the Bills. Cameron Wolfe of NFL Network reports that the unaffiliated neurotrama consultant involved in clearing Tagovailoa versus Buffalo has been fired as a result of the NFLPA's initial findings.

:(

Brandon Jones - Headed to IR
an hour ago via Rotowire
Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said Monday that Jones (knee) will be placed on injured reserve, Cameron Wolfe of NFL Network reports.
Analysis:The move isn't official yet, but it appears like Jones is headed for injured reserve. McDaniel refrained from calling Jones' knee injury season ending, but he did say it didn't look good. Once he's moved to IR, he'll be forced to miss at least four games, but it sounds like he could be sidelined even longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back