Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins, LFC, NY Rangers
It's a bold strategy ...

I get that you don't want dicks on your team. but honestly, how can you not with so many personalities on a roster?

Dolphins have done this before recently ... look how they got rid of Richie Incognito for example, but it didn't work then, and probably won't work now. And replacing the bad eggs in the team with blokes that Gase knows - Cutler, Osweiler? Give me a break.

I don't like to be negative on the Dolphins, but I really can't see how any of the guys we have brought in improve us as a team? Maybe Albert Wilson will be a good get, but will he be better than Landry?

Frank Gore ... what is he? 50? And does he become #1 RB at the expense of Drake who looked decent after Ajayi left

Honestly, we have lost too much talent and whilst we weren't a winning team with that talent surely it is the role of the coach to harness that and get them to buy in to what they are selling. On the roster I only see two guys now with genuine pro bowl talent - Wake who is as old as Gore. And Reshad Jones

Kenny Stills has talent. Tannehill on a good day looks good, but those days don't happen as much as they should and there must be doubts about his return from injury. There is a lot of meh when you look at the roster.

It's a long way from Victoria to Miami, but it is patently obvious where Dolphins need to improve. Linebackers are horrendous. Strengthen O-line. And for Christs sake, find a tight end!

Arghh! rant over. For now (to be honest I am looking forward to next season as I am heading to the States in Nov/Dec, so eagerly awaiting to fixture release!)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Albert Wilson: I get the opportunity to do everything
Posted by Josh Alper on August 8, 2018, 7:12 AM EDT
ap_18218776103153-e1533726759122.jpg

AP

When talking about wide receiver Albert Wilson in late July, Dolphins coach Adam Gase said that the team was still “finding exactly what his role is going to be” during the 2018 season.

Some of the difficulty would seem to stem from the presence of Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker and Danny Amendola in the wide receiver group along with Wilson, who signed a three-year, $24 million deal with the team as a free agent this offseason. Some of the solution seems to be viewing Wilson as more than just a receiver.

Wilson said that he expects to line up all over the field, including in the backfield, and also said that Gase’s uncertainty about the plan might have been overstated given the pitch Wilson got as a free agent.

“Coach Gase showed me the game plan and all the things he could do with me, and there was no question,” Wilson said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “Here, I get the opportunity to do everything — play outside, inside, run the ball a little bit. To line up everywhere and play multiple positions and be able to be with a young energized great offensive mind.”

Reporters are encouraged not to pass on specifics, but Jackson reports “several gimmicky, creative plays involving Wilson have netted substantial gains in practice” so it seems the team has ideas about how to make the best use of Wilson’s versatility. Executing them effectively would add a positive wrinkle to their offense this season.

Elvis

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
and here we go again with a new season about to commence for the NFL's most irrelevant team

5 - 11 is my guess for the year. Can't help but feel that we missed a trick last year when Tannehill went down to just take our medicine and be in a prime spot to grab a QB in the draft, but nah, we had to go ahead and pick up Cutler who took us to an underwhelming 6 wins.

anyhow despite my pessimism, I'm sure I will get sucked in again and * up my Monday's at work by getting up in the middle of the night to watch us

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
and here we go again with a new season about to commence for the NFL's most irrelevant team

5 - 11 is my guess for the year. Can't help but feel that we missed a trick last year when Tannehill went down to just take our medicine and be in a prime spot to grab a QB in the draft, but nah, we had to go ahead and pick up Cutler who took us to an underwhelming 6 wins.

anyhow despite my pessimism, I'm sure I will get sucked in again and **** up my Monday's at work by getting up in the middle of the night to watch us
Dolphins will be surprisingly good this season. No worse than 8-8.

Elvis

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dolphins will be surprisingly good this season. No worse than 8-8.

Post reported. Surely it is against Bigfooty rules to get ones hopes up like that.

I think Amendola is just gonna be Landry Lite. Drake will be our best player. Fitzpatrick, Jones, Wake, Howard will all be great on defence. I think when Kiko Alonso is your best linebacker you are in really terrible state. For Christ sake, he is lining up on the other teams bench during preseason.

I hope you are right GG, but I just cant see us scoring enough to get 8 wins

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Post reported. Surely it is against Bigfooty rules to get ones hopes up like that.

I think Amendola is just gonna be Landry Lite. Drake will be our best player. Fitzpatrick, Jones, Wake, Howard will all be great on defence. I think when Kiko Alonso is your best linebacker you are in really terrible state. For Christ sake, he is lining up on the other teams bench during preseason.

I hope you are right GG, but I just cant see us scoring enough to get 8 wins
Wilson-Stills are a good combination. Drake is very good. Gesicki might come on. The O is average. Like 16th out of 32 teams type. To me. But the D should be very good. Really liking the D. Should be a top 10 unit. On the basis of a dominant D, the wins will come and the O won't have to perform magic tricks every game. Eight wins is just a modest prediction. Nine or ten wins not out of the question.

Elvis

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I knew we would be awesome this year. Didn't I say that the other day?

Anyhow now that this years SuperBowl is in the bag, I guess we should be thinking back to back

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Howdy. I keep meaning to come over here and say g'day.

How good is life?

Massive, massive game this week. If we can get the DUB at Pats, it really puts them in a hole at 1-3, but more importantly gives us a 3 game break on them.

Huuuuge game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elvis

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Was calamitous at times, but a W is a W.

I legit thought 5 wins would be it this year, and really after being 17 nil up last week we should be there now! Very pleasing

I'm off to the states next month, and betraying my AFC East principles was going to see Pats vs Jets being in New York at the time, but now I am half considering doing a mini trip to fit in a Fins game.

Options would be to go to Indianapolis, or go to Miami to see Bills. My problem would be missing out on Rangers hockey (Boy do I know how to pick teams to follow!)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was calamitous at times, but a W is a W.

I legit thought 5 wins would be it this year, and really after being 17 nil up last week we should be there now! Very pleasing

I'm off to the states next month, and betraying my AFC East principles was going to see Pats vs Jets being in New York at the time, but now I am half considering doing a mini trip to fit in a Fins game.

Options would be to go to Indianapolis, or go to Miami to see Bills. My problem would be missing out on Rangers hockey (Boy do I know how to pick teams to follow!)
Try to see all three?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Adam Gase on Laremy Tunsil Pro Bowl snub: “He’s the best tackle in football”
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 20, 2018, 5:14 AM EST
GettyImages-1023457732-e1545300845268.jpg

Getty Images

Dolphins coach Adam Gase is not happy that his left tackle, Laremy Tunsil, didn’t make the Pro Bowl.

“I think he’s the best tackle in football,” Gase said, via the Miami Herald. “I was shocked. Because without him, we can’t do anything. He’s on an island every play, every game. And he knows it. You tell him, ‘This is what we’re doing protection-wise. You’re on your own.’”

Tunsil thought the Dolphins’ lack of national television appearances may have kept his name off people’s minds.

“Y’all tell me,” Tunsil said. “I don’t know. I really don’t know. I guess I’m not that popular. . . . It doesn’t matter. It does, but s— happens. It happens. They’re all great players. I wish them the best and continue to go from there.”

Tunsil is in his third season after the Dolphins chose him in the first round of the 2016 NFL draft, and the fact that his coach thinks he’s the best in the NFL ought to mean more to him than a Pro Bowl.

Elvis

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
It's taken some time for anyone to recognise Xavien Howard, so maybe it takes some time to recognise Tunsil.

In any event, its hard to make a case for anyone on our offensive line when our QB was sacked 9 times last week

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dolphins file trademark application for “Miami Miracle”
Posted by Charean Williams on December 20, 2018, 5:02 PM EST
GettyImages-1070845362-e1545343345223.jpg

Getty Images

The Dolphins are seeking trademark protection for the use of “Miami Miracle” or any variation of the phrase, including MIAMIRACLE.

The Dolphins filed paperwork Friday with the U.S. Patent and Trademark office to own the phrase commercially, Josh Gerben, a sports business lawyer in South Florida, tweeted, via Florida Football Insiders. It would allow the team exclusivity in merchandising, among other things.

The phrase “Miami Miracle” quickly caught fire on social media after Kenyan Drake scored on the final play in Week 14 to stun the Patriots. The 69-yard touchdown included two laterals.

The Dolphins’ filing is not unusual in sports.

Former Lakers coach Pat Riley owns the rights to “Three-peat,” prohibiting anyone from using that phrase or variations of it commercially.

The Seahawks reached an agreement with Texas A&M in 2006 after the college took legal action against the NFL franchise for its use of 12th Man, which A&M federally trademarked in 1990. The sides reached a new licensing agreement in 2016, limiting the Seahawks’ use to “12” or “12s.”

In September, Dolphins rookie defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick created an uproar when he filed to trademark “Fitzmagic” after quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick‘s early season success in Tampa Bay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back