Teams Miami Dolphins - The Fins

Remove this Banner Ad

Fitzmagic and Rosen ... not sure how to feel. On the positive side I think we basically got a free shot to see whether Rosen has the chops to be a quarterback or not. We know that Fitzpatrick can do as a QB.

I guess my worry is that in the inevitable rebuild that we must go on, is this taking a short cut that produces a few wins net year that takes us out of contention for picking a QB in next years draft?

From reading the reports, Cards wanted our pick 48, but our front office baulked at that to trade down to 62 and next year second. We then give up that pick 62 for the Rosen trade, as well as a pick in the fifth round next year (for which we currently have an abundance of picks). I was impressed - have we learnt how to trade???

We probably could have fleeced the Cards a bit more seeing that they lost all leverage drafting Murray, and other teams needing QB's were not interested, but I am just happy to that we were savvy enough to protect draft position next year.

Gonna be an interesting season next year - we really got to stay the course on the rebuild, so its going to be s**t watching us lose all the time but if it will get the stench from the Tannenbaum era then it will be worth it to give the new regime a chance.

Fitzmagic and Rosen ... not sure how to feel. On the positive side I think we basically got a free shot to see whether Rosen has the chops to be a quarterback or not. We know that Fitzpatrick can do as a QB.

I guess my worry is that in the inevitable rebuild that we must go on, is this taking a short cut that produces a few wins net year that takes us out of contention for picking a QB in next years draft?

From reading the reports, Cards wanted our pick 48, but our front office baulked at that to trade down to 62 and next year second. We then give up that pick 62 for the Rosen trade, as well as a pick in the fifth round next year (for which we currently have an abundance of picks). I was impressed - have we learnt how to trade???

We probably could have fleeced the Cards a bit more seeing that they lost all leverage drafting Murray, and other teams needing QB's were not interested, but I am just happy to that we were savvy enough to protect draft position next year.

Gonna be an interesting season next year - we really got to stay the course on the rebuild, so its going to be s**t watching us lose all the time but if it will get the stench from the Tannenbaum era then it will be worth it to give the new regime a chance.

From Fitzpatrick we will either get those spurts of Romo genius or 6 picks a game. Lets go baby.

The Dolphins played this one very smart.

Rosen will start for them in 2019.

Even if he crashes, they can tank for Tagovailoa (who's a gun!), cut Rosen, and not take much of a cap hit as the Cardinals absorb almost all of his entire rookie signing bonus against THEIR cap.

If he plays well: the Dolphins have picked up a first round talent for a late second rounder.

I've been impressed with Chris Grier since taking over, he's made some good moves.

Josh Rosen gets to work with fourth offensive coordinator of his NFL career
Posted by Mike Florio on May 3, 2019, 11:09 PM EDT

Already on his second NFL team, Dolphins quarterback Josh Rosen also is on his fourth NFL offensive coordinator.
Yes, his fourth.
The progression has gone from Mike McCoy to Byron Leftwich to Tom Clements in Arizona, and now to Chad O’Shea in Miami.
“It encourages some mental gymnasticsand the more you train it and the more you work it, I think the better you get at it,” Rosen said, via Hal Habib of the Palm Beach Post.
The Miami offense under O’Shea, the former Patriots receivers coach, becomes the latest that Rosen has to learn.
“I’m trying to break down this playbook as quickly as I can,” Rosen said.
Rosen also will be working with Jim Caldwell, the assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach and Jerry Schuplinski, the assistant quarterbacks coach. And also Hall of Famer Dan Marino, a Dolphins executive who has a hand in the quarterback situation with the team for which he starred.
“We’ve got a lot of great minds in there from a lot of different backgrounds,” Rosen said. “I think we’ve got a really good room. Hopefully it’s going to be an indicator of a lot of success.”
Rosen will need to have a lot of success, or the Dolphins could do next year what the Cardinals did this year, drafting a quarterback who supplants Rosen, and who potentially triggers another trade of a guy who would then be on offensive coordinator No. 5.

*******Hell ... these next 2 drafts better be stacked. No confidence that the Dolphins front office will know how to find someone

I feel like this season will be a better one emotionally for supporters. At least we know they're not trying to win and will likely go 0-16. But as you point out Elvin, talent ID and building a good team is nothing something the fins are known for.

I like the complete cleanout, it needed to happen, but it worries me that we're a year early to get Trevor Lawrence.

According Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports, "multiple" Dolphins players contacted their agents seeking trades following Sunday's blowout loss to Baltimore.
If Miami's tanking agenda wasn't obvious before, it sure was during Sunday's 59-10 defeat, a loss made more embarrassing by the fact it occurred on the Dolphins' home turf. Apparently that was the final straw for a few unnamed Dolphins, who reportedly want no part of what figures to be a lengthy rebuild in South Beach. First-year coach Brian Flores is in for the long haul, but it doesn't sound like everyone in the organization is quite on board with Miami's painfully transparent tanking efforts. Unfortunately for the Dolphins, their fans and all of our collective eye sockets, this team still has 15 games of unwatchable football ahead of it.
SOURCE: Dov Kleiman on Twitter
Sep 8, 2019, 9:27 PM ET

According Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports, "multiple" Dolphins players contacted their agents seeking trades following Sunday's blowout loss to Baltimore.
If Miami's tanking agenda wasn't obvious before, it sure was during Sunday's 59-10 defeat, a loss made more embarrassing by the fact it occurred on the Dolphins' home turf. Apparently that was the final straw for a few unnamed Dolphins, who reportedly want no part of what figures to be a lengthy rebuild in South Beach. First-year coach Brian Flores is in for the long haul, but it doesn't sound like everyone in the organization is quite on board with Miami's painfully transparent tanking efforts. Unfortunately for the Dolphins, their fans and all of our collective eye sockets, this team still has 15 games of unwatchable football ahead of it.
SOURCE: Dov Kleiman on Twitter
Sep 8, 2019, 9:27 PM ET

Lmao. I saw the Ravens were paying 1.38 or something before the game. That was legitimately free money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was even worse than I could have imagined! Jesus. Sports has the tendency to just repeatedly kick you in the nuts ... that's it, I'm going for the Harlem Globetrotters from now

Dolphins DB Minkah Fitzpatrick was granted permission to seek a trade.
It's hardly shocking Miami's 2018 first-rounder sought a way out after playing six different positions this offseason, weak side and strong side linebacker included. Fitzpatrick allowed an airtight 53.4 passer rating in the slot last year but stayed jostling from corner to the front-seven in Miami's season opener as the new regime continued toying with alignments and personnel. A former Thorpe Award recipient as the nation's top defensive back at Alabama, there will be a number of suitors bending over backwards to take on Fitzpatrick's remaining $13.45 million for the next three seasons.
SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter
Sep 12, 2019, 11:52 PM ET

Dolphins want to change Minkah's role - Minkah wants to change team
This dude is suffering the classic "jack of all trades, master of none" on top of his sophomore slump.

I wish they'd stop moving this kid around. I'm pretty sure he could be a very good player but they just won't leave him alone in one spot. Some people have two jobs and after a while they can't do neither one very good cause is too much for them to handle it mentally. Now our coaches want smart players but how much are they going to throw at this kid?

"Next player to ask for a trade...."
Harris: "I want to be traded away from this team"

Grier: "Why"

Harris: "They're trying to use me as a pass rusher knowing damn well I can't do that"

Re: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article234952332.html

Ross has nobody to blame but himself. But yeah, when the least football knowledgeable owner is making better decisions than the GM, there is a serious problem.

The Miami DC also confirmed they game-planned the Ravens entirely to stop the run....

-=================-

Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected
gettyimages-1171028328.jpg

By: Brian Giuffra
September 10, 2019 3:30 pm ET

One game doesn’t make or break an NFL head coach, and it certainly shouldn’t lead to his immediate firing. But Brian Flores may have lost the Dolphins locker room after one game, and if that is indeed the case, which it certainly sounds like it is based on multiple reports, he could already be a dead coach walking.

In the span of a few hours on a sunny Sunday afternoon in Miami, Flores’ ability as a head coach was called into question and his players outwardly quit on him. Flores’ gameplan to challenge Lamar Jackson to throw it deep on his squad by playing without safety help over the top backfired tremendously, and Jackson torched Flores for that decision, exploding for 324 yards and five touchdowns. That Jackson needed only 17 competitions to reach those gaudy numbers speaks to the ease with which Jackson converted deep throws, all against a gameplan Flores had all offseason to work on.

Somehow the aftermath of the Dolphins’ 59-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens was even worse.

ProFootballTalk reported that multiple players reached out to their agents after the game and expressed their interest in being traded. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald later confirmed that report, saying more specifically three players expressed that desire. In both reports it stated players were upset with Flores’ game plan and questioned Miami’s desire to win this year, with some speculating they’re already playing out the string for the best draft pick possible in next year’s draft (hello, Tua!).

While Dolphins GM Chris Grier must shoulder most of the blame for this roster, and likely should also be canned (if the Dolphins desire is to compete and not tank), the fact remains that when players start questioning a coach’s gameplan and strategy, it never ends well. A coach-player relationship is predicated on trust– trust that the coach will put the player in the best position possible to succeed and trust from that coach that the player will perform in the moment. When that trust is broken, which seems to have happened already based on these reports, it’s nearly impossible to get it back.

Of course, that doesn’t automatically mean Flores should be fired. If anyone should go first, it’s probably Grier. But the NFL is also a tight-knit fraternity, and while the talent level in Miami isn’t high right now, word travels fast around the league. If players are saying these things after one game, there’s a good chance the chorus will grow louder and Flores may not be able to drown out the noise completely in Miami next year or moving forward. If that’s true, or if the Dolphins believe it’s true, he’s likely going to be a one-year hire.

Flores earned this position after working on the Patriots’ staff for 15 years. He learned from Bill Belichick and earned other head coaching interviews before landing with the Dolphins last year.

The former Boston College linebacker did it all the hard way, moving up from scouting assistant to scout to special teams assistant to stints as a coach for different defensive positions. While one game doesn’t take all of that away, and while one game doesn’t rest on his shoulder alone, coaches often have to shoulder the blame, and it seems in Miami that blame is being put (unfairly) on the coach. It may already be too late to save him.

The real reason people here are unhappy is because the team hasn’t won a Super Bowl in 45 years, hasn’t been in a Super Bowl in 34 years, hasn’t been in position to advance to the Super Bowl in 26 years, and hasn’t even won a playoff game in almost 20 years. And none of that’s changing for several more seasons at least.

It's easy to pile on the sheer shiitness of the Dolphins. So I will. just a rabble, from the top down. the backlash after week one was unbelievable, but its hard to see how it wont get worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back