Miami Heat-wagon thread

Remove this Banner Ad

J Rich is an interesting mention. All of this is happening, we're seeing the start of a transition season and beginning to see how each player fits in and we really have no idea how Josh will go. He should be only a week or so away if my estimation is close.
it could be argued that he's the safest bet of the young crop (if we're not counting Whiteside). Can space the floor, great defender and can get up above the rim. Big fan

I'm convinced we have the second tier pieces to be a good team again.

We also have a dominant center.

We just need to find that superstar/scorer to round us out.

Do you have anyone in free agency in mind? Westbrook would've been huge but not to be, not yet anyway. I wouldn't mind going back be draft. Winslow at #10 was good, hopefully something as good this year in the first round. Don't have a second.

Do you have anyone in free agency in mind? Westbrook would've been huge but not to be, not yet anyway. I wouldn't mind going back be draft. Winslow at #10 was good, hopefully something as good this year in the first round. Don't have a second.
On paper the team might be a lottery team but they seem to have a bit of talent to do better than that.

On paper the team might be a lottery team but they seem to have a bit of talent to do better than that.
i reckon we can have a very positive year with this young team, say... 30 wins, so a pick that could still end up pretty good. Then you've got an emerging young heat team with a top 10 pick, max cap space and the potential to move an enticing Dragic contract. We could contend by next year

i reckon we can have a very positive year with this young team, say... 30 wins, so a pick that could still end up pretty good. Then you've got an emerging young heat team with a top 10 pick, max cap space and the potential to move an enticing Dragic contract. We could contend by next year

Isn't our first rounder only a top 7 protected pick from the Dragic deal?

J Rich had a bloody impressive game as did Winslow (albeit I feel no more confident about the future of his jumper) against the bulls.

Honestly I thought we played damn good basketball. Defended hard down the stretch. Moved the ball in the half court it's just our shots didn't go down.

Watching all three of Ty Jo, J Rich and Winslow whip the ball around or stripping/blocking dudes up the other end is a nice little pleasure of this season

seeing a really encouraging offensive game from J Rich v the Jazz right now. I've heard Zach Lowe say he was last year's draft's version of Rodney Hood- and that's being supported by what i'm seeing. We've done very well with him. Also Winslow's nous and passing showing through too, back in my good books.

James Johnson's been impressive as a playmaking 4 too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see how this season will end up already. Just not happening now, lose a lot of games, get it together in the second half of the season and screw up the draft pick.
but then we'd nail the actual selection at the draft.

poor effort in the 3rd today after encouraging signs.

Not too bothered by what i'm seeing. Great ball movement and intent offensively but we don't really have someone who can just put it in the bucket. Hello FA cap space and hello top 5 pick

The major problem at the moment is closing. Before today, with less than five minutes to go the Heat have either been up or down by no more than five and the only victory was against the Kings which needed overtime. Once this is sorted they'll be fine and it may be too late which guarantees a good pick.

The major problem at the moment is closing. Before today, with less than five minutes to go the Heat have either been up or down by no more than five and the only victory was against the Kings which needed overtime. Once this is sorted they'll be fine and it may be too late which guarantees a good pick.
no doubt. watching the offence down the stretch against the bulls, we were defending well and playing sound schematic offence, but we didn't have a guy who's just so good that he can put it in the hole like CB, LBJ or D Wade have been able to in the last couple years

I think there was a lot of positive in this one v Atlanta. Epic defence, lots of scoring from J Rich which will be important and Whiteside kind of woke up finally from being a dips**t lately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back