Miami Heat-wagon thread

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
Time for a new thread to discuss all things Heat related.

-Free Agency
-Draftees
-History
-Regular Season & Playoffs

Le Bron fans welcome - let's just hope this thread doesn't self-combust though if he ever leaves.

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

The Anchorite

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2010
The Desert
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure where to put this but thought it was pretty funny Clarke dobbing in a few of his team-mates for jumping on the bandwagon.

Clarke admits he was also happy to see Miami and its famed ‘big three’ go down after a number of Freo teammates had jumped on the bandwagon.

“There are quite a few new additions over the past couple of years,” Clarke said.

“Matt de Boer, Danyle Pearce, Michael Johnson and Stephen Hill all have pretty fresh Miami outfits.”​

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-07-03/zacs-hoop-dreams

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Apparently we did not lodge an offer to Lowry or Gortat, as we are chasing more mid range talent/capped players.

Anthony Morrow, Vince Carter appear to be targets.
(Per Ira Winderman)

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Apparently we did not lodge an offer to Lowry or Gortat, as we are chasing more mid range talent/capped players.

Anthony Morrow, Vince Carter appear to be targets.
(Per Ira Winderman)
Morrow would be a good fit. Carter not so sure. Would like but we are already a bunch of senile old bastards. :p

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Yeah I'd like to see some youth added, perhaps a young buck high leaping forward to go with Shabazza.

My theory is Riles is out there trying to find a swag of free agents, once he has them secured we can go back to the big 3 and say "we got these guys to help you, we have this much cap room left, are you in or out". It also seems we will give lengthy contracts to make up for loss of earnings over the next 2 years, where we will go all out for rings again then just feel the pain thereafter, whilst we rebuild.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Yeah I'd like to see some youth added, perhaps a young buck high leaping forward to go with Shabazza.

My theory is Riles is out there trying to find a swag of free agents, once he has them secured we can go back to the big 3 and say "we got these guys to help you, we have this much cap room left, are you in or out". It also seems we will give lengthy contracts to make up for loss of earnings over the next 2 years, where we will go all out for rings again then just feel the pain thereafter, whilst we rebuild.
Thoughts on Pau?

Bobber

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Surely he wouldn't enjoy going back to the Lakers again, he needs a fresh team and I think the Heat or OKC would be a great fit, he could use his post up and passing to great effect

Would be happy if we can swing Morrow or Carter, Carter would be a solid backup for the next season or 2

BlueMaster1

Club Legend
May 12, 2013
Tas
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Braking news Leborn is going to play afl aha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 169
Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Some action overnight.

McRoberts - like it. He's the type of big guy we need who will play a role and bring energy.

Granger - less sold on this, but he's cheap, had a small run of health and does have some residual talent. He just needs to hit his outside shots, but we won't be expecting the old Granger (but it would be nice)

Things playing out as I thought now, filling the roster until we hit the point that the big 3 are all happy to sign up with the coin left, and with the support cast assembled.

Back