Miami Heat-wagon thread

Trade Winslow, Waiters, J.Johnson and a first rounder for him but keep Whiteside and TJ. Strange proposal.
The only way I would want Love is if we were giving up either TJ and/or Whiteside.

Why give up all our young assets on an injury prone big man who is 30 and hasn't proven he can make playoffs without LeBron.

Crazy stuff.

I’ve heard a couple of rumours today. With Houston; one of the Johnsons for Ryan Anderson which doesn’t really fix the cap issue as Anderson’s contract is terrible like Tyler’s, if not worse. The other was a trade with Cleveland; Whiteside for Tristan Kardashian and Korver.
Both terrible deals. All three of those players have two years left with Korver's being the only one that's actually moveable or atleast manageable.

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’ve heard a couple of rumours today. With Houston; one of the Johnsons for Ryan Anderson which doesn’t really fix the cap issue as Anderson’s contract is terrible like Tyler’s, if not worse. The other was a trade with Cleveland; Whiteside for Tristan Kardashian and Korver.
from what i understand the only reason a deal with houston would be done would be to get us out of the tax in the immediate. It'd be a johnson brother and someone else for Anderson (and potentially a first). It makes sense because we save money and Houston could actually use either of the Johnsons.

The Cleveland one i don't mind because it lets us play Kelly at the 5 and more easily develop Bam and Justise around Kelly's shooting. Whiteside we'd struggle to justify sitting on the bench because he'd whine and complain whereas Tristan would just be considered centre depth that we're not as married to. Korver's shooting alongside Ellington would make our offence materially better and, once again, justify a lot of minutes for Bam and Justise. That's a LOT of shooting.

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Exhausting Butler situation.

You can tell Riley REALLY wants him.

That’s fine, but he HAS to make a trade which retains enough flexibility to open up cap space next year or to trade for a secondary piece when the time is right.

That means Josh and a 1st plus salary or Josh and Bam plus bad salary have to be the final offers.

We need two of Bam, Justise, Josh and next year’s first remaining. Then we wait for the moment to find him a running partner.

We have to be prepared to walk away from the wolves wanting any more than that.

By next summer, Hassan, Dragic and Tyler become expirings, let’s not cook ourselves. Because Butler will be a very expensive contract

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Kelly O with the winner!
3o751T2KJXL92RlgaI.gif

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have watched this team a fair bit in the first few games and this roster is in all sorts

Aside from Richardson who I think will be star, there is absolutely nothing exciting going on in Miami

Whiteside is an absolute liability and Tyler Johnson and McGruder are just nothing players and it seems like dragon doesn't even wanna be there

That Whiteside deal was an absolute disaster and Tyler johnsons wasn't far behind

Will be lucky to get the 8 seed in a s**t east

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Have watched this team a fair bit in the first few games and this roster is in all sorts

Aside from Richardson who I think will be star, there is absolutely nothing exciting going on in Miami

Whiteside is an absolute liability and Tyler Johnson and McGruder are just nothing players and it seems like dragon doesn't even wanna be there

That Whiteside deal was an absolute disaster and Tyler johnsons wasn't far behind

Will be lucky to get the 8 seed in a s**t east

Richardson is good but I don't think he gets any better from here. He's 25 and was a second-round pick. Bam, on the other hand, I have high hopes for. Need to ideally get two high first rounders this season and next before handing over the 2021 first rounder. After next season, TJ and Whiteside don't have contracts so that should ease the tension.

Bobber

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone else sick of how average we are?
Got a log jam of average players at almost every position, got a tonne of Centres/Big Forwards, need to really clear the books and just start again unfortunately

Rapt Ellington is playing again, he makes us so much better and should be starting I think

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Anyone else sick of how average we are?
Got a log jam of average players at almost every position, got a tonne of Centres/Big Forwards, need to really clear the books and just start again unfortunately

Rapt Ellington is playing again, he makes us so much better and should be starting I think

I really want them to tank. I get more enjoyment out of losses because I know with each one Riley is closer to cutting his losses and accepting a rebuild.

Bobber

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Unfortunately I agree with you, if we dont finish top 4 then there is no point at all finishing 5th - 10th.... May as well just let Tyler Johnson play 40 minutes and get the top draft pick if possible

Do we even own our first draft pick this season?

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Unfortunately I agree with you, if we dont finish top 4 then there is no point at all finishing 5th - 10th.... May as well just let Tyler Johnson play 40 minutes and get the top draft pick if possible

Do we even own our first draft pick this season?

Have the first but not second in 2019 and 2020. No first or second in 2021.

Back