NCAA Miami Hurricanes Punishment

Remove this Banner Ad

I finally found the thread I was looking for, but I'm not bumping the 2011/12 NCAA general discussion thread to bring up a topic last stated on page 11 of a 38 page thread.

The punishment
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...an-lose-nine-scholarships-part-ncaa-sanctions
Athletic program placed on three years' probation
• Loss of nine football scholarships over three-year span (three each year)
• Self-imposed bowl bans in 2011-12, including not participating in 2012 ACC title game
• Loss of three basketball scholarships over three-year span (one each year)
• Former men's basketball coach Frank Haith (current Missouri coach) suspended for five games
• Former assistants Jorge Fernandez (basketball), Clint Hurtt (football) and Aubrey Hill (football) receive two-year show-cause penalty
• Any staff member who sends an impermissible text to a prospect will be fined a minimum of $100 per message, and coaches involved will be suspended from recruiting activities for seven days
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...an-lose-nine-scholarships-part-ncaa-sanctions

It's absolute bullshit. USC got hit harder despite them only doing it with 1 player? Miami boosters were giving stuff like parties, basketball tickets, jewellery, hookers, abortions for said Hookers who got knocked up by players amidst other transgressions.

Heck Miami basically got the same punishment as Boise State who were only buying recruits happy meals from McDonalds and letting players sleep on couches.

For all the good they did in punishing Penn State, they sure have ****ed it up by letting Oregon and Miami off the hook lightly. Absolute bullshit.

NCAA is a joke anyway. Not even going to bring up the arguments against why the players can't earn money from endorsements etc.
Player arguments are stupid. 'I want money to play'... Ahhhh, look at the value of your scholarship. Boise State's is $33,400 a year, Notre Dame's is $34,942. Stanford's is $56,920

You mean free education, housing and food isn't enough?
If they implement this 'pay to play' s**t, I hope scholarships are taken away. Give them $10,000 a year, probably what other students with part-time jobs have. Lets see them balance college life on such small money.

These student-athletes don't realise just how lucky they are.

Player arguments are stupid. 'I want money to play'... Ahhhh, look at the value of your scholarship. Boise State's is $33,400 a year, Notre Dame's is $34,942. Stanford's is $56,920

You mean free education, housing and food isn't enough?
If they implement this 'pay to play' s**t, I hope scholarships are taken away. Give them $10,000 a year, probably what other students with part-time jobs have. Lets see them balance college life on such small money.

These student-athletes don't realise just how lucky they are.

Not really pay to play but something for all the money the NCAA and Colleges bring in. An allowance is a good idea. A proper allowance.
There was the story a while back about how much a student gets and it's definitely not enough for a professional athlete.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back