News Mic'd up: Sanderson and his forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the energy Sando's bringing to the group, mind you that might just be a coach being mic'd up and getting to hear for once what they're saying to the players in terms of instruction (Link is the news).

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2017-01-13/micd-up-sanderson-and-his-forwards

Who did it better, Sando or Pando?

A lot of angst when he came over to us but I don’t see much wrong in the man. Doesn’t come across as a yes man and certainly not one that was chased out of a rival club.
What I like is how Sando seem to have gelled with a young player like De Goey.
Good signs.

Last edited:
A lot of angst when he came over to us but I don’t see much wrong in the man. Doesn’t come across as a yes man and certainly not one that was chased out of a rival club.
Good sig s.

Yeah I think he seems to have a good chemistry with the players. With de Goey, with Blair the other day, I think with Fas. Bringing the ruckus.

Good signs.

Sando was good with kids as he Showed when he was the Aussie U-18 Head Coach

Don't know if I've had to many ciders tonight but I really enjoyed the Sando spill!
Enjoyed most:
- The numbers on the track this time of year.
- Cox's mark even if it was over a first year in McLarty.
- WHE spoiling Lynch and then crumbing and running into open goal.
- Finally Moores' pack mark.
It could be just the pumpkin juice but brilliant! 8-}

Don't know if I've had to many ciders tonight but I really enjoyed the Sando spill!
Enjoyed most:
Ciders? Welcome to the ignore list

Enjoyed most:
+1 like for the cider.
-1 like for not mentioning the Grundy tackle

Enjoyed most:

Moore's Mark against 2 Players was Good One.

Cox showed he still needs work on his Ruck Work as he Missed Times it by a Mile

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be ready to step in to the care taker role.
Forget the might be. He is ready. For how long he will be care taking is another matter.
Question: he is our fwd line coach. So is JdG a fwd now? Or his Sanderson bonding with the youngsters for a post Bucks era? Or just helping JdG out with his kicking skills? Or all of the above?

Forget the might be. He is ready. For how long he will be care taking is another matter.
Question: he is our fwd line coach. So is JdG a fwd now? Or his Sanderson bonding with the youngsters for a post Bucks era? Or just helping JdG out with his kicking skills? Or all of the above?
If training on Wednesday was anything to go by, most of the mids train with the forward group too.

If training on Wednesday was anything to go by, most of the mids train with the forward group too.

and Defenders do as well.

Unless they are making McLarty a Forward

The defenders play on the forwards at training. That's why McLarty and (I think) Keeffe were there.

That what I mean. They train together as they need someone to play on. Dunn was also there

and Defenders do as well.

Unless they are making McLarty a Forward
I have a feeling that they want McLarty to be able to play at both ends at a pinch.
The defenders play on the forwards at training. That's why McLarty and (I think) Keeffe were there.
McLarty was participating in set shot practice with the forwards on Wednesday.

I have a feeling that they want McLarty to be able to play at both ends at a pinch.

McLarty was participating in set shot practice with the forwards on Wednesday.
It's good that he isn't being pigeonholed as a defender. Even though that's where I think he'll end up his highlights videos showed some very good work as a forward

It's good that he isn't being pigeonholed as a defender. Even though that's where I think he'll end up his highlights videos showed some very good work as a forward

I thought so too. At the End he did look quite good up Forward taking some Strong Marks

So far so good.
Enjoyed it.

Nothwithstansing club videos and stuff tend to be puff pieces, it was still lots of fun.

A fun environment who would have thunk it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back