Remove this Banner Ad

cdcanman

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Essendon would be a great fit. They need a big-bodied ball winner. 31 ain't too old. He's never relied on athleticism so don't expect any great drop off and won't need to adapt his game due to age. He's also missed so much footy (and started late) so doesn't have the mileage that a 31 y/o normally would. He won't cost much either. Low risk, high reward (potentially). Even if he gets injured (highly probable) and doesn't play a game, what would they have lost by rolling the dice?No brainer for mine

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Essendon would be a great fit. They need a big-bodied ball winner. 31 ain't too old. He's never relied on athleticism so don't expect any great drop off and won't need to adapt his game due to age. He's also missed so much footy (and started late) so doesn't have the mileage that a 31 y/o normally would. He won't cost much either. Low risk, high reward (potentially). Even if he gets injured (highly probable) and doesn't play a game, what would they have lost by rolling the dice?No brainer for mine
Was just thinking the same thing. Cherry on top sort of option

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

He finished 2nd in GC's pre-season 2km time trial whilst coming back from a broken leg FFS.

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
He'd be regretting his decision to go to the Gold Coast massively I'd say. How he wasn't in their 22 for most the season is beyond me though, touch and go whether another club picks him up.
Who else was chasing him after Freo got rid of him. From memory he didn't have a lot of options.

newblueo

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2014
echuca
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The problem was do you play barlow at inside mid or someone like a Brodie or Ainsworth?

Sound logic but a few times dew picked none of them lol

Barlow would be great at the bombers for a year as parish polishes off his mid craft an Barlow would be a upgrade on Myers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sprout

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 6, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, The Exers
Would any club throw him a lifeline? Leading possession getter in Round 23 against the Cats midfield. 30 years old.

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can't see why any club would pick him up.

To not get a game at Gold Coast is scathing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back