Other Teams
Liverpool
Barlow_run_246a.jpg

Details

Height: 189cm
Weight: 92kg
DOB: 18/12/87
Recruited from: Werribee (VIC)
Bio: Tall midfielder/forward whose ball-winning ability and clean hands in traffic are features of his game. Won the 2009 Fothergill-Round Medal for most promising young talent (U23) player in the VFL. VFL team of the year 2009. Had outstanding test results at Victorian screening session with a 2.89sec for 20m and level 14.12 beep test (top 5 per cent).

What the Club Says

He's a tall midfielder with very strong endurance - he does a 14-plus beep test. He also tested really well for speed. He's a running midfielder, so he'll suit our style of football and he also uses the ball really well. He'll play a midfield role and be able to pinch-hit forward at times. Two years in a row he's made the VFL team of the year, so he just needed an opportunity. He was as deserving as anyone in the rookie draft

Vision

[youtube]ldJOIKZ15os[/youtube]

Interview on Mayne Minutes

http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/230888

He will be a great addition to the Dockers list in season 2010 and beyond, great to see the guy finally being given a chance by an AFL club after being denied the opportunity to do so by St Kilda.

Haven't heard too much about how he is going so far this pre-season, so apologies for not posting up anything.

One thing I can say is that he will be wearing number 21 should be promoted off the rookie list and end up playing some games come season proper.

He would have to be definite started in the NAB Cup.

Freo only get to promote 1 rookie before the season start. I haven't heard much about Barlow so I would really like to know more. Is Barlow that far ahead of DeBoer that he would be promoted before him?

I thought DeBoer handled himself well last year. I liked his hard style of play and I thought he would be promoted to add a bit of grit in the guts.

Is Barlow that far ahead of DeBoer that he would be promoted before him?

The whole second rookie elevation issue is emerging as a serious bone of contention amongst supporters, with Barlow, DeBoer, Pearce and SoS pressing hard for the spot. I am sorely tempted to suspend judgement until the NAB Cup is done and dusted, so will only say that you don't need to worry about Van Berlo, Sibosado and Shepheard at this stage.

I guess we just have to wait to see what happens

Not a bad situation to be in, I'd be happy with any one of Barlow/De boer/Pearce/Silvagni being elevated and playing regular games if form warrants.

If DeBoer is playing WAFL then that can only mean we're having a good run injury wise. Gonna be watching a lot of WAFL this year though from the looks of it..

Swans: Pearce, Walters, Hinkley
Claremont: Fyfe, Sibosado, Bucovaz, Silvagni, DeBoer
Peel: Barlow, Morabito
Perth: Ruffles, Houghton, Bollgenhagen

Yeah Claremont or Perth most weeks but I do have a soft spot for the Ducks and I particularly like Basso Oval as a venue. Seem to be able to get a better view there easy and it's so old school. Generally a great atmosphere too.
Claremont V Perth will be awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Claremont or Perth most weeks but I do have a soft spot for the Ducks and I particularly like Basso Oval as a venue. Seem to be able to get a better view there easy and it's so old school. Generally a great atmosphere too.
Claremont V Perth will be awesome.

Cheap ish full strength cans ftw!!!

Really happy to see him doing so well in his first two NAB Cup games in Fremantle colours.

Super performances in these two games, but will be interesting to see how goes against the likes of St Kilda and Geelong.

Well Ben, if he is picked for next week (and I see no reason why he wouldnt), then you will get to see him run out against the Saints

I watched him play last week against North Melbourne and he was super again, racked up 25+ disposals.

Will be there tonight watching him play again, yelling plenty of encouragement and support for Michael.

Great game again and the guy has been clearly our best this preseason. Cool under pressure and worked much harder than any of our senior list players. Dude must be promoted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back