Toast Michael Barlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, he just has a running gait that looks slow even though it's not. I saw him pull away from a GC mid on at least 1 occasion last night. Kind of unfortunate for Barlow because that perception is probably why he wasn't playing AFL earlier.

And he doesn't even make the top 50 lists of Sheehan or the players themselves. So underrated and as tough as they come. To top it off he is a ripper bloke. In fact I'm sure a big part of the reason why we're such a professional and decent club is because we recruit players who are good people and good leaders.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, he just has a running gait that looks slow even though it's not. I saw him pull away from a GC mid on at least 1 occasion last night. Kind of unfortunate for Barlow because that perception is probably why he wasn't playing AFL earlier.

Very fortunate for Freo though.

Thought I'd bump this to ask a question. Was anyone aware that our fair Mick was number 4 in the ALL TIME highest disposal averages?

Pretty incredible really, if it wasn't for BT some of the commentators would struggle to pick him out of a line up and he's in the company of some of the greatest players ever.

Thought I'd bump this to ask a question. Was anyone aware that our fair Mick was number 4 in the ALL TIME highest disposal averages?

Pretty incredible really, if it wasn't for BT some of the commentators would struggle to pick him out of a line up and he's in the company of some of the greatest players ever.

if he can keep that average over the next 100 games, then it will be even more amazing.

He is just starting to look comfortable after that knee injury, so truely a remarkable workhorse. Just knows where to find the ball, Lachie Neale seems to have this gift as well.

It is important that with the Barlow and Neale types of players that you have some players with genuine speed to compliment and thats why it is so important to have a couple of the Hilly, Pearce or Morabito speedsters available.

Anyone else notice that Micky B is always wearing a really, really small guernsey? You can almost see the top of his bum each week. :p

(Not sure how many people will admit to also noticing this...)

if he can keep that average over the next 100 games, then it will be even more amazing.

Fair call. I reckon 150 games. You get to a 150 games and no one can possibly question your record as some sort of statistical anomaly and you can claim all time great status.

When you think that he's heading that way though it really makes you stop a bit. He might be underrated even by our supporters who already know he's a jet.

Fair call. I reckon 150 games. You get to a 150 games and no one can possibly question your record as some sort of statistical anomaly and you can claim all time great status.

When you think that he's heading that way though it really makes you stop a bit. He might be underrated even by our supporters who already know he's a jet.

a vital cog in a very good midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back