Delisted Michael Barlow [delisted]

Remove this Banner Ad

That article is entirely speculation no credibility in it.

That said i doubt barlow would choose to come to geelong anyway.

It has a direct quote from Stephen Wells:
"We've still got some decisions to make regarding that, but at this stage we don't have any free agents that we're likely to sign," Wells said on a club podcast.

"Clubs can still change their lists another time before the draft, so we'll wait and see what happens there.

"But we have no plans at this stage to be signing a free agent."
Speculation, no credibility?

It has a direct quote from Stephen Wells:
"We've still got some decisions to make regarding that, but at this stage we don't have any free agents that we're likely to sign," Wells said on a club podcast.

"Clubs can still change their lists another time before the draft, so we'll wait and see what happens there.

"But we have no plans at this stage to be signing a free agent."
Speculation, no credibility?

Where was the comment about that decision being for salary cap reasons? Im not saying there arent any salary cap issues but they are completely guessing. Its pretty clear it is a quiet day gap filler article with the journo speculating because he needs something to fill a page.

Where was the comment about that decision being for salary cap reasons? Im not saying there arent any salary cap issues but they are completely guessing. Its pretty clear it is a quiet day gap filler article with the journo speculating because he needs something to fill a page.
Oh, okay fair enough. I was just posting that Geelong had declared they weren't going to get Barlow.
Geelong's alary cap is probably for another thread.

Oh, okay fair enough. I was just posting that Geelong had declared they weren't going to get Barlow.
Geelong's alary cap is probably for another thread.

Oh yeah and i totally agree geelong wont get barlow and there are cap issues it waa just a comment on journalism and editors-not as good as they used to be. No harm done.

Oh yeah and i totally agree geelong wont get barlow and there are cap issues it waa just a comment on journalism and editors-not as good as they used to be. No harm done.

I'm not suggesting we should get Barlow, but it's hard to believe we have cap issues.

Our outs have been fairly significant. At a guess I'd anticipate

Bartel - 350-400k
Enright - 350-400k
Caddy - 300-350k
Smedts - 150-180k
Kersten - 150-180k
Vardy - 150k

In
Tuohy - 350?
Black - 200-250?
And then a stack of draftees which will be on rookie contracts.

Then next year, we'll lose Mackie and Lonergan (both 300+k)

I'm really struggling to believe we're as cash strapped as being made out...

I'm not suggesting we should get Barlow, but it's hard to believe we have cap issues.

Bartel - 350-400k
Enright - 350-400k
Caddy - 300-350k
Smedts - 150-180k
Kersten - 150-180k
Vardy - 150k

In
Tuohy - 350?
Black - 200-250?

Isn't Black on 400k?

Bartel - 350-400k
Enright - 350-400k
Caddy - 300-350k
Smedts - 150-180k
Kersten - 150-180k
Vardy - 150k

In
Tuohy - 350?
Black - 200-250?

No one besides clubs & the AFL know how close they are. Clubs can front load and back load anything so just because 1m walks out the door and 500K comes in it doesn't mean other guns on your list aren't getting that 500K next year.

If a club is happy with their list, it is probably better to leak to the media that you have no cap space despite the truth. Makes it easier to negotiate smaller contracts with your up and comers if they like the place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of chat on our board that our 2013 game style made him appear a bit better than he was. Never really had a strong contested game and the shoulder definitely did not help.
Yeah that was his problem really, cannot be a 192 cm key forward if you can't take a agrab. Wood has much better hands.

Yeah that was his problem really, cannot be a 192 cm key forward if you can't take a agrab. Wood has much better hands.
Wood is basically the I'm you but stronger meme version of Aaron Black. Just as fast, stronger, better skills and yeah, clunks 'em. Very bullish on what he can do with his career.

Bartel - 350-400k
Enright - 350-400k
Caddy - 300-350k
Smedts - 150-180k
Kersten - 150-180k
Vardy - 150k

In
Tuohy - 350?
Black - 200-250?

How does the Veterans salary work this year. I though it was 50% of teh entire veteran list or can only so many be claimed

Geelong has financial problems not cap problems. Our cap is fine we have plenty of room now. It's the incompetence of the AFL for not letting us have 9+ Home Games a Year. GWS got a home final and we didn't. This proves that the AFL is babying GWS, giving them unfair advantages, Only 24K could fit inside yet Sydney couldn't get a game at SCG. After Stage 5 is completed during the 2018 season Geelong has a right to host every home game at Simonds. 42,000 + will fit after Stage 5. So Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood suck it up because Geelong deserve all games at Simmons.
Period

Essendon may aswell sign Barlow too. Clearly they think they are still a flag chance by signing Kelly, and not continuing the rebuild with that list spot.
I'm serious sign Barlow too then.

Geelong has financial problems not cap problems. Our cap is fine we have plenty of room now. It's the incompetence of the AFL for not letting us have 9+ Home Games a Year. GWS got a home final and we didn't. This proves that the AFL is babying GWS, giving them unfair advantages, Only 24K could fit inside yet Sydney couldn't get a game at SCG. After Stage 5 is completed during the 2018 season Geelong has a right to host every home game at Simonds. 42,000 + will fit after Stage 5. So Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood suck it up because Geelong deserve all games at Simmons.
Period

Cats v Freo wasnt a home final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back