Michael Christian

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish SEN would get rid of Finey. He's painful to listen to with his constant pregnant pauses trying to make himself seem smarter than he is.

Give Christian his slot.
Finey is an idiot, he would occasionally go on Bigfooty after a game in the mid 2000s and read out people's posts. He once called me 'one of the most knowledgeable posters on the website." If that doesn't tell you he's an idiot then nothing will.
You guys are a bit hard on Finey I think, not the best but his doing ok. There's a reason his been there for so long and his got the 2 things that makes a quality radio presenter when it comes to AFL, his knowledgeable and entertaining so I'm not surprised his "final siren" program gets so many callers.

Probably the only thing I don't like about him is that he tries to convince the audience he knows a lot about other sports such as soccer and cricket when really he knows next to nothing, I listened to him interview Besart Berisha once and it was so awkward, he should really just stick to AFL. Still when you barrack for St Kilda, I can understand why his so keen to talk about other codes...

With Chrisso taking over the AFL match review vote 1 for Mick McGuane to still be on for at least a 1 hour segment on SEN a week next year!

You guys are a bit hard on Finey I think, not the best but his doing ok. There's a reason his been there for so long and his got the 2 things that makes a quality radio presenter when it comes to AFL, his knowledgeable and entertaining so I'm not surprised his "final siren" program gets so many callers.
I don't find him particularly knowledgable. He gets heaps of stuff on Collingwood horribly wrong so I assume he makes the same mistakes with other club.

He has two skills that make him successful as a late night radio host. First, he's got a short fuse. Second, he's a looney magnet and listening to the looneys call in and abuse/ get abused makes for interesting listening. These two things combined make for compelling late night radio, especially on Saturday nights when the drunks call in or when Carlton loses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Christian as a commentator - An accurate caller who brings excitement to the game - He's one of the last I'd describe as beige - Anyway either the MRP job is paying well or his horse breeding is kicking goals, for him to forego media duties in 2018.

Michael Christian's played 131 games for Collingwood. OP's name includes "Chris" and "131".

Christo had an interesting interview with Melbourne El Presidente Glen Bartlett, wide ranging it included Melbournes $3.1 mil loss (2013?), his secondment to the Board by the likes of Mike Fitzpatrick, and after only one month became president, the role of Peter Jackson, back to the early days for both Christian & Bartlett at East Perth in the 80s with Christian on to the VFL with the Pies and Bartlett on the original Eagles list including their first road trip to Windy Hill - about the same age, a long standing rapport was obvious.
Only question not posed was the involvement of long standing East Perth off field leader Bronte Howson in the Demons AHG sponsorship deal given East Perths tie up with the Eagles.

Enjoyed Mick McGuane & his no nonsense take of the cricket.

Last edited:
He will be one of the most hated men in AFL by this time next year. The MRP job is a very tough gig

Yeah it's a pretty game call by him to take it on. To be the sole and only public front for the most unpopular, controversial and emotional aspect of the game every single week would have to take it's toll I reckon.

Good on him for putting his proverbial onto the chopping block believing he can make a positive difference, would be very easy to continue sitting back in the easy seats in the media and criticising.

Christo had an interesting interview with Melbourne El Presidente Glen Bartlett, wide ranging it included Melbournes $3.1 mil loss (2013?), his secondment to the Board by the likes of Mike Fitzpatrick, and after only one month became president, the role of Peter Jackson, back to the early days for both Christian & Bartlett at East Perth in the 80s with Christian on to the VFL with the Pies and Bartlett on the original Eagles list including their first road trip to Windy Hill - about the same age, a long standing rapport was obvious.
Only question not posed was the involvement of long standing East Perth off field leader Bronte Howson in the Demons AHG sponsorship deal given East Perths tie up with the Eagles.

Enjoyed Mick McGuane & his no nonsense take of the cricket.

Vote 1 McGuane.

Can SEN please just get rid of Danny Frawley in the mornings. It's painful.

Listened to SEN whilst in Melbourne over Xmas and found Frawley appallingly bad. He's not funny, he makes stupid comments and he answers the question he is asking for the guest because of the extraordinary lengths he makes the questions.

On one Sunday morning, there was a discussion on mental health & depression amongst men which is a subject that deserves to be given some airtime. What annoyed me was that Frawley asked the same question four times but in a different way, it was boring as you know what.

The guy being interviewed was some mega-rich multi-outlet car dealership owner who played a bit of footy in his day. It sounded so condescending to the plain-Jane audience as Frawley kept highlighting how successful this chap was and how much money he has.

* that s**t, its completely irrelevant, the mental illness was the focus !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back