Delisted Michael Close (2012-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at Close in the training vids and comparing it with how he looked in the Nth Melb game last year (circa round 9 I think - replayed on Fox this morning), I'd say he is another 5kg heavier and looking much more sculptured.

Matt_BL

All Australian
May 9, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Article below basically stating Close wants to be the number 1 forward. What I found interesting though was the poll in the article about finals, and the results are pretty split, I think the fact they're being talked about amongst the media and fans though will provide a good challenge for the players as outside expectations are a little higher this year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-13/close-wants-no1-role

Good to see him openly put his hand up and accept its time for someone to take over from Brownie cause he is not coming back. A determination to be the man is the first step. I hope he blossoms with Freeman at FF. I reckon they will surprise a few this year.

Brettles

Debutant
Jan 22, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
He's a lean looking 94kgs. He should end up being pretty strong when he puts on another 4-6kgs on his arms and chest.

Reserves Wrap - Gold Coast Suns - 04/04/2015 (Shane Woewodin's comments)

Got dropped from the seniors as a big fella. Had a presence for us and organized his fellow forwards really well – took some marks and missed some opportunities. He could’ve finished the game with five or six goals but it was really good to see he focused on the things he wanted to improve on in the ones. Probably could have been rewarded a bit more by holding on to his marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemed a little proppy getting out of the water today, but wouldn't have been in there if there were worries about an ACL etc.
Welp, ACL it is.

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Who kicked it to him? I am angry at that player as it was a simple 20m pass that should have hit him on the chest, not the bloody ankles :mad:

Spoon favorites right now.....

Not sure, but if my memory serves me correctly, I think it was a good pass but Close spilled the mark and juggled it, hence causing the knee to collapse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back