Delisted Michael Gibbons [delisted]

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted by Carlton 7/10

Thought he was stiff to be moved on. Probably a victim of the limited number of list spots. Was reasonably comfortable at AFL level. Injury issues through 2021.

Any takers?

We should grab him in the DFA or Rookie Draft seeing as he'll cost nothing and forcefully missed out on Hille. Give him a year??

Surprised people are surprised, including the player himself. Frustrating player to watch and not good enough for the level.

I would’ve thought that is the case for most players. Gibbo is definitely AFL standard. You could do worse on a free hit.
I think he suffers from coaches just not willing to play him where he best football is at this level. The midfield.
They just assume he much shorter that be pushed off ball too easily.
There no way his best spot is as a small forward but they kept trying to make him one.
He done ok given it was not where he best suited but the list squeeze and more natural small forwards like Durdin , Owies etc see him de-listed.
Collingwood had a small player like him a few years back.. Sam Dwyer I think.
Pigeon holed by coaching staff as small forward when he really an old fashioned rover type.
Maybe worst thing that happened to him was opening game in pre-season when put on list he kicked a couple of goals in forward line and never really been able to get given a go in midfield to see what he could do because they saw some clever goals and seem labelled small forward role almost straight away.
Feel sorry for him but I think other clubs will also probably try to only play him as small forward too, which a shame.

I think he suffers from coaches just not willing to play him where he best football is at this level. The midfield.
They just assume he much shorter that be pushed off ball too easily.
There no way his best spot is as a small forward but they kept trying to make him one.
To be fair a lot of clubs play kids, who are great at the position they were drafted in, out of position.

Parish is one that struggled as a forward and now is actually recognised by the club as a gun mid.

Cahill was a good forward pocket player and we were throwing in him in the mid and HBF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back