List Mgmt. Michael Gibbons - surely?

Remove this Banner Ad

My view after watching a few hours of Ned playing football.
He has excellent footballing skills.... but he gets pushed out of position by opponents, often by guys much smaller than him.

Seems very similar to Mason Cox, just much younger, and probably better below his legs... and follows up better for the tackle.

Ned is very raw in that he is a boy in a huge body. He needs a few seasons in the gym to get rid of his baby fat, improve his leg and core strength, and make him burst a ballon between his hands every day. —> try it, it is Fermin difficult.

Ned looks a likely type for me. 3 years away but worth the wait.

Nepotism be damned: this guy could be an asset. He may not make it but I hope he gets a shot. Anyone who says he should not has never seen him play.

Last edited:
Not sure a comparison to Mason Cox is a compliment. IMO Cox can do two things football related. He can take a mark overhead and he kicks pretty straight, though with very limited range. I don't really see much else that says footballer to me.
Edit: He makes an occasional good tackle as well, providing he actually catches someone with the footy.

My view after watching a few hours of Ned playing football.
He has excellent footballing skills.... but he gets pushed out of position by opponents, often by guys much smaller than him.

Seems very similar to Mason Cox, just much younger, and probably better below his legs... and follows up better for the tackle.

Ned is very raw in that he is a boy in a huge body. He needs a few seasons in the gym to get rid of his baby fat, improve his leg and core strength, and make him burst a ballon between his hands every day. —> try it, it is Fermin difficult.

Ned looks a likely type for me. 3 years away but worth the wait.

Nepotism be damned: this guy could be an asset. He may not make it but I hope he gets a shot. Anyone who says he should not has never seen him play.
Sounds like Max Gawn

The odds of landing an afl ready midfielder out of the state leagues who is better than anyone on our list is remote. :thumbsu:

Mitch Grigg would be, but the combination of dubious fitness and the lack of desire to leave SA make him a bad option.

Interesting, I didn't know that. There always has to be some balance struck between outright cronyism and playing ability.
We traded Kennedy, cut two tucks and two Langford’s. I’m pretty sure we make list management decisions based on the best interests of the club.

We traded Kennedy, cut two tucks and two Langford’s. I’m pretty sure we make list management decisions based on the best interests of the club.
We also cut a Scott and passed completely on a Dear, a Buckenara, a Brereton, a Jarman, a Gowers, and several others that don't immediately spring to mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-05/sydney-stacks-up-for-tigers-final-list-spot

RE Stack:
"AFL.com.au understands a decision to add the talented midfielder is imminent under new rules introduced ahead of 2019."

RE Gibbons:
"Carlton is set to use one of its three available positions on VFL star Michael Gibbons. The dual JJ Liston Trophy winner was expected to have to wait until late February to learn his fate, however a decision could be fast-tracked following the shock retirement of Tomas Bugg last week."

Clarko has a connection with the Ceglars, not sure what it is.
Cegs' father, Dave, played with Clarko at North, although there was only a one-year overlap in careers.

Taught Dave at Wodonga Tech. Good, likeable kid who just seemed to love life. Part larrikin but generally good natured. At the time I never thought he would get a gig in AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back