Delisted Michael Hartley [drafted to Hawthorn in the preseason draft]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you have delisted Brown knowing this?
We would have known for a while, just held off announcing it in case he didn't get an offer somewhere else, I guess.

They also don't really play in the same position, so it's not mutually exclusive.

He'll be stoked to have the opportunity to be involved with a decent footy club.
I think you could have stopped at 'opportunity' and saved the snide remarks for your club board tbh. I mean I could think of a thousand retorts but who really wants the mod getting reported for trolling?

I think you could have stopped at 'opportunity' and saved the snide remarks for your club board tbh. I mean I could think of a thousand retorts but who really wants the mod getting reported for trolling?
Let's just concentrate on all that juicy FA Compo that we will be getting... :'(

Let's just concentrate on all that juicy FA Compo that we will be getting... :'(
🤣 Wouldn't have got any anyway, I doubt Hawthorn will be paying him enough to have qualified for a third round compensation pick, which is the lowest band of compo, I think? Even if we did it'd be pick 53. We currently have 31, 33, 61, 64, 65. With that one added in it'd be 31, 33, 53, 62, 65, 66. We have 2-4 picks in the draft after Draper is upgraded, the safe money would be to take 3 and maintain a 39 player senior list as we have the last few years.

So basically a 9 pick upgrade, 62 is Draper's upgrade and 65/66 are passed on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny if true.

Hawthorn are really becoming the top-up kings.

Except most of those “top up players” have been valuable contributors. You’ve already refuted on matters relating to Hawthorn many times before.

So try again.

Except most of those “top up players” have been valuable contributors. You’ve already refuted on matters relating to Hawthorn many times before.

So try again.
Yep. Whitfield will be the next valuable contributor.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Funny if true.

Hawthorn are really becoming the top-up kings.

Spangher & Simpkin were handy top-ups too.....And premiership players to boot.....As too your own Marlion Pickett... Sydney Stack was also a Top-Up.

Um, what's your point again?

That's the campest avatar going around on all of Big footy mate.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
A smart decision by Hartley to explore his options elsewhere. IS is stuck behind 3 of the best key defenders in the competition in Hooker, Hurley and Ambrose (who statistically speaking is one of the best 1:1 defenders in the league according to Champion Data).

At 26, he is still young enough to play for 5 years and forge a reasonable career but he has served his purpose at Essendon FC. Thanks for coming on board in a tough time, for filling a role when no one else wanted to play it and for sticking around for a season or two longer than you needed to in hope of forcing your way into one of the better defensive pairings in the league.

A good acquisition by the Hawks if true he is going there. Only an aging James Frawley (31) and a recently recruited Sam Frost (26) as AFL ready KPD's. Hartley sures up the list profile for Hawthorn and has every opportunity to get senior AFL games.

A smart decision by Hartley to explore his options elsewhere. IS is stuck behind 3 of the best key defenders in the competition in Hooker, Hurley and Ambrose (who statistically speaking is one of the best 1:1 defenders in the league according to Champion Data).
At least Essendon defenders have something to do now in September.... Keeping terrorist organisations at bay.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
At least Essendon defenders have something to do now in September.... Keeping terrorist organisations at bay.
I was annoyed Trump took credit for that.
All that hard work.

Good on him. He'll start at FB Rd1 you'd think. Hopefully gives away the same amount of frees too :p
His ball use by foot is exceptional. Will fit in nicely at the hawks.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Good on him. He'll start at FB Rd1 you'd think.
His ball use by foot is exceptional. Will fit in nicely at the hawks.

Only if Frawley is injured....Frost would be ahead of him also at this stage.

As usual it'll depend on injuries, the opposition & best available.

He'll be back-up, the same as he was at Essendon.

Only if Frawley is injured....Frost would be ahead of him also at this stage.

As usual it'll depend on injuries, the opposition & best available.

He'll be back-up, the same as he was at Essendon.
Somehow doubt he's leaving to be a back up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back