Delisted Michael Hartley [drafted to Hawthorn in the preseason draft]

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah, think he goes to the Dogs. Would be a good fit, would take the monsters and allow Trengove to be a genuine ruck and help English rather than defender/ruck. Also showed a bit up front this year as well surprisingly. And a great bloke to take kick outs too.
Based on?

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
198cm KPD - Out of contract this year in a market where KPDs can command a premium.

What is his value? I imagine a few clubs will ask about his status. Given our defensive issues I would be surprised if the Bulldogs haven;t at least approached his management. We're relying on Trengove to stop the big opposition KPFs and he's our only real AFL ready back up ruck as well.

Yeah, I feel like Hartley is worthy of more opportunity at AFL level, and the Bulldogs seem like a logical fit. Wouldn't be surprised if the Gold Coast show interest as well.

Also, what's the go with Lewis Young? Seems decent when he plays, but doesn't play that often.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Yeah, think he goes to the Dogs. Would be a good fit, would take the monsters and allow Trengove to be a genuine ruck and help English rather than defender/ruck. Also showed a bit up front this year as well surprisingly. And a great bloke to take kick outs too.

Jackson Trengove isn't a ruckman, just like Josh Schache isn't a ruckman, and Jordan Roughead wasn't a ruckman, and Tom Boyd wasn't a ruckman.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Any thoughts on a trade of Jenkins and Hartley + whatever else, if Daniher finishes up requesting a trade to Sydney. I can easily see Keath choosing to go to the WB's if they offer enough contract length? I think Keath would fit in easily into WB's

Did this bloke get delisted ?
No (not yet anyway). He is a free agent because Collingwood delisted him years ago after he had a bad run of injury as a young player. Now that we have lifetime free agency, anyone who was previously eligible as a free agent is now a free agent every time they're out of contract.

Since the free agency period has closed he's just out of contract atm, I guess.

No (not yet anyway). He is a free agent because Collingwood delisted him years ago after he had a bad run of injury as a young player. Now that we have lifetime free agency, anyone who was previously eligible as a free agent is now a free agent every time they're out of contract.

Since the free agency period has closed he's just out of contract atm, I guess.
Think 1 of him or Mitch brown will be delisted

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen

I wouldn't be to disheartened if we delisted Hartley. We have a younger Brandon Zerk - Thatcher who debuted and didn't look out of place whilst the man in question was used in almost every other position than his nominal spot late in our VFL season.

Mitch Brown offers versatility and actually played some ok football at AFL level too.

Would offer us versatility with our list management, either take 4 picks in the ND or an extra rookie selection.

Honestly believe both will be retained. Just one more year probably, but why wouldn't they announce them getting cut alongside the others?

Back