Michael Hibberd

Remove this Banner Ad

The trade window isn't even open. How can Dodoro 'take the pick' and 'get on with it'? There isn't even a negotiation yet.
Really?
Can't they do it mid season?

Thanks for the heads up you clever man.

Oh Essendon, you never fail to surprise. Still getting your cronies at Rupert Corporation to stick their noses into it and start the negative campaigning for what should be a very simple trade. Just because we gave up 25 for Melksham in a shallow draft doesn't mean every trade henceforth must be judged on the same criteria; there are multiple variables from draft to draft that affect the value of a second round pick.

Pick 27 in this year's deep draft could easily be a 10 year midfielder; a perfectly fair exchange for a 27 year old player who's missed an entire year of his prime directly due to the abhorrent actions of your own club's former administration.

I wouldn't start using the media to kick up a fuss over a Paul Connors mananged player seeking a fresh start, especially after everything you've put him through over the last 4 years.
Question.

Did you read any direct quotes? Or the HUN reporters speaking s**t?

Really?
Can't they do it mid season?

Thanks for the heads up you clever man.

Since you have such a keen understanding perhaps you can stop with nonsense such as 'take the pick' and 'get on with it'. Save the hysterical whinging for the actual trade window.

Do you know something everyone else doesn't?

Mlkshake will be a fringe player and that's way too much for that.

No, I was merely being sarcastic. $400k for four years service equals $100k a year. Was just pointing out how little I value him.

Dodoro is a ******* idiot. 27 is more than fair for a player like Hibberd.
Yeah after he got stitched up last year in the Carlisle deal only getting a top ten pick that was never on the table from day 1 plus a second rounder I can see why you think he is an idiot..then he let Melksham go for a 2nd rounder, madness.He should do his trades the freeo way...Pretend your crazy and stand out of footy for a year...Who is your list manager anyway? Crazy Rossy? Thanks for checking into the thread, doubt Hibbo would entertain Freeo so on your way..

Don't forget pick 55 for Gumbleton....Nek minnit Orazio Fantasia walks in...
Really showing Dodorio up for the idiot you think he is, LOL

Since you have such a keen understanding perhaps you can stop with nonsense such as 'take the pick' and 'get on with it'. Save the hysterical whinging for the actual trade window.

No, I was merely being sarcastic. $400k for four years service equals $100k a year. Was just pointing out how little I value him.
Hysterical whinging?
Just disagreed with what's being reported.
And seeing as this is in reference to Hibberd and this thread is about Hibberd, this is where the discussions about him take place.
Now pull your head in

It is worth noting that Melbourne's second round pick may be elevated up the draft order a little bit after the academy bidding process. GCS and GWS have a lot of picks before us which could slide down the draft.

It is worth noting that Melbourne's second round pick may be elevated up the draft order a little bit after the academy bidding process. GCS and GWS have a lot of picks before us which could slide down the draft.
all it does is slides kids other clubs have no access to earlier into the draft.

Case in point, we bid on Bowes and GCS match. He goes 1.
We have pick 2, but its no different to having pick 1 and not going Bowes.

So 27 would still be 27, even if its 32. just means there are 5 academy kids taken beforehand. Same as F/S

Nothing personal lad, I feel for the underprivileged but they could spell.

You're kidding to suggest that clubs haven't flunked on trades before.
Lamumba we got because Clark wanted out so out of the clubs hands really, get what you can.
Dawes, bad call, tries hard but hasn't given much.
Pedo, been ok and cost us jack sh*t.

How'd Mark Williams go for pick 16?
How about Prismall? He going ok? I think the Cats only got Steve Motlop for that pick.

Plenty of these sorts of examples at every club so stop being a retread.
it was 16 for Williams and 24 and 33. Or, read another way, it was Lovett for Williams, 24 and 33.
Williams was a waste and 33 was used on Long that didn't pan out.
But 24 netted us Carlisle, who got us Francis & Bird.
So essentially, over a course of 6, Lovett = Francis & Bird.

Also, it's Lumumba.
spelling is one thing. Hitting the right keys on a keyboard, entirely different.

FWIW - you guys have traded well.
Hogan, Tyson, Bugg, Melksham, Hibberd. Decent work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all it does is slides kids other clubs have no access to earlier into the draft.

So 27 would still be 27, even if its 32. just means there are 5 academy kids taken beforehand. Same as F/S
Not necessarily accurate if the bids mean more than one pick has to be used to match but in broad terms this is pretty accurate.

Dodoro is a ******* idiot. 27 is more than fair for a player like Hibberd.
:S
1 - the quote was Worsfold, not Dodoro. Dodoro hasn't said a f***ing word yet
2 - we are outside the window where Dodoro can do anything yet
3 - He has managed to keep a mass exodus at bay with us losing the standard amount of players.
4 - Zach Merrett @ 26, Fantasia @ 55, Hooker @ 54, Hibberd - rookie. Deserves a bit of credit for knowing what he is doing
idiot seems a little much.

it was 16 for Williams and 24 and 33. Or, read another way, it was Lovett for Williams, 24 and 33.
Williams was a waste and 33 was used on Long that didn't pan out.
But 24 netted us Carlisle, who got us Francis & Bird.
So essentially, over a course of 6, Lovett = Francis & Bird.

Also, it's Lumumba.
spelling is one thing. Hitting the right keys on a keyboard, entirely different.

FWIW - you guys have traded well.
Hogan, Tyson, Bugg, Melksham, Hibberd. Decent work.
Fair enough.
So as I said, plenty of good and bad examples for each club.
Unlike your mates comments.

And I'm so used to calling him Labumba that whatever!
Hitting the wrong keys?

r e t a r d
r e t r e a d

That's 4 mistakes. Just sayin'.

It is not that simple with the points system. It all depends on the points value of the bidded player and where the clubs subsequent picks lie. In saying that, you are correct in that it can also work in reverse.

What's your problem dude? The discussions on this thread have been civil and relevant, if you don't want to be respectful and discuss the trading of Hibberd I think you should move along.
its a bit of a dull one to be fair

Early proposal will be 27 for Hibberd
Late deal will be 27 & 45 for Hibberd and 55.

Yeah because u didnt want to give his worth;)

No other club would have done differently.
Carlisle also took a while because he wasnt worth pick 5 :)

we didnt want to give you what you thought he was worth ;) big difference. We overpaid for him because Dodoro was being classic Dodoro and overvaluing Ryder. He is and always was worth a first rounder. not a 1st and a 2nd. He also had the upper hand with being able to go to the grievance tribunal, therefore you guys should have been the ones who bended over, not us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back