Michael Hurley in tears as he recalls Court of Arbitration for Sport handed down guilty verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, my advice;

This board has distilled itself down to only the most jaded, sad and uninspired thinkers on the site.

Those that wanted to have a laff at Essendon have long since gone, moved on because a bit of a chuckle is only worth a certain investment of your time.

So what we're left with is obsessed, delusional losers.

And I use the word delusional quite deliberately. It was a term used to describe Essendon fans of course throughout this debacle. But the irony of which can only now be fully appreciated, when you consider it's actual meaning.

So just leave them to it. It's a pathetic little corner of the internet - and not worth your time.
Yeah think that's a good suggestion.

The faux-care that these people have is amusing though, they enjoy the saga, it's nothing to do with a care for clean sport.

Yes I went through page by page and got them to tick off what they understood.I then gave them an essay and take home test to complete.

Any thing else.Would you like dates I spoke to them
Nice sarcasm. It's funny how quickly peoples logic dies in the arse when it's questioned.

Jade perfect example of what you're saying

Nice sarcasm. It's funny how quickly peoples logic dies in the arse when it's questioned.

Jade perfect example of what you're saying

What is there to question.I disagree with you.I am not asking you to agree with me I am just stating why I disagree with you.

You trust your wife which is exactly the same thing I would do if it was my wife.I dont know you or your wife though and prefer to trust the sources I have spoken too.

You're wrong, flat out wrong. Under the anti doping code the players are ultimately responsible for what goes into their bodies so it is their fault.

They may well have been duped but they also certainly turned a blind eye, either through negligence or by thinking that some plausible deniability from some a bullshit "consent form" would abrogate their responsibilities.

Yes the players are at fault - wholly at fault I don't think so - much of the blame has to be sheeted home to Hird, Dank and Reid.

What was refreshing from the Hurley interview is that he seemed to accept that he was partially to blame for the mess he ended up in.

Top post

Mate, my advice;

This board has distilled itself down to only the most jaded, sad and uninspired thinkers on the site.

Those that wanted to have a laff at Essendon have long since gone, moved on because a bit of a chuckle is only worth a certain investment of your time.

So what we're left with is obsessed, delusional losers.

And I use the word delusional quite deliberately. It was a term used to describe Essendon fans of course throughout this debacle. But the irony of which can only now be fully appreciated, when you consider it's actual meaning.

So just leave them to it. It's a pathetic little corner of the internet - and not worth your time.

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself (given that you are still here).:)

Last edited:
That's not what was being argued, it was being disputed on the level of education ASADA provided, and the level of blame pushed at the players.

About 6 minute mark --->

I have a source who also works at a club who claims everything that DemonTim has written is wrong.

I'm not going to specify who/what/where or when, but you know it's true. Because I've posted it on the internet.

Check my posting history if you don't believe me.

Source: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/posts/46608266/

I have a source who also works at a club who claims everything that DemonTim has written is wrong.

I'm not going to specify who/what/where or when, but you know it's true. Because I've posted it on the internet.

Check my posting history if you don't believe me.

Source: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/posts/46608266/
Except my posting history actually proves something, and as requested I tagged a user who also can vouch for it. And went into great detail about things.

Jesus Christ this place is a circle jerk. Sorry, I assumed that some people actually want to discuss things openly and reasonably. I forgot where I am.

Don't see why the amount of education offered is being argued.
The sneaky way the players avoided telling drug testers, keeping Doc in the dark. These are the acts of people who knew what that what they were doing was wrong. The education worked.
They just Believed they could get away with it.

Don't see why the amount of education offered is being argued.
The sneaky way the players avoided telling drug testers, keeping Doc in the dark. These are the acts of people who knew what that what they were doing was wrong. The education worked.
They just Believed they could get away with it.
As I said before even the report says it was argued that they deliberately did those things.

I think the amount of education is very important. Especially in cases like lees, saad etc

Yeah think that's a good suggestion.

The faux-care that these people have is amusing though, they enjoy the saga, it's nothing to do with a care for clean sport.
yep you'll find that most EFC supporters don't even bother anymore. We just open it for a few seconds to see what the outrage flavour of the week is, have a skim and a laugh and go back to doing something at least a bit more useful than arguing with the inmates, like staring off into space or something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep you'll find that most EFC supporters don't even bother anymore. We just open it for a few seconds to see what the outrage flavour of the week is, have a skim and a laugh and go back to doing something at least a bit more useful than arguing with the inmates, like staring off into space or something
Yeah. I keep getting sucked back in. Probably because of the shitty little digs the obsessed keep having. God forbid someone bases their opinion on something other than "oh I followed the whole saga"

Yeah. I keep getting sucked back in. Probably because of the shitty little digs the obsessed keep having. God forbid someone bases their opinion on something other than "oh I followed the whole saga"
this is the ultimate groupthink echo chamber. It used to be a lot better because, whilst there was still extremely virulent groupthink, there was at least variety and some good jousting to be had.

Now it's just wall to wall rusted on sad sacks

You think only your opinion counts and it is hilarious.

My WIFE works in the industry so I am right.
She's not my wife

I've asked you questions are your view and the opinions you've been told. You gave me sarcasm as a response. If someone provided a reasonable argument against the version that I've been given, from a source I trust, then I'll happily review my opinion. All I've got is personal attacks, sarcasm, and tangents

I've responded to requests for proof of my partner. As have others and yet, I'm still treated with non reasonable responses.

Stop misrepresenting what's happening

But I've had my eyes opened, it is just sad individuals left. Who have no intention of listening to anything that disputes their view

I'm done. Unfollowing this crap.

I'm actually a bored, but happy, old sack thank you very much!.
well * me, I make a nasty comment like that then probably the only two* guys I actually still respect post directly after it and make me feel like a campaigner.

*I'm sure there's 1-2 others I've forgotten, sorry guise

I've asked you questions are your view and the opinions you've been told. You gave me sarcasm as a response. If someone provided a reasonable argument against the version that I've been given, from a source I trust, then I'll happily review my opinion. All I've got is personal attacks, sarcasm, and tangents

I've responded to requests for proof of my partner. As have others and yet, I'm still treated with non reasonable responses.

Stop misrepresenting what's happening

But I've had my eyes opened, it is just sad individuals left. Who have no intention of listening to anything that disputes their view

I'm done. Unfollowing this crap.[/QUOTE]

Because there are only so many ways I can tell you that they believed they got enough education and informed you of my discussion with them but you want me to pretty much give you a transcript of our conversation and it is ridiculous.

You don't believe me Its not my problem. I have not personally attacked you once.

You left out the bit about posting in here that you have better things to do than post in here.

This thread is one bad post away from being locked.

Here's one for you :D

Bad_Post.jpg.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back