purring

Senior List
Apr 27, 2004
G Town
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Purring is hearing the cats are making a move for Essendon forward Michael Hurley. With Vardy going forward I personally see no need but maybe insurance for Tom Hawkins..

Not sure what we have to offer that would get us Hurley and not sure why'd let him go with Crameri (Dogs) & Gumbleton (Freo) likely going.

I have no idea what the bombers would want, but cats are resting the waters for him. Geelong will land a big player before trade week is out.

Don't know where this came from. Think Hurley is severely overrated at this stage of his career, not interested.

Interesting hearing Terry Wallace and Damian Barrett on trade radio yesterday. Basically said that Essendon have developed a habit of coming into trade discussions between two other clubs when there is no need for them to and just cause other clubs a headache, along with their driving of ridiculously hard bargains. Both reckon clubs avoid dealing with them when possible nowadays.

Would be good as a backman, but no need as a forward. Also really injury prone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurley signed a 5 year deal at the end of last year which ties him to Essendon until the end of 2017. Even if he did want to come to Geelong, Essendon hold all the cards here. Why would they trade him to Geelong when they could trade him to Melbourne for pick 2? Hell, they could even use him in a package for GWS' pick 1. We have no chance of satisfying them.

Hurley signed a 5 year deal at the end of last year which ties him to Essendon until the end of 2017. Even if he did want to come to Geelong, Essendon hold all the cards here. Why would they trade him to Geelong when they could trade him to Melbourne for pick 2? Hell, they could even use him in a package for GWS' pick 1. We have no chance of satisfying them.
....plus do we really want to risk moving heaven and earth to get a player then to find he can't play for a period time because (of the possibility) of an infraction notice?

Wouldn't be surprised that they would like him because of his versatility to go forward and back, frees up HT to go forward more also. Not sure I like it .....better than Shaw though.

Purring is hearing the cats are making a move for Essendon forward Michael Hurley. With Vardy going forward I personally see no need but maybe insurance for Tom Hawkins..
Third person thursday is tomorrow.

Hurley is a gun, yet injury prone BACKMAN playing as a forward because his team says so.

Given time to settle in the position he is suited for, being full back, I have no doubt he would be the premier full back in the afl.

Purring - are you hearing this from a source inside the club? Or just floating his name because it was mentioned in jest on the live heraldsun chat? What other info do you have?

If it is true, I think bomber Thompson being coach would work in our favour, he clearly rates his old team and players and would t think a deal would be that impossible.

15 plus varcoe is what I could see bomber and his staff accepting. Hurely has been injury prone and I think they are covered in defense with Carlisle, pears fletch and hooker.

Further, maybe Hurley is pissed off with the club with respect to the events that took place this year and wants a change.

Hurely make no mistake would thrive at Geelong settled at full back, which happens to be our biggest list deficiency.

In all seriousness, whilst I rate Hurley and I think he'd be a great player for us, even if there's any truth at all to this rumour, the likelihood of satisfying Essendon's undoubtedly exorbitant demands in return for his services would be about the same as the NRA agreeing that the second amendment should be abolished from the constitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back