Rumour MICHAEL HURLEY

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurley:
images

is simply the AFL version of this man:
images
If you're talking about performance (not looking similar) that is a hideous slur. Watson is the most overrated cricketer ever

If you're talking about performance (not looking similar) that is a hideous slur. Watson is the most overrated cricketer ever
Now you're getting it.

Both promise the world, but generally have been either injured or inconsistent through the significant majority of their career. But that gets overlooked because of how they look when playing and because they're allrounders/swingmen.

Would be a great fit, exceptional talent. Seeing that we sold the farm last year, acquiring players(talented players) that don't require draft picks as trade, only cold hard cash is the only way we are going to get talent in this year. Opportunity knocking on the door! As bad as this might sound, I love Swanny but he does open up some currency in the salery cap. If his foot is not quite right he could pick up 400 cool ones in compo and we could have a dabble at Hurley. Food for thought.
Yeah let's boot Swanny out the door to bring in a drug cheat

I'd rather split that kind of money on areas we really need to bolster.
Like a fast crumbing forward ( Charlie Cameron type) for one.
We also need more line breaking pace [AND SKILL] to carry the ball more.

Let some other team pay overs for him or hope he stays at the bombers.
This [and that].

Yeah let's boot Swanny out the door to bring in a drug cheat
What a 'prima donna' you are, who is kicking Swanny out the door. I have just stated that if his foot is not right and he takes the option of compensation at his age then the club might have space in the salery cap to have a crack at Hurley. Who said he is getting kicked out the door other than you?

What a 'prima donna' you are, who is kicking Swanny out the door. I have just stated that if his foot is not right and he takes the option of compensation at his age then the club might have space in the salery cap to have a crack at Hurley. Who said he is getting kicked out the door other than you?
It's clear in your post you want him to make way for a drug cheat. Swan should be given every opportunity to get back next year even if still under an injury cloud during the pre-season. The club owes him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have been with Cloke
With Cloke having one year to run his current contract and with TPP increasing year on year, Hurley may represent a reasonable although expensive replacement. Most people view Hurley as a defender but I don't see any reason why he could not play forward especially since we have a number of defenders and Moore is still quite young.

It's easy to say Hurley isn't worth $900kpa. Right now that is accurate. If it's a 4 year deal which is what is rumoured then it's a different matter. There is a CBA to come which is likely to up the cap considerably. $900k in 2-3 years won't be that unusual for a quality KPP or midfield gun. He'd definitely be over paid for a year or two but after that probably not. The reality we must have plenty of cap room given the age and performance profile of our list. The ask is $900k because clubs are willing to consider it and some will pay it. The big question is whether we can win a flag within his time if we took him.

times must be tough for Warney if he's gone from Liz to Brynne.
He's the ultimate non discriminator, just anything.
Lucky he was good a ricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back