Recommitted Michael Hurley?

Remove this Banner Ad

CAS made it harder to win with a grievance tribunal, since it put responsibility on the players, not the club.

Point remains, Hurley re-signing today doesn't make the potential use of the clause any more or less possible.

That's all I was saying. Was just correcting an incorrect assertion.

Let's move on, I'm not interested in a general doping saga discussion.

like I said to you (I think) earlier - actually, if we get through this and not one single player makes use of this amazing magical get out clause that apparently exists then we can probably file it next to Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny

giphy.gif

Happy he has signed. As long as Essendon can still produce enough top end draft picks and trades, to turn over much of this blue collar group we have. As Hurley is only 26, so theoretically will still be there in the premiership tilt in 5 years.
Wouldn't have been the end of the world if we got two top 15 picks for him considering we need to add more top young talent to Daniher, Merrett and co. And get rid some of the non premiership quality cloggers.

Bigger picture is with some good trades haggling we could have ended up with 3 top 10 picks this year. That and next years top 10 pick, plus last years two top 5s, and Merrett etc could have set us up for a sustained tilt when they all matured.

Last edited:
Well what would you know, he was back in the country after 2-3 weeks and announced his decision upon returning. So less a convenient excuse and more just plain logic in the end.

Exactly like I said - you upped your offer and he signs. OMG what a surprise ... I dont know exactly what he is on ... but you 100% upped your offer.

IMHO which you should ... Ive got no problems with that. Think we all hoped he would sign and stay a Bomber.

now I guess the real question is what do I ask Santa for this Christmas?

hahahaha - (a brain? ... you did ask) .... maybe a new membership ;)

PS Just for the record if your board decides to sponsor him for season 2017 .... count me in for a contribution.

like I said to you (I think) earlier - actually, if we get through this and not one single player makes use of this amazing magical get out clause that apparently exists then we can probably file it next to Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny

Whether it exists or not i think is almost irrelevant, no one wants to see it happen

(my own opinion is that it doesn't fwiw)

Collingwood announces their interest

nek minnut

Hurley signs on with the Dons for a further 5 years

How funny is that? :)
Real funny, have people seen hurley lately, those spain running of the bulls photos, * he looked fat. Another thing, this has Cloke 5 year deal written all over it, this guy has shopped himself around and made his club commit for 6 years on top coin, he has a great manager. Another thing Pies with no picks loaded cap, and linked to JOM Hurley WHE and a few others, FFS the pies know how too drive up player prices, they screwed the lions twice with J Brown and Luke Power, I ******* love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real funny, have people seen hurley lately, those spain running of the bulls photos, **** he looked fat. Another thing, this has Cloke 5 year deal written all over it, this guy has shopped himself around and made his club commit for 6 years on top coin, he has a great manager. Another thing Pies with no picks loaded cap, and linked to JOM Hurley WHE and a few others, FFS the pies know how too drive up player prices, they screwed the lions twice with J Brown and Luke Power, I ******* love it.

Was actually 5 years.

Make a bet..

Just saw 3 off your players all smiling talking to Smorgan junior :) also 1 manager was there yep Hurleys I asked him whats the go told me Smorgan Jr is looking after case againts Ess and Afl..I said will be good to see Hurley in a Bulldog jumper he said Quote:think you will :)
That entire passage sounds like complete BS.

My favourite was Hurley's manager just laying out to a complete stranger that who the lawyer and his clients are and what Hurley is doing next season.
Yep. And how the BF poster just casually strolls over and just gets straight down to business and they all just immediately include him in the conversation with full candour.
And players and managers and lawyers are just somehow standing around freely chatting about a bloke who is on another continent.
Sounds legit :huh:

Happy he has signed. As long as Essendon can still produce enough top end draft picks and trades, to turn over much of this blue collar group we have. As Hurley is only 26, so theoretically will still be there in the premiership tilt in 5 years.
Wouldn't have been the end of the world if we got two top 15 picks for him considering we need to add more top young talent to Daniher, Merrett and co. And get rid some of the non premiership quality cloggers.

Bigger picture is with some good trades haggling we could have ended up with 3 top 10 picks this year. That and next years top 10 pick, plus last years two top 5s, and Merrett etc could have set us up for a sustained tilt when they all matured.
You have Merrett (Z), Parish, Francis, Daniher, Laverde and the 2016 #1 on your books.
If I was a Bombers fan I'd be pretty darn optimistic to be honest. Laverde is the last one you need to sign.

my sauce says Hurley has picked the pies. richmond tried to hijack at the last minute but hurley knocked back because they are not a destination club and will probably finish bottom 4 in 2017.

its a done deal, bookmark this post

Oh no, looks like you've been found out champ. Don't rely on ketchup for your information next time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back