Recommitted Michael Hurley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurley's had 2 good years as a KPD, Treloar is currently in his 3rd good year and he is far younger, and also, hasn't had a year out of the game which is being underrated here, if McCarthy's value has diminished, then so has Hurley's
McCarthy's value has diminished because he's out of contract and has made it clear he's more than happy to not play AFL if he can't play for a team in the west. Hurley is not even close to being in a similar situation.

If you don't want Hurley I won't bother convincing you otherwise. But remember that guys like Treloar go in every draft, several times to be exact. St. Kilda has got a couple of players on par with Treloar already. The only other match-winning KPDs in the competition are Talia, Gibson and Rance. Can't remember the last time a really decent KPD was drafted either, maybe marchbank who we haven't really seen yet. If you think that doesn't count for anything, you're nuts. Teams of midfielders don't win flags.

McCarthy's value has diminished because he's out of contract and has made it clear he's more than happy to not play AFL if he can't play for a team in the west. Hurley is not even close to being in a similar situation.

If you don't want Hurley I won't bother convincing you otherwise. But remember that guys like Treloar go in every draft, several times to be exact. St. Kilda has got a couple of players on par with Treloar already. The only other match-winning KPDs in the competition are Talia, Gibson and Rance. Can't remember the last time a really decent KPD was drafted either, maybe marchbank who we haven't really seen yet. If you think that doesn't count for anything, you're nuts. Teams of midfielders don't win flags.
McCarthy contracted to 2017 I believe. And ahh Weitering goes okay, Lever is alright? Marchbank will be a gun, Goddard will need time but should be a good one, so there's 4 in the last 2 years, less than midfielders sure but they still aren't worth selling the farm for.

McCarthy contracted to 2017 I believe. And ahh Weitering goes okay, Lever is alright? Marchbank will be a gun, Goddard will need time but should be a good one, so there's 4 in the last 2 years, less than midfielders sure but they still aren't worth selling the farm for.
Of course, Weitering. And there's daylight between Weitering and Goddard/Lever.

Your club said they would not stand in the way of anyone who wanted to leave.
Yeah they say that to play the good guys to make up for injecting their players with fug knows what illegal drugs, then they get all snarky when we hear Hibberd may want out, saying he's contracted blah blah blah.

Yea but we wont accept to be bent over a barrel.

Well if he elects to go, he nominates another club ... lets all just sit back and watch what happens.

Seriously unless he nominates a charity this is going to be very interesting.

But just to be clear basically this is the stance of Essendon supporters "its unfair, we pumped unknown drugs into our players, got them banned for 12 months some at the peak of their careers ... and how dare they threaten to go to the club of their choice ... without us getting fairly compensated"

Now Mr Hurley ( Connors ) "we want you to help us ( after all we have done for you ) make your new club pay top dollar +++++ extract top draft picks out of them. We dont give a s**t about you once you decide to leave !!!!"

"Seriously who the F do this AFLPA think they are .... demanding the players right to exercise his right of choice. There is absolutely no case for the players to go the grievance tribunal ... now move along. "

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just curious to see if ess supporters would be happy with this trade

Saints 2016 & 2017 first rounders for hurley and ess 2nd rounder 2016. Yay or nay?
I'd take the 2 first rounders seems close enough to the mark. Say pick ten this year and and pick 11-14 next year. Don't think we would be giving up our second round pick.

Imo 2 picks between 8-14 would get it done or say 4-8 and a early second round pick

Just curious to see if ess supporters would be happy with this trade

Saints 2016 & 2017 first rounders for hurley and ess 2nd rounder 2016. Yay or nay?

Based on the assumption that St Kilda doesn't play finals next year (so assuming the 2017 first rounder is a top 10 pick) I think that is a pretty good deal.

Though after the most recently trade period - where both Essendon and St Kilda fans on here were unbearable - I'd like to think that Hurley would target somewhere else ;)

Based on the assumption that St Kilda doesn't play finals next year (so assuming the 2017 first rounder is a top 10 pick) I think that is a pretty good deal.

Though after the most recently trade period - where both Essendon and St Kilda fans on here were unbearable - I'd like to think that Hurley would target somewhere else ;)
Things looked bleak until Dodoro showed Ameet how to trade.

I suppose the panel of experts overrated Hurley when they awarded his All Australian medal last year too then..?
A guy who has only had one season as an elite key defender, and then gone on to miss a year due to suspension for an illegal substances program is not worth the most expensive trade of all time on any planet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back