Re: 40. Michael Jamison (Rookie)

Anyone else think this guy will be a star:D
14155.jpg

Anyone else think this guy will be a star:D
14155.jpg

Great shot.
Question:
Which one of those two will land on his feet, and which one will land face down, arms out, ready to whinge for a free kick?:D

i can't belive he wasn't elevated he played so well this year
Will probably be a nominated rookie, meaning he can play immediately all year.:thumbsu:

Leaves space for another player, and if he is a nominated rookie we only count half his pay.

I am Jammos buddy this year and i will try do a mini report on how i think he went each week.
This week had the huge job on Richo. Richo kicked 5. 3 of which were on Jamison the other 3 on Thornton. Started extremly well and was runnign off richo but when richo kicked a few he seemed less confident in runnning off. You cant blame the boy for conceeding goals when no-one wants to help him out. In fairness waite tried to help him out but more than often just got in the way. Jammo will have abig job this week whichever forward he gets so hopefully he midfield and half backs can get back and bloddy help the kid

I reckon that's unfair.

Jammo did OK. Richo is (IMHO) still the best contested mark in the league. There isn't a defender in the AFL that won't get pantsed a few times per game by Richo. For an under-sized, under-strength rookie, Jammo did pretty damn well.

I think the whole Carlton midfield failed dismally at putting pressure on the Tiges, so the delivery to Richo was far better than it should have been.

I'm very bullish about Jammo's future. That he won ANY contests against Richo was a sign of how good this kid could be.

As I posted elsewhere it was Rocca-Dawson-esque
If I were you I'd continue to post that elsewhere.

What a load of Rubbish.

Dawson didn't win a contest vs Rocca.......not one. Flogged EVERY time the ball went in their direction.

Jammo beat Richo plenty of times. The fact that the Tiges ONLY target up forward, combined with a diminishing effort from our mids meant that in the last quarter shear volume and quality of delivery was going to hurt Jammo.

No backman in the modern game can hold a quality forward like Richo or Fev without help, and without pressure on the midfield.

If the midfield is pressured the delivery isn't as good and its easier to spoil.

As I said, such comments should be continued to be posted elsewhere.;)

Wish I hadn't taped over game - do not remember all these times Richo BOG was beaten by Jammo.

It was Soooooooooooooo Rocca-Dawson-esque because it was exactly the same mismatch

- Undersized (gave away more than 2 stone)
- Inexperienced (gave away 251 games)

If you want to correct a newbie mate then get your facts right and get your head around the above

Secondly If you want to start telling people to post elsewhere - start being offended by the abusive criticism of our players and team by the ranters on this site.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish I hadn't taped over game - do not remember all these times Richo BOG was beaten by Jammo.

It was Soooooooooooooo Rocca-Dawson-esque because it was exactly the same mismatch

- Undersized (gave away more than 2 stone)
- Inexperienced (gave away 251 games)

If you want to correct a newbie mate then get your facts right and get your head around the above

Secondly If you want to start telling people to post elsewhere - start being offended by the abusive criticism of our players and team by the ranters on this site.
So that means he must have flogged him right?

Didn't realise you were a newbie, and I couldn't care less what people say in the heat of the moment.
The "Sack Jordan Russell thread is a weekly addition, as will the "Sack Hoops" thread after his first bad week.

The fact is you compared apples with Oranges.

Dawson was a witches hat.

Jammo spoiled Richo plenty of times and put a lot of pressure on him. 3 goals late in the match when our midfield stopped applying pressure to the ball carriers was hardly Jammo fault.
I won't even go near the fact that you can't put a fingernail on someone trying to take a mark, but if your name is Richo, and you are on the goal line, you can tackle the full back and push him 10m out of the goal square while the ball in well over 5m away.

Have a look at the free kick given to Deledio from Banno, and tell me if its reasonable for Richo to grab Jammo like that and wrestle him out of the way.

It's an illegal shepheard.

His first goal came from a push in the back.

..........yet Richo still feels he doesn;t get the rub of the green.

Point is, yes, Richo beat him. About 7 or 8 times. How many times do you think they actually had a contest?;)

The "post it elsewhere" comment was just a quip at your own statement. It was not meant to be taken literrally.

If you wish to continue to post blatantly wrong observations here then by all means go ahead.........you'll fit right in.:p

I do not want to bag our players and I get the feeling Jammo may be a favourite of yours

No he did not get flogged as badly as Dawson but it was a mismatch.

http://finalsiren.com/AFLPlayerStats.asp

Rocca 15k 3h 8m 8.0gl Ranking 6 with 132pts
Dawson 1k 5h 1m Ranking 344 with 16pts

Richo 13k 2h 11m 5.2gl Ranking 25 with 104pts
Jammo 5k 2h 2m Ranking 341 with 23pts

I know stats can lie and I wish I had not taped this week's game over it so that I could appreciate the points you make but Jammo did not have a great game. He was a newbie playing his 6th game on a veteran.

:) We are on the same side

I feel as if we're throwing him to the sharks in a way.

Now when I think about it - it probably wouldn't have been such a bad idea to recruit Robbie Haddrill for a year to maybe ease Jammo into it.

Note: that is on the assumption that Hadrill can get onto park every week.

I do not want to bag our players and I get the feeling Jammo may be a favourite of yours

No he did not get flogged as badly as Dawson but it was a mismatch.

http://finalsiren.com/AFLPlayerStats.asp

Rocca 15k 3h 8m 8.0gl Ranking 6 with 132pts
Dawson 1k 5h 1m Ranking 344 with 16pts

Richo 13k 2h 11m 5.2gl Ranking 25 with 104pts
Jammo 5k 2h 2m Ranking 341 with 23pts

I know stats can lie and I wish I had not taped this week's game over it so that I could appreciate the points you make but Jammo did not have a great game. He was a newbie playing his 6th game on a veteran.

:) We are on the same side

Therein lies the answer.

I never said he beat Richo, just that it wasn't a Jammo esque performance.

The stat which would tell a bigger story was how many contests they had, and how many were won by each player.

Richo is the go-to man EVERY time the Tiges go forwards. Rocca wasn't.

Discovered I had not taped over it so with nothing but the usual pathetic Wednesday offerings on TV, just rewatched it for the results of their contests.

Q.1
Richo 4 (4 marks)
Jammo 1 (spoil)
(Thornton 1 - the only time we double teamed Richo)

Q.2
Richo 4 (3 marks)
Jammo 2 (1 mark from behind - poor Richmond kick, 1 spoil)

Q.3 (only played on each other half the quarter)
Richo 1 (free)
Jammo 1 (spoil)
(gnd ball Jammo forced ball up, Double teaming - 1 mark Thornton, 1 mark Tambling)

Q.4
Richo 4 (2 marks)
Jammo 1 (punched out)
(Both ran one ball out, 1 no winner, 1 Richo double teamed)

Richo stole a march on Jammo most of the time.
As we saw last week even if Jammo had got closer he would probably have been freed by the umpires - Waitey was one of the few effective backmen in marking contests that I saw last round.

If the umpires keep it up we could end up with more Paul Roos (the player) type backmen - backing their judgement to intercept the ball.

Your a bit slow.
Jammo vs Richo - contest by contest

Did this a few days ago. You must have missed it.

Can't say we watched the same game there.:cool:

Can you describe Richo's 4 wins in the final quarter?
I only had him for 2.

We only double teamed him once, and it was in the fourth. Bannister clearly marked over the top. I didn't count this as a win.

As I said, Richo won.........but Dawson esque it wasn't.

You'll see in the poll most poeple agree with me.;)

I gotta reply one more time as like you, I hate to be wrong LOL. You can have the last word provided you dont say anthing ridiculous as I dont want this to be a Jammo bagging as I believe it to be a coaching mismatch error - like Dawson/Rocca.

What did I miss - your couple of comments?

We watched the same game but I am waiting for you tell me the 'plenty of times' Jammo beat Richo. (You are a bit slow to do that)

To address your couple of small points:
The first double team was early, only a couple of minutes in, when Thorn left his man to mark in front of Richo in the goal square, with Jammo somewhat lagging behind.
The four Richo's in the last quarter were
- the shepherd which was legit as he simply held his ground and drew no complaint from Jammo (you have to be fair as we are not paying when Richo should have got a free plus 50m just before half time) It is interesting to note the shepherd was the only time Richo was behind Jammo all day, when it was right to be.
- the ground ball that Richo gathered and handballed effectively
- 2 marks

Is there a poll?(I hope not) or do you mean Faz agreeing with you and C4 agreeing with me

The fact is that unlike most other key forwards of late, Richo only got one free for the day as most of his possessions/marks were vitually uncontested

I have already told you the two players rankings for the round and we know what the selectors did after crucifying him with a mismatch against Richo, lets hope they begin to nurture Jammo as the kid could be a player.
:)

Click on the link.:eek:

I'm not going to repeat it all here.

Thornton didn't double team him. It was two on two. Brown was there waiting for the soft kick rather than contesting with Thornton.

Bannister provided the only genuine 2 on 1 in the final quarter.

The poll is clear.
If you disagree then that's fine.......but you're looking a little lonely. Even Il Naso De Gastev who usually will disagree for the sake of pretending to be smarter conceeded that it wasn't a Dawson-esque drubbing.

I'm done on the topic.

The last word can be your if you wish. But don't ask me to repeat things that you're too lazy to go and read.

Click on the link above.

Sorry man, not that computer savvy and didn't pick up that you had moved our debate to another thread - why would you do that = WEIRD !!!

Will reply to your ludicrous quarter by quarter analysis on that thread

Have never seen somone turn near WOG into BOG

LAUGHABLE - need to deflate what is clearly a huge ego
:p

What I love about Jamo is he reads the play so well, his timing is good and I love his spoils! :thumbsu: On the up and up :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back