News Michael Johnson - Charged with assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spent conviction fitting for a situation where the 'victim' was more interested in reporting the incident to Channel Seven than the police.

Yep

And he was more interested in bragging to his mates than reporting the incident.

The guy sums up the typical weagle supporter base.

The whole thing was a joke from start to finish. Jonno was being a utensil, the teacher was being a utensil, then Mrs Jonno was being over reactive in a utensil like manner escalating to jonno being a double utensil. And no one actually saw a utensil.
The media used it for utensil bait like a bunch of clicks and what a waste of tax payer money.

The whole thing was a joke from start to finish. Jonno was being a utensil, the teacher was being a utensil, then Mrs Jonno was being over reactive in a utensil like manner escalating to jonno being a double utensil. And no one actually saw a utensil.
The media used it for utensil bait like a bunch of clicks and what a waste of tax payer money.

Spot on. Jonno's lawyer the only winner and he is a utensil!

Spot on. Jonno's lawyer the only winner and he is a utensil!
The teacher utensil got a crisp $1k. So he's made out like a bandit.

We should auction this for charity.

$1000 to whack a wiggles fan - cheap ,I say.

Needs more utensil.

BUT, all you whippersnappers, put the cameras away. Nothing good comes of it, you could call it "you become an anti hero", translated as tosser.

And if you are a schoolteacher, sure, some sympathy for one being hit by a big bodied football player. But in general a teacher filming people in compromising situations should see them crucified in public, should have been stood down from his teaching post for this.

And if you are a schoolteacher, sure, some sympathy for one being hit by a big bodied football player. But in general a teacher filming people in compromising situations should see them crucified in public, should have been stood down from his teaching post for this.

I'm pretty sure the ed dept will look into it. It also depends on the principal. He or she may turn a blind eye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure the ed dept will look into it. It also depends on the principal. He or she may turn a blind eye.

I find it intriguing though, that the press went the "footballer hit a teacher" line instead of the "teacher compromised a footballer and got hit" line - or going both routes, I personally don't give a stuff about the WCE vs FRE thing, they're just 4 points, but I think there is a little bit of Planet Eagle at play in the press on this one.

I find it intriguing though, that the press went the "footballer hit a teacher" line instead of the "teacher compromised a footballer and got hit" line - or going both routes, I personally don't give a stuff about the WCE vs FRE thing, they're just 4 points, but I think there is a little bit of Planet Eagle at play in the press on this one.

Yes I see exactly what you're saying

Most likely Planet Eagle at play plus the media loves to pick a side. Today Tonight and ACU do this often.

Pick a side and don't scrutinise it. Don't leave it for viewer's discretion as it doesn't make for great viewing.

Johhno drooped his pants in a public restaurant mate. Its not like teacher was taking photographs through his bedroom window.

Would that teacher dick head have bothered to take video if it was just Joe Blow public with his pants round his ankles? I strongly suggest NO.
Cart before horse. I can't believe the effort to justify Johnson. It certainly is no hanging offense but why wouldn't you expect to be filmed, photographed or otherwise outed if you drop your pants in public? Gobsmackingly dumb thing to do for a public figure.

Johhno drooped his pants in a public restaurant mate. Its not like teacher was taking photographs through his bedroom window.

Johno deserves the media storm for dropping his pants in public, any public figure is going to cop it and it should be no surprise to him. Can still do it if you don't care about the repercussions or are a media whore, it's not illegal. (punching people is and the judge gave him a whack for it)

But for the teacher, their employment terms do hold them to a higher standard than the rest of the community. Schools are active in trying to stamp out various forms of bullying, part of that is the taking pictures/videos and publicly shaming or compromising people as it is a big issue for young people.

Specifically, for teachers registration you need to be a fit and proper person in accordance with the teacher registration act. The board includes this as a guideline
  • whether the person's behaviour does not meet a standard generally expected of a teacher, or shows that the person is not of good character
Taking photo's of people to compromise them, while a perfectly legal thing to do in Johno's case does not meet the standard in my opinion, given that schools are active in discouraging this with students.

Johno deserves the media storm for dropping his pants in public, any public figure is going to cop it and it should be no surprise to him. Can still do it if you don't care about the repercussions or are a media whore, it's not illegal. (punching people is and the judge gave him a whack for it)

But for the teacher, their employment terms do hold them to a higher standard than the rest of the community. Schools are active in trying to stamp out various forms of bullying, part of that is the taking pictures/videos and publicly shaming or compromising people as it is a big issue for young people.

Specifically, for teachers registration you need to be a fit and proper person in accordance with the teacher registration act. The board includes this as a guideline
  • whether the person's behaviour does not meet a standard generally expected of a teacher, or shows that the person is not of good character
Taking photo's of people to compromise them, while a perfectly legal thing to do in Johno's case does not meet the standard in my opinion, given that schools are active in discouraging this with students.
MJ got off lightly because of his character and the work he does with kids.... perhaps the teacher will be let off lightly because of his work with kids?

Nothing wrong with taking pictures in public places and you are assuming the teacher did this to compromise Johnson, who was busy compromising himself. The teacher used the photos after he had been assaulted.

Cart before horse. I can't believe the effort to justify Johnson. It certainly is no hanging offense but why wouldn't you expect to be filmed, photographed or otherwise outed if you drop your pants in public? Gobsmackingly dumb thing to do for a public figure.

That I agree with.

But was merely providing balance to analysis of the situation. Both sides of this incident behaved less than ideally imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back